Cam Newton tests positive for Covid, OUT Sunday v Chiefs UPDATE: Game postponed

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s true.  Football is by far the hardest sport to organize with this BS. Too many people and you can only play games once a week.

It's an interesting Logistical debate.. What about multiple bubbles? 3 or four across the country with multiple fields at each and then air travel that's completely isolated... Hmm...

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Then there must be more positives. 

That or the NFL is giving the patriots royal treatment cause it's a QB... 

Also, would anyone be surprised if the Pats delayed announcement to make sure the game got pushed? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think the fact that we only see one + in NE is a positive... Didn't we hear about like 5 cases all at once in the Titans lockerroom? Seems like an isolated + could be mean it's not going to cause any major damage. 

The Titans started with 1 player

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2020/10/02/titans-covid-19-outbreak-postponement-timeline-week-4-nfl-2020/5884697002/

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How is the nfl’s plan better than the NBA or NHL? They didn’t have one player get it.  Those plans were perfect. 

No one watched the games, and the players absolutely hated being in the bubble, so much so that certain teams may have tanked just to get home early.  I’ll grant you that it was a different situation, in that those leagues were hit mid-season.  I think we can all agree that MLB is a joke.

42 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Did players get too comfortable?

Everything was going so well for so long. 

Well I saw Ty Nsekee (sp) Instagram story on Friday night. He was out in a restaurant/bar/club full of people... I’m not sure if they are allowed to do that. But as a responsible teammate he shouldn’t be doing that. He is risking the entire team. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So he tested positive last night.

That tells us nothing about when he contracted it, even if he is still asymptomatic.

He may have had it, and spread it all through the team, all week long at practice.

I'm not sure what the team has been doing in terms of testing type, but I would think every player in NE needs to get the deep nasal swab test done today before that game can be played.

It’s already been said if you’re asymptomatic it makes it much harder to spread/contract the virus. 

My wife was symptomatic, slept in same bed, under the same roof etc.... symptomatic and I never got it, kids never got it. 

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Well I saw Ty Nsekee (sp) Instagram story on Friday night. He was out in a restaurant/bar/club full of people... I’m not sure if they are allowed to do that. But as a responsible teammate he shouldn’t be doing that. He is risking the entire team. 

SMDH

They're not

Just now, SCBills said:

What the **** happened in Week 3/4!?

Everything was going so well ...

I guess it was inevitable. We were supposed to get spikes in the fall anyway.

And I feel like the NFL hasn't been proactive or creative enough in addressing this. There is a lot of hope & wishful thinking. They should have probably shortened the season a bit to build in more bye weeks, and stricter protocols & built in a few weeks after the season for make-up games.

2 minutes ago, Antonio said:

I get your point but these guys gotta be able to enjoy their lives too.  I’m assuming the place was practicing all the guidelines.