Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

According to the Daily News the Bills are a 6 point favorite over the Jets. I know division/rivalry games are usually close but I think the Bills beat them by double digits. The Jets have a lot of new faces on the roster, a revamped OL. With no real practice time or preseason games I can't see how they can be ready by week one. The Bills are in year 4 of McDermott with the same OC/DC. The Bills at least know the systems and schemes they use and are comfortable playing that way. Take the Bills and give the points.

I’ll be pumped when we can finally discuss the lead up to Week One.   Going to be very interesting.   

We have a Top 10 talented roster and a lot of expectations with a Year 3 QB who is expected to make a jump or be labeled the next Trubisky.  

Jets Defense (with Adams) should be tough up the middle.  They always have a stout DL and with Mosley and Williamson back at LB and Maye/Adams at Safety, I like them at all 3 levels.  

On the outside, we should be able to hurt them.  Pierre Desir was a nice pickup, but Diggs should have a major upper hand in that battle.  They don’t really have anyone they should feel comfortable with in locking up Brown & Beasley.  

With the Jets Offense, I would be very disappointed if our Defense didn’t impose their will.  They improved their OL on paper, but it still isn’t anything more than a middle of the pack line who will all be playing together for the first time.  

That may make Bell more effective but our DL, with the subtractions and additions, should be much stronger against the run this year - their passing game with Mims, Perriman, Crowder and Herndon will lead to mass panic if they give Tre, Norman, T. Johnson, Hyde and Poyer issues, especially with what should be an improved pass rush. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Logic, couldn’t agree more with every point my fine young friend.  What concerns me not this year as the Pats will eventually go down in flames as Belicheat will retire, and Cam will no be good as he is not who he used to be in Carolina.  The Fish as much as I hate them is concerning as competition.  Not this year as it will take time for all of those picks and free agents to gel, But Tua if healthy is scary good.

We might be heading back to a day where the Jets and Pats are a joke, and it is an Allen/Tua battle vs. Kelly/Marino.  I thoroughly believe we have the better team, and I have complete confidence in McBeane, but Miami’s coach May be good.  Hell, they beat the Pats fairly at the end of the season when the Pats had to win to get a bye.  That coach might be sharp.  It would be nice getting back to hating the Fish with all of my heart with my “Squish the Fish” poster on my garage wall like it was for 20 years.  I don’t know if you guys remember that old poster, but it was dear to my heart.  I hate those bastages (Johnny Dangerously reference for the youngins), and no that was not a fargin treek question.  If you’re in your 20’s find it and watch.  Movie used to crack me up.

Those bastages are all farging iceholes!

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Guess I struck a nerve. 

I thought the Jets and Bills were close last season in terms of overall talent. I have the Jets the edge due to the skills position. I thought they were much better in that department.(They were going into the season)

I underestimated how awful a HC Gase is.... and Darnold got mono. 

Not sure about your point on ownership. The Pegulas are just as questionable as the Johnsons. 

They need to resign/extend Beane and McDermott and then stay out of the way. If they do then they will look like good owners in the NFL. The Sabres that's a different story.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Guess I struck a nerve. 

I thought the Jets and Bills were close last season in terms of overall talent. I gave the Jets the edge due to the skills position. I thought they were much better in that department.(They were going into the season)

I underestimated how awful a HC Gase is.... and Darnold got mono. 

Not sure about your point on ownership. The Pegulas are just as questionable as the Johnsons. 

No idea how anyone can say what you just said about Pegulas and Johnson’s, but I will agree with you on talent (to a degree).  

Offensive talent was very similar.. We upgraded our OL / They had the edge at RB.  TE was a wash.  Brown, Beasley, whoever is pretty similar to Anderson, Crowder and whoever.  

On defense, again, very similar, even to the point where we both had Top 10 DT’s.   That said, major difference (even pre-Mosley injury) is they don’t have a Tre White. 

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

My grandmotha said that to me once, ONCE!  Cracked me up you Icehole.  I knew us middle aged guys would know that one.  Thanks K9 for the laugh.

You shouldn't hang me on a hook, Johnny

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

My grandmotha said that to me once, ONCE!  Cracked me up you Icehole.  I knew us middle aged guys would know that one.  Thanks K9 for the laugh.

image.thumb.jpeg.a372015bb83f3560dabc590058d7078e.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ll be pumped when we can finally discuss the lead up to Week One.   Going to be very interesting.   

We have a Top 10 talented roster and a lot of expectations with a Year 3 QB who is expected to make a jump or be labeled the next Trubisky.  

Jets Defense (with Adams) should be tough up the middle.  They always have a stout DL and with Mosley and Williamson back at LB and Maye/Adams at Safety, I like them at all 3 levels.  

On the outside, we should be able to hurt them.  Pierre Desir was a nice pickup, but Diggs should have a major upper hand in that battle.  They don’t really have anyone they should feel comfortable with in locking up Brown & Beasley.  

With the Jets Offense, I would be very disappointed if our Defense didn’t impose their will.  They improved their OL on paper, but it still isn’t anything more than a middle of the pack line who will all be playing together for the first time.  

That may make Bell more effective but our DL, with the subtractions and additions, should be much stronger against the run this year - their passing game with Mims, Perriman, Crowder and Herndon will lead to mass panic if they give Tre, Norman, T. Johnson, Hyde and Poyer issues, especially with what should be an improved pass rush. 

Their CB situation is brutal. 

Their OL couldn’t be worse than it was last year, but this is the worst possible year to be trying to assimilate a whole new group on the line given no preseason and limited practice time. Same goes for Mims, who has minimal  experience with nfl route tree concepts and is going to be relied upon a lot as a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

His agent obviously has no control over his behavior, so no GM or owner would belief that.

Yes, we have already seen him do this several times this off season--including again earlier this week.. How many more times doe he do this?  They have already made up their mind what they are going to do with him.  They aren't sitting back and saying "ok one more time and we are trading him!"  

Breaking news, Gase: bad.  No one is disputing that either so for him it was a point not worth re-iterating, other than to make a scene.  

And yet we allow YOU to make the same point over and over...

Its like cow bell, but instead of more cowbell, we need more Gase. Ah, the smell of tires burning in the morning, it smells like victory... that team is so F uh ked, I love it, what a massive sheite show,?? 

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who's "we', Kemo Sabe?

And where's my $22.2 million contract for posting here?

Oh, so if you make millions you aren't supposed to voice your opinion. I usually find the opposite to be true, actually. If you make millions you are just as likely to voice your opinion, if not more.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Oh, so if you make millions you aren't supposed to voice your opinion. I usually find the opposite to be true, actually. If you make millions you are just as likely to voice your opinion, if not more.

Gosh, how many vocal millionaires DO you work with!??

How many posters here, if their employer had  given  them 22.2 million over the next 5 years, would then go on social media and repeatedly bad mouth the owner of the company and the top manager of the company?

The answer of course, is "none".  No poster here has the luxury of multiple companies who would line up for his or her services for that kind of money (or even more) if he made it so difficult for his/her current employer that they got rid of him/her.