Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This is a typical Trump move to set the expectations.  Like a coach implying the refs are going to favor their opponent on Sunday because they always get all the calls.  So now the officials are going to be on their toes to "prove" they are being unbiased.  And if he is judged to be the "loser" well then the moderator wasn't fair as previously suggested.  And if not his great abilities and the record of his administration won the day.   

Yep. Smart on Trump’s part.  Although I think Chris Wallace was already going to be the toughest interviewer that Biden has faced so/by far.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Yep. Smart on Trump’s part.  Although I think Chris Wallace will be the toughest interviewer that Biden has faced so/by far.

And even though Wallace is a democrat, who does not like Trump, he respects Trump for sitting down with him (multiple times) for two hours at a clip. Meanwhile, he's openly said he's disappointed that Joe hasn't done the same with him. I expect Wallace to be a bit feisty towards Biden at the top. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And even though Wallace is a democrat, who does not like Trump, he respects Trump for sitting down with him (multiple times) for two hours at a clip. Meanwhile, he's openly said he's disappointed that Joe hasn't done the same with him. I expect Wallace to be a bit feisty towards Biden at the top. 

Rarely do I watch these debates but this will be an exception.  Short of wandering around the stage and pissing his pants the MSM is surely going to give Joe the win.  If post debate polls show Trump closing or ahead prepare for epic liberal temper tantrums. Get your popcorn ready!

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

Which Biden Shows Up Tuesday?

by J.T. Young

Original Article

If this is the most important election in decades, this is its most important moment. Thus far, this campaign has been a referendum on Trump; Tuesday’s debate will be one on Biden. Its outcome depends on which Biden shows up. Like all races with a president seeking re-election, this one has centered on the incumbent. Thanks to a hostile media and Trump’s aggressive use of social media, America has had plenty of material for judgement. Topping it off, 2020 has been an acutely tumultuous year: Beginning with an impeachment trial and now a contentious Supreme Court vacancy — with a pandemic, a recession, and nationwide violence in between.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

by J.T. Young

Original Article

If this is the most important election in decades, this is its most important moment. Thus far, this campaign has been a referendum on Trump; Tuesday’s debate will be one on Biden. Its outcome depends on which Biden shows up. Like all races with a president seeking re-election, this one has centered on the incumbent. Thanks to a hostile media and Trump’s aggressive use of social media, America has had plenty of material for judgement. Topping it off, 2020 has been an acutely tumultuous year: Beginning with an impeachment trial and now a contentious Supreme Court vacancy — with a pandemic, a recession, and nationwide violence in between.

Which Trump shows up?

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298muysegoyx2a8hcaln

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299a176aa6df268818cf

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299a176aa6df268818cf

On 9/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

What does the moderator’s politics or feelings for

either participant in a debate have to do with this?

Rhetorical question. 

19 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Just Sayin'

Just Sayin'

Your role model, Donald Q Trump:

Then he goes on to mock him, jerking his arms in front of his body:

“Now, the poor guy, you ought to see this guy, ‘Ah, I don’t know what I said, I don’t remember, I don’t remember, maybe that’s what I said.’”

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

by J.T. Young

Original Article

NONE...Mother Pelosi said "nope"......Whoa Joe will take the 5th.....of SOMETHING..........no ice.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

NONE...Mother Pelosi said "nope"......Whoa Joe will take the 5th.....of SOMETHING..........no ice.............

Trumps' the one already bitching that the debate won't be fair - but why won't @B-Man post that artcle? Doesn't fit his fake news narrative?

Trump claims Fox anchor Chris Wallace won't ask Biden 'tough questions' at debate

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Hardly. 

You're the one defending the indefensible.

WILL TRUMP BE OVERCONFIDENT TUESDAY NIGHT?

Powerline’s Paul Mirengoff has watched a few presidential debates in his day and he notes that incumbents tend not to do well in the first contest of the quadrennial campaigns.

Mirengoff doesn’t suggest Trump will stumble for that reason but he does see some significant potential problems from a related factor, namely, OrangeManBad’s reliance on rhetoric, presence and (selected) facts to make his case.

I don't think it matters............

The BIDEN WON THE DEBATE articles have ALREADY been written, and the post debate 'commentary" rehearsed.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think Biden will do well, and by that I mean he’ll handle the questions and play Scranton tough guy on the podium.  He’ll be dismissive, he’ll be aggressive and he’ll make ***** up as he goes.  He will interrupt regularly, and it’s up to the moderator to establish the ground rules or it will get ugly fast. 

Expectations are low, and if he can walk out and avoid sniffing DJTs hair he’ll do ok.  I don’t believe he’ll be a dithering mess, there must be a plan to help him get through it.  I could certainly see him taking medication for clarity and lots of it.  

I don’t worry about Trump being overconfident, he’s good in a room and will handle things the way he always does.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think Biden will do well, and by that I mean he’ll handle the questions and play Scranton tough guy on the podium.  He’ll be dismissive, he’ll be aggressive and he’ll make ***** up as he goes.  He will interrupt regularly, and it’s up to the moderator to establish the ground rules or it will get ugly fast. 

Expectations are low, and if he can walk out and avoid sniffing DJTs hair he’ll do ok.  I don’t believe he’ll be a dithering mess, there must be a plan to help him get through it.  I could certainly see him taking medication for clarity and lots of it.  

I don’t worry about Trump being overconfident, he’s good in a room and will handle things the way he always does.  

I am just wondering how little sleep Joe's handlers are getting tonight, wondering which Joe wakes up in the morning tomorrow.

200301-keppler-horse-tranquilizer-tease_

• Haha (+1) 1