Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What should the Chargers do: start someone worse than Tyrod or forfeit the season?

Watching Tyrod play Quarterback sends me to sleep so if I was a Chargers fan and forfeiting were an option.....

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm not sure Lynn gets fired after this season.

All the COVID changes on their own may save a number of coaches this year as they get a "pass". Especially when it comes to developing a rookie QB with no training camp and preseason.

And then especially so with a team like the Chargers, which seems happy to just be going through the motions as a franchise.

Unless there is a hot Offensive coaching prospect the FO just has to have, but I'm not sure there are any of those left right now with the way they were hired over the last 2 seasons.

And they have a nasty D even if losing James is a blow. The Chargers should be a couple of games better than last year and I think that will earn Lynn another crack.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What at @BarleyNY said isn't dislike. It is the truth. There are people here saying Tyrod sucks. That isn't true. But him being no better than a bridge Quarterback isn't a controversial opinion, or a slight on Tyrod. It is a fact.

I guess I took more issue with his statement that the Bills "ignored the QB position" because of Tyrod. When in 2015 they brought in Tyrod to compete for the starting job in a pathetic QB situation. 2016 was the only season that the Bills didn't draft a QB early because they had Tyrod who was coming off of a fine season in his first year starting. And considering in 2016 the Bills only option was a hefty trade up to spots 1 or 2 I don't think it was in the cards anyway. In 2017 the Bills didn't pass on taking a QB because of Tyrod. I have seen that narrative about Tyrod and it just infuriates me because it isn't true at all. 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I always liked Tyrod. Thought the crictisim of him was over the top here. He wasn't great or even good but the Bills should've been a lot better team with that offense and him as their QB in 2015 and 2016 if not for Rexs ***** defense.

Thought he'd have more success in Cleveland. I was wrong he fell off quite a bit. 

I'll never understand the Bledsoe love here.... that guy ***** sucked.

I can’t find the posts but I had gone back through his career after the first 8 games. His completion percentage was in the mid 50’s and he had as many turnovers as TDs. He led the league in sacks and had a terrible record to boot (with decent talent around him). He was good for 8 games and then an awful player. He’s the most over-appreciated Bills player in franchise history. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What at @BarleyNY said isn't dislike. It is the truth. There are people here saying Tyrod sucks. That isn't true. But him being no better than a bridge Quarterback isn't a controversial opinion, or a slight on Tyrod. It is a fact.

Gunner said it well here.  It was not a slight toward Tyrod and I’m not sure how anyone took it that way. 

35 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I always liked Tyrod. Thought the crictisim of him was over the top here. He wasn't great or even good but the Bills should've been a lot better team with that offense and him as their QB in 2015 and 2016 if not for Rexs ***** defense.

Thought he'd have more success in Cleveland. I was wrong he fell off quite a bit. 

I'll never understand the Bledsoe love here.... that guy ***** sucked.

why?  Because they scored over 22 ppg?

Even EJ Manuel scored over 21 ppg. 
(ducking and hiding)

points are fun.

But really

Tuhrod needed to go. 

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can’t find the posts but I had gone back through his career after the first 8 games. His completion percentage was in the mid 50’s and he had as many turnovers as TDs. He led the league in sacks and had a terrible record to boot (with decent talent around him). He was good for 8 games and then an awful player. He’s the most over-appreciated Bills player in franchise history. 

what he said. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I guess I took more issue with his statement that the Bills "ignored the QB position" because of Tyrod. When in 2015 they brought in Tyrod to compete for the starting job in a pathetic QB situation. 2016 was the only season that the Bills didn't draft a QB early because they had Tyrod who was coming off of a fine season in his first year starting. And considering in 2016 the Bills only option was a hefty trade up to spots 1 or 2 I don't think it was in the cards anyway. In 2017 the Bills didn't pass on taking a QB because of Tyrod. I have seen that narrative about Tyrod and it just infuriates me because it isn't true at all. 

I agree they didn't pass in 2017 because of Tyrod. They decided to pass first and wait for 2018 and then agreed the paycut with Tyrod. But I still think sticking with him an extra year was a mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ALF said:

They don't want to put Herbert in there before he is ready

I've always found this to be the smart thing to do even if the rookie outperforms the vet in camp. Let the vet get in there..take the early lumps then the rookie is going to have a lot less pressure when the season is over and fans just sat through the pain of the struggling vet for a few weeks. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree they didn't pass in 2017 because of Tyrod. They decided to pass first and wait for 2018 and then agreed the paycut with Tyrod. But I still think sticking with him an extra year was a mistake.

If they didn't like any of the QB's in the 2017 draft then what options did the Bills have to get a proven veteran that would have been better than Tyrod? Given that they were not sold on the draft class Tyrod for one more year was their best option.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If they didn't like any of the QB's in the 2017 draft then what options did the Bills have to get a proven veteran that would have been better than Tyrod? Given that they were not sold on the draft class Tyrod for one more year was their best option.

They didn't pass because they didn't like the 2017 QBs. They passed because Beane wasn't here. 

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh?

Points are fun? The more points you score the better your chances of winning. 😅 Tyrod and the Bills offense were good at scoring points in that 2016 season. 

I agree Tyrods time was up, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they should’ve been a better team with him as their QB in 2015 and 2016 because their offense was pretty damn good. Best offense the Bills have had over the past 20+ years. 

I believe that they had 2 top 10 scoring offenses. 

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s Taylor’s niche.  He’s a modestly compensated (by NFL standards), bridge QB.  I tip my hat to him for making a fine living by doing that.  The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.  Then they got pissy when he didn’t live up to that hype.  

Yep. Really a stand up guy that works hard, has good skills but a number 2 bridge guy. I wish him the best he played hard here, just can’t take it to the next level.

• Like (+1) 1