Panthers release LB Andre Smith. Bills? ?

DJB

26 minutes ago, DJB said:

I am in two minds whether we want him. There is of course a familiarity with Farwell's system. But,  I am trying to whittle down players before cut day and giving me more choices makes me mad. ? 

I am not sure he is an upgrade over Tyler Matakevich who is a ST tackling monster. Additionally Matakevich can step in play LB for us (I saw him play when he was at Temple and he was very good). I am not sure Andre Smith has the versatility to play LB at a high level if needed.

Edit: Oh and a small bit of useless trivia about Andre Smith - Carolina actually selected him in the 7th round of the 2018 draft using the pick Buffalo sent them in the Kelvin Benjamin Trade.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I am in two minds whether we want him. There is of course a familiarity with Farwell's system. But,  I am trying to whittle down players before cut day and giving me more choices makes me mad. ? 

I am not sure he is an upgrade over Tyler Matakevich who is a ST tackling monster. Additionally Matakevich can step in play LB for us (I saw him play when he was at Temple and he was very good). I am not sure Andre Smith has the versatility to play LB at a high level if needed.

Edit: Oh and a small bit of useless trivia about Andre Smith - Carolina actually selected him in the 7th round of the 2018 draft using the pick Buffalo sent them in the Kelvin Benjamin Trade.

Yeah, that's how I see it. We would've been a good landing spot if we didn't go out and get Matakevich already.