Per PFT - Multiple coaches want to cancel all games tomorrow, put a pause on season 😢

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

This is just beginning.    There will be more.  Multiple teams.  When that happens you shut it down for 14 to 21 days and come back healthy.  Wasnt my article.  :)  I just agree it will happen. 

6 minutes ago, spartacus said:

what is that supposed to accomplish?

1 team has more than 1 positive test

Multiple coaches should concentrate on keeping strict safety protocols for their own teams and prepare to play games until further notice. Every front line health care worker, cop, firefighter and grocery worker don't get weeks off. The American people, many unemployed, need this escape vehicle. Stop trying to make policy decisions and do your job.

7 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I just woke up to use the bathroom. smoked a cigarette, and I see this tweet .. I can't fall back asleep.  The Bills have been a major source of happiness for years but especially in this surreal year of 2020. 

God I hope the NFL goes a different route. 

Oh and Don't kill the messenger!

What does "multiple coaches" mean?

It means more than one, presumably.  But does it mean two?  Three?  Ten?  Twenty?

Everyone has ideas, but how many is "many" matters to how likely they are to be considered.

7 hours ago, Estro said:

Mike Florio also has a penchant for cheering on and almost promoting worst case scenarios. Whenever it comes to potential roadblocks for the NFL whether it be legal, coronavirus, protests, liability issues, concussions.......Florio always seems to be rooting for or at the very least promoting chaos.  Maybe its the lawyer in him, but the man is always "glass half empty" pontificating on his daily show.  He could be hearing this but, damn, I hope this doesn't happen.

MLB (without a bubble)

NHL (bubble)

NBA (bubble)

Were all able to manage through their respective seasons without having to temporarily suspend the entire league.  With much more money on the table and just general importance to the nation's psyche I see no reason the NFL can't persevere through these uncharted waters.

Several MLB teams did not play all their games. Not saying the NFL won’t be able to continue as is. But they may need to add a bye week or determine playoffs by win percentage with some teams that only play 15 games

6 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The most successful Sports League in history- woefully unprepared. Did they learn nada from the NBA/NHL experiment?

Waaaay more thinking and seclusion & isolation protocols were needed. The whole concept of dozens of “Home Teams” (without fans, thereby rendering them meaningless) was an absurdity to begin with!

Perhaps, teams should have been grouped into 4-6 bubbles, where all games  were played from Thursday - Monday. 

Then blame the players and players association, NOT the NFL. The league offered and wanted to have the players in bubbles this year. The players said NO. Put the blame where it properly lies if you’re going to be so emphatic with your false takes. 

31 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Then blame the players and players association, NOT the NFL. The league offered and wanted to have the players in bubbles this year. The players said NO. Put the blame where it properly lies if you’re going to be so emphatic with your false takes. 

Just a point that we don't know where responsibility lies at this point.  If the team is setting up locker room position coaching and meeting situations which create more contacts between players and between players and coaches than there should be, is that on the players or on the team?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I just can’t see any way no one else was infected. I know yesterday’s tests came back negative, but there’s indistinguishable incubation period. Cam practiced all week with his teammates. All of a sudden he’s positive stepping on the plane and no onther Pat* is?

I’m not buying it.

yeah, but no one likes Cam!   ;)   

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

This is just beginning.    There will be more.  Multiple teams.  When that happens you shut it down for 14 to 21 days and come back healthy.  Wasnt my article.  :)  I just agree it will happen. 

When that happens, but really, how close to this are we?  If it's a player/team here or there, I think they keep working their way through it.   Surprised they pushed the Chiefs game -- but it's Kraft/Belicheat* so ...

OK, I think it's time to lock this one.

If someone gets new info about what the owners/league are actually considering, we can re-open or start a new thread but I think 8 pages of speculation on a tweet should suffice.

Either more players on teams with an infected player will test positive

OR

The infection control strategies mandated by the NFL and put in place by the teams will work and it's "onward and upward"

Wait and see is all we can do

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1