Cam Newton tests positive for Covid, OUT Sunday v Chiefs UPDATE: Game postponed

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope you’re right. But the nfl is by far the worst run of the sports leagues.  Roger is a moron. 

As much as we gripe about Roger, NFL is by far the best run of the major sports.  Not really close, either.

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if this development will force the tv networks to re-think their coverage for tomorrow.

Almost the entire country was going to get the NE vs. KC game.

Now maybe I have a shot at the BUF vs. LV game instead.

Our game is now much more interesting to the average objective fan, I would think, compared to the NE game minus Cam.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

As much as we gripe about Roger, NFL is by far the best run of the major sports.  Not really close, either.

Totally disagree brah.  Football is just the best sport and a monkey could run it and make a ton of money.  The players were complaining during camps about the NFL’s plans for the season.  

10 minutes ago, McBean said:

NFL isn't going to finish the season when the Bills are finally Super Bowl contenders.

Just our luck.

Right? We'll' be like 5-0 or 4-1 and the season will get cancelled.

So Billsy........

Edited by Real McNasty

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I wonder if this development will force the tv networks to re-think their coverage for tomorrow.

Our game is now much more interesting to the average objective fan, I would think, compared to the NE game minus Cam.

I expect if the KC game turns into a bloodbath the network may switch coverage. 

If NE D manages to contain Mahomes and it remains a close game, that would be a heck of a story line so they'll stay with it.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

That's what I'm hoping for. But I doubt they will change it since it's tomorrow. But guess you never know.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't get this concept of "tainted", @BillsFanSD.  I mean, I know some people will say stuff, but they would say stuff if the player were out for a couple of games with a physical injury or a different illness like Mono.

Oh, please. It's 2020. What kind of chucklehead gets mono? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Atlanta had a guy out of their game last week with a positive Covid test.  

Im sorry Cam has it, but if no other Patriots test positive they should play. i’m sure Belichek doesn’t want to play without his best QB so i anticipate the Pats do what they can do to get this game rescheduled 

• Like (+1) 1

I think people are questioning if the game will play because of 1. Who the player is that got the positive result and 2. Because of what’s happening with the Titans.

Saying that, no one thought anything of the Falcons/Bears match up last week when a player tested positive close to the game. If NE** has followed protocol there should be no reason why this game can’t go forward. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't get this concept of "tainted", @BillsFanSD.  I mean, I know some people will say stuff, but they would say stuff if the player were out for a couple of games with a physical injury or a different illness like Mono.

This. 

Also, how is it less impressive if team A manages to avoid covid and win a championship? If anything this is more impressive as it demonstrates the teams commitment to adapting and doing what it takes. 

Hap, is there any supplements our boys can start OD'in on to help avoid it? Should we just start mailing care packages of Vitamin C and fish oil to OBD??

29 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

How is it possible that only he tested positive and not any other teammates? I’d be shocked if other Pats players or coaches don’t test positive as well. I bet the NE KC gets postponed.

So they have that proximity monitor they're all supposed to wear.  I guess it will depend upon who qualifies as a close contact based on the proximity detector; I'm sure they're all being re-checked.

Maybe Cam was out clubbing in Vegas.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

If they delay this game because ONE player is sick, then I'll start supplying the pitchforks.

How many days in a row have Titans players been diagnosed since their first case?

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

This. 

Also, how is it less impressive if team A manages to avoid covid and win a championship? If anything this is more impressive as it demonstrates the teams commitment to adapting and doing what it takes. 

Hap, is there any supplements our boys can start OD'in on to help avoid it? Should we just start mailing care packages of Vitamin C and fish oil to OBD??

Thank god there is nothing to do in Buffalo!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I think people are questioning if the game will play because of 1. Who the player is that got the positive result and 2. Because of what’s happening with the Titans.

Saying that, no one thought anything of the Falcons/Bears match up last week when a player tested positive close to the game. If NE** has followed protocol there should be no reason why this game can’t go forward. 

I think the fact that we only see one + in NE is a positive... Didn't we hear about like 5 cases all at once in the Titans lockerroom? Seems like an isolated + could be mean it's not going to cause any major damage.