My hope for Brian Daboll

On 9/28/2020 at 9:36 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's possible both Daboll and Ken Dorsey get head coaching jobs. That would be the gut punch. Look at Ken Dorsey. A guy that has history and success coaching up modern QBs Cam Newton and Josh Allen. He'll get some calls.

Or he will go with Dabol to be his OC...that would truly be a kick in the pants...

After watching so many coordinators going down in smoke after becoming HC's I would be careful about taking a HC job. If I were in a good situation like Daboll feels like he is and they paid me close to a HC I would stay on as that teams OC. I think Daboll has a good chance at being a good HC in the NFL, if the Bills offense keeps playing at this level some team will break the bank and sign him as a HC. The reality is 5 or 6 HC will likely be fired after this season and Daboll will likely get a shot. Im hoping he stays with the Bills.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Bienemy should be a Head Coach in my mind. I think the things that are going against him are a) the credit Andy Reid gets for the offense and b) they made it to the AFCCG followed by the Superbowl. I know the 9ers did with Kyle Shanahan (and it has worked) and I think Dan Quinn went straight from a Superbowl to Atlanta job but generally the deeper you go in the Playoffs the harder it is for you to land a HC job that hiring season because teams don't want to wait.

If Josh continues to play as he has Daboll is getting the credit because McDermott is known as a "defensive guy" and the best bet the Bills have of keeping him is to go right to the end of the post-season. Otherwise if I am Jacksonville or the Jets or maybe the Lions and I think I am going Quarterback early in 2021 then Daboll would be one of my choices.

I think the Texans would be a better fit for both of them. It's not a terrible team has it's QB who is similar to the QB Daboll is doing so well with.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think the Texans would be a better fit for both of them. It's not a terrible team has it's QB who is similar to the QB Daboll is doing so well with.

If the Texans have an opening that is the best job on the market. An owner willing to let the coach have control, bring your own personnel guy, outstanding young Quarterback and only really saddled with the Tunsil contract. They are not tied in to paying anyone other than Tunsil and Watson so blank sheet of paper basically. 

23 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

After watching so many coordinators going down in smoke after becoming HC's I would be careful about taking a HC job. If I were in a good situation like Daboll feels like he is and they paid me close to a HC I would stay on as that teams OC. I think Daboll has a good chance at being a good HC in the NFL, if the Bills offense keeps playing at this level some team will break the bank and sign him as a HC. The reality is 5 or 6 HC will likely be fired after this season and Daboll will likely get a shot. Im hoping he stays with the Bills.

That sounds easy....but the majority of these OCs and DCs have goals and aspirations to be the next great HC imo.  Picking the right team can be tricky, but in most cases, these guys want to write their own story. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

That sounds easy....but the majority of these OCs and DCs have goals and aspirations to be the next great HC imo.  Picking the right team can be tricky, but in most cases, these guys want to write their own story. 

I agree with you.  I think anyone who makes it as a coordinator or HC in the NFL has a serious ego, because he needs to have a serious ego (not necessarily an inflated ego or a "love me some me" fest, but serious and strong belief in himself and confidence)

If a guy has a serious ego, he inevitably thinks he can be the one to Turn the Boat Around single-handedly.  Also, there are only 32 HC jobs in the league and usually HC vacancies correlate to struggling or underperforming teams.  So it's not like he can wait for his invitation to go coach the Chiefs or the 49'ers.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Daboll is on the hot seat, starting 4 weeks ago

I would say being on the hot seat has a salutory effect on him, but I believe having an all-pro talent at WR and a QB who can now make all the throws accurately is probably key

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Or he will go with Dabol to be his OC...that would truly be a kick in the pants...

I could be wrong, but if he's under contract to the Bills I don't think that can happen unless the Bills release him.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:40 AM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Who do you think is getting more credit for Mahomes? Reid or Bienemy? I don't think anyone believes that Mahomes development is a product of Bienemy. 

Greg Roman, on the other hand, is a little closer. However, I dont' think the league respects LJ as a passer--teams are looking for guys that turn QBs into passers. 

These aren't applicable comparisons. 

I don’t think the league respects Roman as a head coach is the issue 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with you.  I think anyone who makes it as a coordinator or HC in the NFL has a serious ego, because he needs to have a serious ego (not necessarily an inflated ego or a "love me some me" fest, but serious and strong belief in himself and confidence)

If a guy has a serious ego, he inevitably thinks he can be the one to Turn the Boat Around single-handedly.  Also, there are only 32 HC jobs in the league and usually HC vacancies correlate to struggling or underperforming teams.  So it's not like he can wait for his invitation to go coach the Chiefs or the 49'ers.

I think ego is different from confidence.... ego strikes me as narcissism, all about me sort of thing, I’m the best at what I do, I’m amazing yada yada yada... Confidence on the other hand can exist ultra peacefully with humility.. Humility isn’t humiliation, it’s about having an accurate view of one’s self worth... Look at quiet lunch pal type of players over the years... Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, JOSH ALLEN etc... They absolutely have confidence but they’re insanely humble about it which is a great trait to have in a leader.. Ego driven folks, like Adam Gase, Rex Ryan, Gregg Williams, Ryan Leaf, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen etc... those type of people are toxic and nobody wants to be around them and eventually they crash n burn..

On 9/28/2020 at 9:36 AM, NewEra said:

Yeah, like Eric Bienemy.  The guy that taught the young qb how to win mvp.....and super bowl mvp......and is still the OC.  Or Mark Roman, the guy that turned LJ into mvp.  

Bienemy is Reid's Curtis Modkins.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:36 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's possible both Daboll and Ken Dorsey get head coaching jobs. That would be the gut punch. Look at Ken Dorsey. A guy that has history and success coaching up modern QBs Cam Newton and Josh Allen. He'll get some calls.

Dorsey the QB Coach getting an NFL HC job??  Zero chance.

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bienemy is Reid's Curtis Modkins.

Dorsey the QB Coach getting an NFL HC job??  Zero chance.

Yeah, he inherited that role after Doug Pederson was named HC and won a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1