Ertz & Philly negotiations at an impasse

appoo

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1301599721761497091?s=20

Sorry, didn't see a thread where I could post this - but if you trade, sign and then extend him for 3 years, he's got a cap hit between 10-12M. At 29, he's one of the 5 best TEs in the game, and while Knox isn't a weakness, he's young and as of now an average TE.  He'd be worth a 2nd round pick IMO, as he'd elevate this offense quite a bit. In terms of the passing game, the glaring hole the Bills have is size in the RZ. Knox is hoping to solve that. Ertz WOULD solve that, and could possibly elevate the weaponry to 2nd best in the NFL. 

This post is 100% me trying to make fetch happen. 

Don't get me wrong.  Zach Ertz would be a fantastic addition.

But I'm curious to see how this offense looks to start the season.  We may not really need him.

- Addition of Stefon Diggs

- Drafting Zack Moss to replace aging Frank Gore

- Drafting two good-sized WRs in Gabriel Davis and Isaiah Hodgins

- Not to mention a year of experience for Dawson Knox and Tommy Sweeney at TE

All of these factors, plus hopefully another step in development for Josh Allen - and I think we may be good enough to score quite a few points on offense.

We really didn't struggle in the Red Zone last year.  Our biggest problem came between the 40s, and drive-killing mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, the Eagles aren't letting go of Ertz. 

Goedert is still really good.  I'd be concerned about the depth left behind him if Ertz weren't there though.  I don't think they'd move him, and i don't think we'd be in the market at the price it would take.  GB would probably be interested, i feel like houston would be too.  Arizona could also use another pass catcher.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Goedert is still really good.  I'd be concerned about the depth left behind him if Ertz weren't there though.  I don't think they'd move him, and i don't think we'd be in the market at the price it would take.  GB would probably be interested, i feel like houston would be too.  Arizona could also use another pass catcher.

With their uncertain WR situation at the present time, they aren't going to trade away Wentz' favorite target. 

6 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Don't get me wrong.  Zach Ertz would be a fantastic addition.

But I'm curious to see how this offense looks to start the season.  We may not really need him.

- Addition of Stefon Diggs

- Drafting Zack Moss to replace aging Frank Gore

- Drafting two good-sized WRs in Gabriel Davis and Isaiah Hodgins

- Not to mention a year of experience for Dawson Knox and Tommy Sweeney at TE

All of these factors, plus hopefully another step in development for Josh Allen - and I think we may be good enough to score quite a few points on offense.

We really didn't struggle in the Red Zone last year.  Our biggest problem came between the 40s, and drive-killing mistakes.

Heaven forbid we put the chips on the table like the chiefs or other contenders. 

Im not saying ertz has to be that guy but how’s the time you make that move and get rings, not wait and see. 

• Like (+1) 2

This thing about we have enough talent, did Tampa do that?  They had $1.5 mil. in space, and signed him for $2 mil. with incentives to $3.5 mil.  They had a deficit in the running game.  Their other deficit was in the defensive secondary, and picked high the last two years.  Our deficit is in the TE realm and although Cutting Smith, or others isn’t the complete answer, cutting Murphy would get us close and we’d have the most talented team on every unit offensively and defensively in over 25 years.

Im all for it when it comes to adding TE talent.  If we have to wait for a draft pick next year, ok, but 29 is not old, and could seriously help this team.  Allen could use another pass catching TE to give him an underneath throw.  If we don’t, I don’t care, but it would be the one position that would be fun to add.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Heaven forbid we put the chips on the table like the chiefs or other contenders. 

Im not saying ertz has to be that guy but how’s the time you make that move and get rings, not wait and see. 

Totally agree.  The team may not need Ertz, but if they don’t it’s not because they grabbed the 9th RB and the 17th and 30th WRs taken in the draft.