Barkley ranked 23rd best backup by PFF

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Look at you guys just liking each other's posts! BFF's forever!

I think you two are the only ones who feel this way. Beane and McDermott preach competition.

It's going to be so tough for you guys this season to see the Bills win lots of games, isn't it?

Whoa!  No WAY!!  Should you even be posting this??  What if other NFL coaches and GMs read this..... and then THEY start preaching competition as well??  Have you even thought of that?  

You are going to get banned by PSE now, bro.  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Look at you guys just liking each other's posts! BFF's forever!

I think you two are the only ones who feel this way. Beane and McDermott preach competition.

It's going to be so tough for you guys this season to see the Bills win lots of games, isn't it?

I agree with them on backup QB. They are right. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with them on backup QB. They are right. 

They aren't capable of being right about it because there is no way to verify it.

It is just as easily a fact that they are fine with Barkley as a backup and value him more than random message board fans.

There's no indication that they think Barkley is bad and that they don't want to bring in a better QB because it will pressure Josh. That is just fan speculation. So no, they aren't right. And believing that is silly, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

They aren't capable of being right about it because there is no way to verify it.

It is just as easily a fact that they are fine with Barkley as a backup and value him more than random message board fans.

There's no indication that they think Barkley is bad and that they don't want to bring in a better QB because it will pressure Josh. That is just fan speculation. So no, they aren't right. And believing that is silly, in my opinion.

None of those backups are a franchise player.  The only one who could be is Winston, but that's if he cuts down on the turnovers, which is a big if.  If Josh isn't the guy, I'd rather they start fresh.

It’s mainly because he hasn’t touched the field much. So everybody doesn’t really know what he can do so they just assume the bad..Watch the NBC Simms video when they couldn’t even remember what game he got in last year..... 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I don't care what they believe. They are wrong. Barkley is bad. Every single backup QB ranking has him lower than 20th. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't care what they believe. They are wrong. Barkley is bad. Every single backup QB ranking has him lower than 20th. 

Where do the QB rankings rank Josh Allen? Similarly low, but it is clear the team and most fans value him more than the outsiders.

I'm not a Barkley fan but Geno Smith and Brett Hundley are grossly over rated on this list.  Barkley is probably correctly placed in the bottom third.  Some on the list haven't even played a down in the NFL and may someday prove to be a good player.  Until they show it in real game situations, it is hard for me to accept that they should be in the top half of the league.  For them, it's just a guess at this point.

Looking through that list I could see him anywhere from 12-20.  The rookies are all wildcards and any given day he could be better than Glennon, Manion, Geno, Henne, Daniel, McCarron and Stidham. Barkley has actually been more effective than all of them, even with his noodle arm.

9 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

20-32 are all interchangeable, those are some bad QBs at the bottom. I hope we never see Barkley on the field except for blowouts where he finishes the game, he is not good.

With this list I honestly feel 12-32 are all interchangeable on any given day.  Mike Glennon is #13 and Hurts at #12 has yet to play an NFL down. He's a total. wildcard when the bullets fly at the NFL level.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

22nd to 27th was where I have him. I'd have him closer to the bottom than the top of that range. I think my list he was 26th. But 23rd? That is fair enough. He is in the right grouping of other guys on the list. The one that is way too high for me is Schaub.

You think Nick Mullins at 6 is fair?