Cam Newton tests positive for Covid, OUT Sunday v Chiefs UPDATE: Game postponed

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Success said:

So, does the Bills/Raiders become the national 4:00 game on Sunday?

Nice call Success.  There are only 2 4pm games so it is likely if it is postponed to Tuesday that the Bills become the national draw.  I don’t want to see anyone get sick, but if this happens, I can stay home for the game.  Thanks for bringing it up.

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Prudence would say to change your fantasy lineup in case the game gets further postponed. 

I had not thought about that. I have Tyreek Hill. I wonder how this plays out. Will points be retroactively apply to this week if the game is postponed beyond Monday/Tuesday???

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Two big changes for the Bills cause of this:

Tomorrow's game will likely be national.

I doubt we play the Chiefs on TNF the 15th, as that would be 3 games in 10 days for them (if the tuesday thing happens)

Maybe swap the Monday night game with the Bills and Chiefs? Haven't looked at who is playing that game, though, and their schedules

Edited by 716er

1 minute ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I had not thought about that. I have Tyreek Hill. I wonder how this plays out. Will points be retroactively apply to this week if the game is postponed beyond Monday/Tuesday???

I doubt that... For the Steelers (my Defense) it just said this was their bye week.

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Maybe swap the Monday night game with the Bills and Chiefs? Haven't looked at who is playing that game, though, and their schedules

Or just dump the Chiefs and Bills on Sunday. Maybe swap SNF and TNF... Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Two big changes for the Bills cause of this:

Tomorrow's game will likely be national.

I doubt we play the Chiefs on TNF the 15th, as that would be 3 games in 10 days for them (if the tuesday thing happens)

I was already thinking bills titans would be moved to Tuesday, and bills chiefs would be moved to Sunday. This makes it more likely you are right. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hoping for no more positive tests and for this game to still be played. Otherwise the season might start coming unglued. 

Sucks for your starting QB to miss the game so last minute, but couldn't happen to a better team.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Sorry if I’m dense... what does postponing the NE-KC game one or two days really do?  Is it a hedge in case even more players test positive?

my guess is that if they go Today, tomorrow, monday, and tuesday without any additional positives that they will consider it isolated. 

Sorry if I’m dense... what does postponing the NE-KC game one or two days really do?  Is it a hedge in case even more players test positive?

I think that is exactly it. If spread is shown through either locker room they will postpone the game till a later week in the season just like they did with the Titans-Steelers game.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree.  It’s not going to be a normal season, but so far it has been as normal as one could hope.  We need to understand that this virus is highly contagious, we don’t really know how it spreads, and testing positive is not a moral failing.  The good news is that it’s highly likely that all these players who get it will recover quickly.

Yea, I would agree with you there. It could definitely be worse. Just hope that going forward that the NFL can somehow manage to not have anymore cases. Easier said than done obviously, but hopefully all players coaches etc will follow the guide lines to a T and maybe they can keep this at bay.

2 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Sweet now maybe Bills LV game will be on here in Columbus Ohio

Horrible way to think. Oh, and exactly what I was thinking. Bills on TV Sunday!!!

Test others multiple times. Figure out how/where the player was infected to see if others are at risk from the same exposure source. Clean the facility, etc.  Just guessing though