Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe

Mathieu moves the needle in KC. In today’s “hybrid” NFL (and NBA) versatility is king. It allows teams to give multiple looks without having to go to small or big. It used to be “you do this” or “you do that“ and teams could adjust based on who was out there. Adams can play in the box as a high end LB or in coverage as a high end safety. He’s not “in the box” or “ballhawk.” He’s both. Versatility is king in 2020. 

On a side note that’s one of the most underrated aspects of the Bills D. Hyde and Poyer are completely interchangeable. 

Adams is also a superstar. Were the Seahawks going to draft a superstar next year at pick 27? Wilson isn’t old but he may not play til 40.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe

Mathieu moves the needle in KC. In today’s “hybrid” NFL (and NBA) versatility is king. It allows teams to give multiple looks without having to go to small or big. It used to be “you do this” or “you do that“ and teams could adjust based on who was out there. Adams can play in the box as a high end LB or in coverage as a high end safety. He’s not “in the box” or “ballhawk.” He’s both. Versatility is king in 2020. 

On a side note that’s one of the most underrated aspects of the Bills D. Hyde and Poyer are completely interchangeable. 

Yes, when they are tackling well. ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Adams is also a superstar. Were the Seahawks going to draft a superstar next year at pick 27? Wilson isn’t old but he may not play til 40.

Based on the draft value chart if you combine all of the picks that Seattle gave up it is about the equivalent of the 8th overall pick (assuming they pick where they did this year). If you drafted Jamal Adams at 8 overall you’d pop champagne.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Based on the draft value chart if you combine all of the picks that Seattle gave up it is about the equivalent of the 8th overall pick (assuming they pick where they did this year). If you drafted Jamal Adams at 8 overall you’d pop champagne.

What about if you drafted him at 6?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The more I think about it, the more I see it as a good trade for both teams.

For the Jets, they get two 1sts and a replacement safety in exchange for a player that clearly wasn’t going to re-sign with them.

For the Seahawks, they give up essentially two late 1sts — one of which is in what will surely be a bizarre draft next year — for an elite defensive player whose leadership and work ethic will be huge for their young, rebuilt defense.

The Jets needed to get rid of a guy that had become a headache for them (by their own doing), the Hawks needed to strike now in their championship window and bolster a defensive unit that sees the Rams, Cards, and 49ers twice each season.

Win-win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

For the Jets, they get two 1sts and a replacement safety in exchange for a player that clearly wasn’t going to re-sign with them.

For the Seahawks, they give up essentially two late 1sts — one of which is in what will surely be a bizarre draft next year — for an elite defensive player whose leadership and work ethic will be huge for their young, rebuilt defense.

The Jets needed to get rid of a guy that had become a headache for them (by their own doing), the Hawks needed to strike now in their championship window and bolster a defensive unit that sees the Rams, Cards, and 49ers twice each season.

Win-win.

This is exactly my take. Good post.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Win-win.

Whose what?

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That’s a ridiculously weak argument. 

Like I’ve said... the Bills had a ridiculously easy schedule last season and beat no one.

Defense rests?

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Metcalf and Lockett combined for right around 2,000 yards and 17 TDs. I don’t think Seattle is even a little concerned about their weapons if that’s what you are implying. If not, I apologize for missing the point.

No, more that they pale in comparison to KC which was the team the post I responded to mentioned.

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Defense rests?

No, more that they pale in comparison to KC which was the team the post I responded to mentioned.

I don’t disagree there. The top of their depth chart is good. Their depth isn’t even okay. That changes drastically though if they add AB and he’s semi-coherent (which is unlikely).

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Just a few plays...

in the 3 games difference between Buffalo beating Dolphins, Bengals, Titans.

- Fitz threw a goal line INT

- Dalton threw a game ending INT on potential game winning drive

- Titans had 2 Touchdowns called back and 4 missed field goals.

7 plays difference between 10-6 and 7-9.  

Now do three-plays difference between 10-6 and 13-3.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Definitely harder to in Buffalos case.  Considering...

Hausch makes that kick in Cleveland it only goes to OT

same with Allen hitting the Touchdowns against the Ravens or Patriots only guarantee Overtime.

so that’s about 20-30 more plays needed to get buffalo to 13-3.  Scoring in those overtime’s and or stopping the opponent from also scoring.

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

same with Allen hitting the Touchdowns against the Ravens or Patriots only guarantee Overtime.

so that’s about 20-30 more plays needed to get buffalo to 13-3.  Scoring in those overtime’s and or stopping the opponent from also scoring.

That's why I figured. 

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Ravens TD on busted coverage

and lmfao we lost the Texans game on a fluke bad blindside block call

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

You realize you can do that to every single team in the league?

Thats like saying if Pat Mahomes wasn’t good the Chiefs wouldn’t have scored so many touchdowns.??

Go back and read what we were talking about. No need to apologize after either...maybe just think before typing.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:25 PM, ScottLaw said:

That’s a ridiculously weak argument. 

Like I’ve said... the Bills had a ridiculously easy schedule last season and beat no one.

We need to be scoring in the high 20's every week.  We do that we should be in the 12-4 range when the dust settles.  With the roster we have that is doable.  But the big ? is still our leader Josh Allen.  He has to make more plays every week.  Simple as that.  

• 1 month later...