Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That's with Rams playing ***** defenses...

That’s their defensive yards/play allowed

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

‘zactly...that’s why the Rams are going to start in zone and hope their pass rush gets home and that their LBs can squeeze enough space out of the middle to prevent Bease and the TEs from going to work.

Because if Allen sits back there and picks them apart, and they have to resort to blitzing, they’re in trouble.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

‘zactly...that’s why the Rams are going to start in zone and hope their pass rush gets home and that their LBs can squeeze enough space out of the middle to prevent Bease and the TEs from going to work.

Because if Allen sits back there and picks them apart, and they have to resort to blitzing, they’re in trouble.

I’m finding it extremely difficult to prevent myself from getting “giddy” over what is going on in Orchard Park.  So let’s say Josh really has turned the corner and can now “pick apart” zone defenses or beat man coverage.  The other extremely rare aspect of his game is that he seems to always make the first rusher miss.  This combination of Mahomes-like arm talent and Jackson-like escapability/threat as a runner could legitimately turn Josh into the most dynamic and difficult to defend weapon at the QB position in the league.  We’ll need to see it for more than two games, obviously, but wow.

• Like (+1) 6

45 minutes ago, eball said:

For better or worse, garbage time drives count in those statistics as well.  Probably doesn’t make a huge difference but it could be worth a couple of tenths of a yard...

Stats are pliable. Didn’t the Bills have four kneel down plays of -1 at the end of games already? It cuts their average yards per play on offense three tenths just for that. From 6.6 to 6.9

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is pretty spot on and exactly how I feel about it this weeks game.  This game is more about who we are as a team than whether we can increase our playoff chances. 

I think the Bills as a franchise and Josh Allen as a QB are viewed the same way right now. People will remain skeptical until proven otherwise.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it the Bills as a franchise and Josh Allen as a QB are viewed the same way right now. People will remain skeptical until proven otherwise.

If people are still “skeptical” about a franchise that has been to the playoffs 2/3 years and has started this season 2-0 they’ve got nobody but themselves to blame for their pig-headedness.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

If people are still “skeptical” about a franchise that has been to the playoffs 2/3 years and has started this season 2-0 they’ve got nobody but themselves to blame for their pig-headedness.

Three years ago they got in because of a miracle Dalton to Boyd TD pass. Everyone knew that was a one and done team that wasn't going anywhere. Last season 10-6 was a nice  but blowing that game in Houston was a tough ending. If the Bills get into the playoffs again they need to win a playoff game for the "skeptics" to believe they are becoming a Super Bowl contender.

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Eh.  We've also lost 2 of those 2 playoff games.

People rightly want to know, do we got a guy who can stand with the top QB in the league, or are we setting up to be the 2011 Bengals, who went to playoffs 5 straight years with Dalton - WC slots - and lost every one?  Has Allen really taken a big step, or did we just buy our Andy Dalton his AJ Green?

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott gets on my nerves anymore. He never seemed prepared for pressers, let alone coach-speak. I know it’s not fair to compare Belichek to ANY other coach, but Bill is always prepared, knows his opponents players, strengths and discusses them at length. 

Wrestle Boy just seems so clueless.. It’s not being coy. He really doesn’t seem to know much about other teams.

I’m glad he’s our coach, but he’s alarmingly weak with press conferences.

juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

McDermott gets on my nerves anymore. He never seemed prepared for pressers, let alone coach-speak. I know it’s not fair to compare Belichek to ANY other coach, but Bill is always prepared, knows his opponents players, strengths and discusses them at length. 

Wrestle Boy just seems so clueless.. It’s not being coy. He really doesn’t seem to know much about other teams.

I’m glad he’s our coach, but he’s alarmingly weak with press conferences.

juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

He gets the job done and the players love him.

Wrex used to kill the press conferences and where did all that blowhard crap get this team?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1