YoloinOhio

Voluntary Opt outs

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Doesn’t anyone find it odd that not a single Center or QB opted out? Considering they touch the ball and each other on every play. That object also will be having many of the skill players, refs, dee players, and ball boys touching it. I know objects can carry the virus if it gets any mucus and breath on it so I was just wondering if they will be trying to sterilize the balls in some way by frequently swapping them in and out and UVing them or something.

I was really worried about Morse with his brother and all.

All of the concern about a flukey season due to player opt-outs was definitely overblown.  

That list reads like typical attrition during camps/preseason.  

Teams most affected by opt-outs, imo, were both in our division..  Jets have the best player to opt out in CJ Mosley and the Pats lose three starters in  Chung, Hightower and Cannon. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Doesn’t anyone find it odd that not a single Center or QB opted out? Considering they touch the ball and each other on every play. That object also will be having many of the skill players, refs, dee players, and ball boys touching it. I know objects can carry the virus if it gets any mucus and breath on it so I was just wondering if they will be trying to sterilize the balls in some way by frequently swapping them in and out and UVing them or something.

Russell Bodine, Center

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

All of the concern about a flukey season due to player opt-outs was definitely overblown.  

That list reads like typical attrition during camps/preseason.  

True, but normal injuries will still happen too. I think the Patriots are the only team that will really feel their losses, their opt outs have turned them into a bottom 5 roster.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

True, but normal injuries will still happen too. I think the Patriots are the only team that will really feel their losses, their opt outs have turned them into a bottom 5 roster.

A lot of that is that they didn't even try to keep their guys in free agency. 

Can we all just agree that this would be the perfect season for the bills to win the Super Bowl? You know that if they did nobody would take their championship seriously because of the opt-outs. It would be so billsy 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Can we all just agree that this would be the perfect season for the bills to win the Super Bowl? You know that if they did nobody would take their championship seriously because of the opt-outs. It would be so billsy 

I think we can all agree upon that. 

EVERY year!    :)

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Bite your tongue.  Shhhhhhhh.

9 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

You mean the fewer than 3% opt outs with no superstars in that mix?  This season will feel a bit odd because of COVID and no fans in the stands, not the opt outs, and as long as they keep any outbreaks from happening they are still playing pro football and a Super Bowl championship will be perfectly legitimate.

Nobody puts an asterisk next to Washington’s SB win over Miami and they only played a 9-game season.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, eball said:

You mean the fewer than 3% opt outs with no superstars in that mix?  This season will feel a bit odd because of COVID and no fans in the stands, not the opt outs, and as long as they keep any outbreaks from happening they are still playing pro football and a Super Bowl championship will be perfectly legitimate.

Nobody puts an asterisk next to Washington’s SB win over Miami and they only played a 9-game season.

Ha Ha - You just did. 😉 

14 hours ago, whatdrought said:

They were cap strapped.

15 hours ago, whatdrought said:

They didn't have much cap to work with this year.  They franchise tagged Joe Thuney which ate up most of what they had.  They also took a pretty good cap hit ($13.5 M and $4.5 M)  with Tommy Boy and Antonio Brown.  They received some cap space now that they had some guys opt out.

Edited by DCbillsfan

I’d put the Bills at about -10 right now in their opener against the Jets.  No Adams, no Moseley, and with the continuity the Bills are bringing to the table this one could be a rout.

29 minutes ago, eball said:

I’d put the Bills at about -10 right now in their opener against the Jets.  No Adams, no Moseley, and with the continuity the Bills are bringing to the table this one could be a rout.

I can't help but think that, at least the first few games (if not the whole season), will look more like the "pro bowl games".

Players mostly playing "not to get hurt".

Regardless of how much better we are than the Jets, the Bills will play just enough to win.

Edited by cd1