Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You made it clear that it's actually you with the anti-social goals since you believe certain groups of people don't qualify as "family". How does denying their idea of a family make yours stronger?

He is perfectly correct! A tenet of BLM does not believe in the nuclear family.. 

Edited by dwight in philly

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You made it clear that it's actually you with the anti-social goals since you believe certain groups of people don't qualify as "family". How does denying their idea of a family make yours stronger?

Just look at all of the facts that Marcellus Wiley quotes in his response. The family is key to moving your life forward in general and should be praised and supported and not demeaned. Really tough to see the Bills supporting an organization that ultimately will make the black community worse instead of better. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, DE Bills Fan said:

Sorry. It’s fine to support helping the black community but NOT supporting an organization who has anti-social goals in their mission statement. Whatever pandering the Bills are trying to gain is going to be counter-balanced by the backlash of people who have researched the BLM platform and deplore it. Just look at this thread. 

Correct.  I'd be much more comfortable with the Bills supporting and celebrating traditional civil rights organizations like the NAACP.

1 minute ago, DE Bills Fan said:

Just look at all of the facts that Marcellus Wiley quotes in his response. The family is key to moving your life forward in general and should be praised and supported and not demeaned. Really tough to see the Bills supporting an organization that ultimately will make the black community worse instead of better. 

Then why would you promote anti-family stances?

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yes.

Guess you missed it   "

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a *****‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dwight in philly said:

Guess you missed it 

No, you just miscomprehended the statement. It's quite clear.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

What that part means, is that they believe you don't have to fit one definition of a family to be a family. They are much more family-friendly than those that only support one type.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, you just miscomprehended the statement. It's quite clear.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

What that part means, is that they believe you don't have to fit one definition of a family to be a family. They are much more family-friendly than those that only support one type.

For crissakes are you serious? in this country , the father is part of the nuclear family.. enough with your nonsense.. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

For crissakes are you serious? in this country , the father is part of the nuclear family.. enough with your nonsense.. 

Except when they aren't?

Are you saying a single mother cannot be a family?

Are you saying a child raised by their grandparents are not a family? I just want to be clear.

What about grandparents that live with the their children and grandchildren?

Are they not a family because they are multi-generational?

Edited by BullBuchanan

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Except when they aren't?

Are you saying a single mother cannot be a family? Are you saying a child raised by their grandparents are not a family? I just want to be clear.

Of course not , (btw your pic is a disgrace, flag upside down) they purposely leave out the father in the equation.. 

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Except when they aren't?

Are you saying a single mother cannot be a family? Are you saying a child raised by their grandparents are not a family? I just want to be clear. What about grandparents that live with the their children and grandchildren? Are they not a family because they are multi-generational?

This statement tells me you misunderstand what they are advocating. He is right; you are wrong here.  I'm not even advocating one or the other. I'm just saying you don't understand what you are reading. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's false.

They aren't quite as explicit as their partner organization M4BL (Movement for Black Lives) who calls for:

1) Abolishing all police and all prisons.

2) Progressive restructuring of tax codes at the local, state, and federal levels to ensure a radical redistribution of wealth.

3) Retroactive decriminalization, immediate release, and record expungement of all drug-related offenses and prostitution and reparations for the devastating impact of the 'war on drugs' and criminalization of prostitution.

And the leaders of the Black Lives Matter organization are Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometiln who are self-proclaimed Marxists. BLM has been around since 2013.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

All true.

I believe that black lives matter, but I do not support the Black Lives Matter organization.

This is the right viewpoint, in my opinion, but if you have a different opinion, I won’t smash you over the head with a bike lock. Instead, I will seek clarification on your position in order find common ground or perhaps agree to disagree. You know, act like a rational adult. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This statement tells me you misunderstand what they are advocating. He is right; you are wrong here.  I'm not even advocating one or the other. I'm just saying you don't understand what you are reading. 

Yep. Abolition of the nuclear family is part of the broader BLM and M4BL movement. This is well known.

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

This is the right viewpoint, in my opinion, but if you have a different opinion, I won’t smash you over the head with a bike lock. Instead, I will seek clarification on your position in order find common ground or perhaps agree to disagree. You know, act like a rational adult. 

Haha, I don't think that is in the cards these days.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think there's probably a huge difference between number 1 and number 15 or 20. Both have tons of economic freedom

Also look at the size differences of those countries. America is massive compared to Denmark and most of those top countries population wise

We have a lot more people to worry about economically. 

and historically first world second world and third world has nothing to do with economic status. It was a labeling system during the Cold war

First world countries were countries that supported the allies. Second world countries were communist Bloc, and third world countries were neutral.. 

The terms were not economic. All Western European nations are first world countries by grouping.

Whatever people have done with the term over the last 30 years I'm indifferent towards, But First world countries were specifically the allied Bloc during the Cold war. That was the original use

And America's GDP ls still #1

I interchanged post-industrialized and first world, the understanding of the term first world changed over the years. But I digress from the ad hominem. 

To the point, 42% of people in the US born in the bottom 20% of income earners stay in the same income brackets as adults. And even then, 65% stay in  bottom 40 % of earners. Other countries like Canada and Denmark have numbers as low as 25% of those born into the bottom 5th staying in the same income bracket as adults. 

To your point about GDP, that is precisely part of the problem. The US has a gigantic GDP and a huge income/wage gap, which makes it much more difficult (see unlikely) to climb the socioeconomic ladder. 

Just to summarize. America is not number one for opportunity when it comes to stratifying the socio economic ladder. They are near the bottom of post industrialized nations. And no, the gap between the best and the worst is not small.