Limited tailgating vote tonight

BillsMafi$

24 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out with students going back to school at all levels (elementary school to college). I hope it can work out for all involved. On a much less important note I wonder if there will be a Halloween this year. I can't see parents wanting to have their kids going around town ringing doorbells and getting candy from strangers this year.

There will be a Halloween.  I just don’t know that the kids will be trick-or-treating. 

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

There will be a Halloween.  I just don’t know that the kids will be trick-or-treating. 

Trick-or-treating and Halloween parties are the big parts of Halloween. It will probably feel like a regular day this year.

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'll look for one.  I live in Atlanta and video of pop up makeshift concerts were all over the socials down here.

Yeah, I'm right downtown too but hadnt seen anything about that. Figured it would be bigger news, but nothing turning up in Google or Twitter...

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, I'm right downtown too but hadnt seen anything about that. Figured it would be bigger news, but nothing turning up in Google or Twitter...

Same, i'm in Buckhead.  Saw it on friends snapchats and ig stories.  I'm going to have to try to link from there when I get a chance.

For the record - I have zero issue with the protests, I even went to some - but they weren't exactly what people want to frame them as (COVID-speaking), especially when day turned to night and the actual protesters were replaced by agitators.

My biggest worry about Bills tailgating would be those purposely seeking out mask-less folks to make us look bad.... which also happened during the protests.  When politics are involved, you can bet people will find what they want to see, whether at a tailgate, protest or whatever.

That said, i'm here for it.  i'd even be down to fly up for it and/or a game if fans are allowed, provided Cuomo chills on the out-of-state quarantine stuff.

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I’m for it, and I’d go.  

Im a religious mask wearer, who believes in social distancing when possible, but we also need to get back to somewhat of a normal.  

Cases are going to happen regardless of what we do.  Until there’s a vaccine, we have to learn to live with this.  

Look at Florida, Texas, Georgia and South Carolina.. These states are as open as can be right now, and certainly have their fair share of cases, but with a death rate of around 43 per 100k, this is not what we thought it was when the NE was getting hit initially.  

I agree we need to learn to live with it

im not sure tailgating is part of that. Seems just as easy to point at it as a spot that is sacrificed. 

either way it’s an interesting discussion, but I’m no health expert. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

and I know it’s not popular but I’d also guess more cases than given credit for actually traced back to these events 

If hammer set up a huge screen, for instance, he would certainly be a draw still even for people not attending the game.

I always wonder why the media hasn't played up the cause of some of the spikes were indeed the protests.  I mean you got to be an idiot not to think the BLM protests didn't cause spikes but a guy going for a drink with 3 of his friends at bar would spread community outbreak.  It is actually become laughable what the media has become.  Same reason most of the media outlets are not reporting what is going on in Portland right now.  The footage of that couple getting dragged out of their vehicle & beaten to the brink of death has barely been covered because it doesn't fit the media's agenda.  The video was sickening.  Peaceful protests my ass.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Exactly. I think many parents will do the same. Halloween won't be normal this year for sure. It's a shame because the kids especially the younger ones enjoy that day.

Make it an Easter Egg hunt in and around outside the home........a Snickers in the bush, a Skittles under a pillow. Kids just want the candy, parents just want to have an IPA and get after it once the kids go to bed.

26 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I always wonder why the media hasn't played up the cause of some of the spikes were indeed the protests.  I mean you got to be an idiot not to think the BLM protests didn't cause spikes but a guy going for a drink with 3 of his friends at bar would spread community outbreak.  It is actually become laughable what the media has become.  Same reason most of the media outlets are not reporting what is going on in Portland right now.  The footage of that couple getting dragged out of their vehicle & beaten to the brink of death has barely been covered because it doesn't fit the media's agenda.  The video was sickening.  Peaceful protests my ass.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-events/did-events-like-protests-and-bar-reopenings-lead-to-spikes-in-covid-19-cases-idUSKBN249335

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/06/24/883017035/what-contact-tracing-may-tell-about-cluster-spread-of-the-coronavirus

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/01/research-determines-protests-did-not-cause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/#1808ddde23dc

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/black-lives-matter-protests-didnt-contribute-to-covid19-surge

It's actually pretty simple...

Protests: Outdoors, distancing, lots of masks

Bars: Indoors, closely gathered, no masks

• Like (+1) 2