DeAndre Baker Released

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-giants-to-release-de-andre-baker-after-armed-robbery-arrest-151539889.html

He is on the Commissioner's exempt list and in a load of legal trouble. It is 50-50 whether he would play again.

But that is what we said when the Kareem Hunt video surfaced. Just in case he does get to play again and gets his life back together (Big IF), I think the Bills should keep an eye on him. Why?

He is the closest CB comparison I have ever seen to Tre White. I did a double take when I watched a Georgia game - it was like seeing Tre in a bulldog uni.

He is no choir boy but Beane is not in the business of signing choir boys.

Yes it is a long shot - but Baker himself can do a lot worse than sign with the Bills - where a player comes to become the best version of himself.

I don't think Beane signs him, far too much of a distraction as good as he might be. I just don't think McBeane want to deal with the headache at this point. Maybe in 2021 if he is still out there and he his legal issues and league issues are sorted it would make more sense. 

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If convicted, the penalty is a 10 year minimum sentence. Unless this turns out to be totally false, his football career is probably over.

Yeah, my $$$ is on his career being over. 

• Like (+1) 1

About Claiming him on waivers 

1. It is my understanding that players on the exempt list do not count towards the active roster limits

2. The scheme fit with McD is scary good

3. His salary is 3.3 mill with no guarantees for next year (Giants have paid out all the signing bonuses). That is the cost of buying an option on DeAndre Baker - if it works out we have our CB #2 / #3

4. Only downside for us if we want him is that our draft priority is low. 

31 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Dallas is where felons go to become the best version of themselves......not Buffalo.

Funnily enough, Dallas is likely the top candidate to file a waiver claim.

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-giants-to-release-de-andre-baker-after-armed-robbery-arrest-151539889.html

He is on the Commissioner's exempt list and in a load of legal trouble. It is 50-50 whether he would play again.

But that is what we said when the Kareem Hunt video surfaced. Just in case he does get to play again and gets his life back together (Big IF), I think the Bills should keep an eye on him. Why?

He is the closest CB comparison I have ever seen to Tre White. I did a double take when I watched a Georgia game - it was like seeing Tre in a bulldog uni.

He is no choir boy but Beane is not in the business of signing choir boys.

Yes it is a long shot - but Baker himself can do a lot worse than sign with the Bills - where a player comes to become the best version of himself.

Why would we want DeAndre Baker?  He is not very good.  And his attorney could be very well going to jail for conspiring to pay off witnesses.  What a dumb ass.  

2 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Why would we want DeAndre Baker?  He is not very good.  And his attorney could be very well going to jail for conspiring to pay off witnesses.  What a dumb ass.  

1. He is Tredavious White lite on the field

2. He comes at a low cost

3. We are thin at CB

4. And it was not HIS attorney. It was Dunbar's attorney Grieco who is now being investigated by the Florida Bar Association. Baker's attorneys had nothing to do with the payoff. In fact, they were the ones who notified the FBI about what was going on.

5. The victims have filed civil suits (not criminal suits) asking for 100K from Baker. Like the Kobe Bryant Colorado case - this will be settled out of court.

Bottomline, there is a 50% chance, this will blow over for Baker in a couple of months. This is not to excuse his bad judgment in anyway. But it appears to be a relatively small investment to buy an option on a cost controlled first round talent who is a perfect scheme fit.

• Like (+1) 1