The Batman trailer

Mark Vader

10/1/21

In case no one has seen this. Here is our next incarnation of the caped crusader.

Directed by Matt Reeves(Cloverfield, Let Me In, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, War of the Planet of the Apes)

Thoughts?

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I had no idea about this movie.  It was originally Ben Affleck's idea and he was to write, produce, direct and star.  Then he stepped down from writing, producing and directing so he could focus on being Batman.  Then his successor decided to focus on a younger Batman and Affleck eventually left altogeither.

OUCH!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Batman_(film)

Matt Reeves is this movie's greatest hope.  Colin Farrell is an interesting add, I like him.

Is it just me or does Pattinson's Bruce Wayne seem more "brooding recluse" than "billionaire playboy?"  Pattinson takes his acting very seriously now and the Twilight franchise attachment doesn't turn me away.

From what I understand, in the Batman timeline this movie starts before a lot of the characters are cemented - Selina doesn't have her "Catwoman" gear, there isn't really a "Riddler" moniker yet.  I'm interested.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Matt Reeves is this movie's greatest hope.  Colin Farrell is an interesting add, I like him.

Is it just me or does Pattinson's Bruce Wayne seem more "brooding recluse" than "billionaire playboy?"  Pattinson takes his acting very seriously now and the Twilight franchise attachment doesn't turn me away.

From what I understand, in the Batman timeline this movie starts before a lot of the characters are cemented - Selina doesn't have her "Catwoman" gear, there isn't really a "Riddler" moniker yet.  I'm interested.

I mean we didn't really to get to see much of "Bruce" the only part he was in it he was switching back to Batman to knock someone out of the way.

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Don't care about another Batman. Though I heard they are making some crazy one where a couple of old Batman's would appear. 

Yes, they are bringing back Michael Keaton's version and Ben Affleck's version for the Flash movie.

That one sounds interesting.  

So will it be 2-2.5 years down the road that Hollywood will decide that Batman has not been perfected hence another series for the Caped Crusader?  Honestly, the best Batman was the 1960's version with the movie being a letdown compared to the then just finished Season 1.  This is the only way the franchise works in my mind.  The stakes are usually small (they had billions of dollars in 1966 but the villains played for a few million normally) and even this Batman was somewhat obscure to the rank and file police and residents of Gotham City.  Note the episodes where Batman is lectured by a cop for poor custody of the Batmobile.  

20 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Let me guess....this time Batman is even more dark and disturbed!!

If you had bothered to actually watch the trailer you'd see how wrong you are.  They're bringing back the campy and fun Batman from the 60s and 70s.  No plastic sculpted suit just a flabby middle aged man in tights.  No special effects, just bam, ziff, pow, boof.  No broody acting, just the light-hearted interaction and thinly veiled sexual innuendo between an aging super hero and his teenage sidekick. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

So they are following in the footsteps of the not that long ago ended Gotham which was broadcast on FOX?  

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Don't care about another Batman. Though I heard they are making some crazy one where a couple of old Batman's would appear. 

That one isn't actually a Batman movie, it's the Flash.  The story they're adapting there (Flashpoint) does have some really fun Batman stuff in it, but they can't do it justice.  Apparently both Keaton and Affleck are signed on for that one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Matt Reeves is the only reason why I am willing to give this a chance. He did a splendid job with the Apes series.

Pattinson is an unusual choice, but I will give him a chance. I think Paul Dano is a great choice for the Riddler.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

It'd be nice to have a DC movie that isn't hot garbage.

And after the Batman with Bale and Ledger they should have stopped. That was peak Batman.

Even Nolan couldn’t match himself in the third part of his trilogy. TDK was one for the ages.