OL/DL win rate after 2 weeks

syhuang

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Anyone with eyes can see our Dline has been outstanding in generating pressure. Darnold and Fitz have been off their spot or throwing as they got hit endlessly. 

The people in the game day threads saying "where is the rush?" Don't know what they are watching. Ed Oliver and Jerry Hughes have been outstanding. 

Hughes has been ridiculously consistent since he came to Buffalo despite his waffling sack numbers. He’s an amazing player and fun to watch, as well as biggest hustler on the team. 

• Like (+1) 2

So this week, the LT Andrew whitworth has been really good after a down year last year. Not sure he will give up much. The rest of the line is serviceable but not very athletic. The LG is hurt, but his replacement David Edwards may actually be a bit better in run blocking. Getting pressure on Goff is enormous because it completely changes how effective the offense is. Quinton Jefferson came from Seattle and is used to playing these guys, which could help. 

46 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Hughes has been ridiculously consistent since he came to Buffalo despite his waffling sack numbers. He’s an amazing player and fun to watch, as well as biggest hustler on the team. 

My favorite Bill for the last several years. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wat?

Of course number may be slanted by playing the Jets, who had a stout run D last year....

....but in another thread someone commented about our excellent run blocking and I was like "um....."

So there's that

It was my attempt at sarcasm. Lol

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, he’s in the psycho hall of fame for sure. 

I have worked at a forensic psych hospital for almost 10 years as a security manager (it's a hospital for the criminally insane think shutter island) and I can tell you he is not even close to the psycho hall of fame if he's going up against the people I have met here.

17 hours ago, syhuang said:

Only 2 games of stats and opponents matter, but anyway, here are the pass blocking, run blocking, pass rushing and run stopping win rates so far:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

Bills are #1 in Team Pass Rush Win Rate at 66%

#21 in Team Run Stop Win Rate at 29%

#6 in Team Pass Block Win Rate at 67%             

#30 in Team Run Block Win Rate at 64%      

Hughes is #2 in DE/OLB Pass Rush Win Rate at 41%

Murphy is #5 in DE/OLB Pass Rush Win Rate at 30%

Oliver is #10 in DT Pass Rush Win Rate at 18%

Morse is #9 in OC Pass Block Win Rate at 96%

interesting, both offensive and defensive lines are great at pass, not great in run.  And it's not like we have played rushing juggernauts the first 2 weeks.  

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Anyone with eyes can see our Dline has been outstanding in generating pressure. Darnold and Fitz have been off their spot or throwing as they got hit endlessly. 

The people in the game day threads saying "where is the rush?" Don't know what they are watching. Ed Oliver and Jerry Hughes have been outstanding. 

Many times Fitz was getting rid of the ball so quickly it wouldn't matter if we had an entire line of Bruce Smith's rushing, he couldn't get there.  But if he held the ball a little longer, he was getting drilled..you want an example of no pass rush?  Look at the Dolphins. Allen could have put the ball down and did a few pushups before throwing it and he still wouldn't have gotten touched on many of the dropbacks.  Their pass blocking has been mostly outstanding so far. Run blocking has been kind of meh...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, GunnerBill said:

Agreed and you could make the case that Goff is the worst QB under pressure and least mobile of the three QBs we'll have faced. If we can pressure the QB as effectively as the first two weeks, we'll be 3-0. 

7 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Agreed and you could make the case that Goff is the worst QB under pressure and least mobile of the three QBs we'll have faced. If we can pressure the QB as effectively as the first two weeks, we'll be 3-0. 

It is definitely the best oline we have faced though. 

On 9/23/2020 at 9:12 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

I just wish we could do a GoFundMe for ophthalmologists/glasses for the refs...so they can see him being held.

23 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yes 100%. lol

So WTH with Oliver not being part of that introduction video?  I mean, if his Dad or his brother wouldn’t introduce him, couldn’t they get his horse?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

Here are the updated rankings after every week 5 game other than our game against the titans last night.

Bills are #3 in Team Pass Rush Win Rate at 52% (#1, 66% after week 2)

#27 in Team Run Stop Win Rate at 28% (#21, 29%)

#6 in Team Pass Block Win Rate at 66% (#6, 67%)             

#31 in Team Run Block Win Rate at 66% (#30, 64%)

Hughes is #2 in DE/OLB Pass Rush Win Rate at 33%

Dawkins is #8 in OT Pass Block Win Rate at 94%

Morse is #8 in OC Pass Block Win Rate at 96%