Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

3 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

One of those was mostly against the Bills 4th quarter preseason team

Did the Bills not secure aa playoff birth both in 2017 and 2019 by beating a teams 4th String QB?

2017 vs Dolphins, Week 17, David Fales

2019 vs Steelers, Week 15, Duck Hodges

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

21 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Get your point... but I somewhat disagree. 
Teams need leaders. A poor coach/leader doesn’t usually work with a team of all stars and personalities.... and sure as heck won’t work with a team of mostly average Joe’s. 

You need to be able to be a good leader in order to install a culture of winning (which the Bills didn’t have before McD), and to be able to coach players UP to their potential.  

To me, the bigger issue is the respect factor. The players clearly don’t respect Gase... and they likely won’t play hard for him. Bellichick may not be ‘liked,’ but he sure is respected. And his players play for him and the other coaches. There is a culture. Appears Gase never built a positive culture, and it’s showing.

The locker room should be a great place to find them.  

Grown men in there.  No leaders.  

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Despite that deceiving finish, Gase is a dud. 

I actually agree with eball(although firing him now would make little sense). I would’ve fired him back in January. 

They got beat pretty bad against the 0 for Bengals and demolished by the Ravens over that 8 game stretch while beating no one significant. 

And yes, the same argument can be made for the Bills(which I’ve repeatedly said. Their most impressive win was against the .500 Cowboys on Thanksgiving). Fans love to tout the Steelers game as an impressive win. It wasn’t. At all. Again, Duck Hodges shouldn’t be in the league let alone starting and McDermott did his best to give the Steelers every opportunity to come back and tie/win thAt game. 

Interesting...

Bills/Jets - Split 

Jets lost to

Patriots (x2), Browns, Eagles, Ravens

Bills lost to

Patriots (x2), Browns, Eagles, Ravens

Jets beat

Giants, Dolphins, Dallas, Washington, Steelers, AFC WEST OPPONENT

Bills beat

Giants, Dolphins, Dallas, Washington, Steelers, AFC WEST OPPONENT

Buffalo was able to separate over beating Dolphins, Bengals, AFC SOUTH OPPONENT.

Jets lost to Dolphins, Bengals, AFC SOUTH OPPONENT.

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I am no fan of GASE...but the Jets...

Finished the season with a 6-2 record.

and were 0-4 with a sick/out Darnold.

I can’t imagine many other fan bases turning on their own teams head coach who finished 6-2 in his first season.  Especially if it were here in Buffalo.

Only AFCE team with a winning record second half of the season..

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Only AFCE team with a winning record second half of the season..

sometimes it really is about when you play and how the schedule shakes out, right?

If you keep the W/L results the same and simply give the Bills the Jets Opening 6 (Those first 6 because they both played common opponents)

Bills go from starting the season at 5-1 to starting the season at 2-4.

What does it all mean in the long run probably not much I still think the bills are a better football team With more talent and better coaching but I think it always goes back to the point of a player saying that their coach doesn’t have the right leader ship when in fact these teams are just so razor thin close about having the same results if not for a half a dozen plays or bounces go the other way.

if the Titans kicker can kick does Coach McDermott suddenly not have a good leader ship?  And how much of a good leader ship does it play in to the fact that the Titans kicker can’t kick.  Stuff like that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Did the Bills not secure aa playoff birth both in 2017 and 2019 by beating a teams 4th String QB?

2017 vs Dolphins, Week 17, David Fales

2019 vs Steelers, Week 15, Duck Hodges

Yeah and the Jets secured 7-9

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I got it.  They Were not a good team with a coach coach I don’t particularly care for.

but

they started off 1-7 and finished 6-2.

not really seeing the proof for the need to fire a head coach based on that turn around.

Coaches get fired all the time. If he's already on the hot seat and the motivation for keeping him is he managed to finish a 7-9 season going 6-2...good luck selling that.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Coaches get fired all the time. If he's already on the hot seat and the motivation for keeping him is he managed to finish a 7-9 season going 6-2...good luck selling that.

I know for a fact stuff like that is easily sellable.  I have been a Bills fan for 30 plus years.  Lol!  I know and I have seen first hand just how little it takes to sell a Desperate fan base.

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I know for a fact stuff like that is easily sellable.  I have been a Bills fan for 30 plus years.  Lol!  I know and I have seen first hand just how little it takes to sell a Desperate fan base.

Like I said, good luck when your best player isn't buying it.

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

You do have to question his motives for saying it coming off a second half season of going 6-2.

Adams is either ignorant or calculated in his mind set.

Or maybe finishing 6-2 on a 7-9 season isn't really that important. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

It was his first year as Jets HC.  If 1-7 put him on the hot suit, finishing 6-2 gets him fired?  Interesting argument.

If a safety is the team's "best player", there are problems outside of the HC.  But he's certainly not the most valuable player on the team.  Without him, they are still 7-9.

My guess is that the reason he is still a Jet is because no other team has offered the value in trade given what he cost them and what they feel he's worth.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was his first year as Jets HC.  If 1-7 put him on the hot suit, finishing 6-2 gets him fired?  Interesting argument.

If a safety is the team's "best player", there are problems outside of the HC.  But he's certainly not the most valuable player on the team.  Without him, they are still 7-9.

My guess is that the reason he is still a Jet is because no other team has offered the value in trade given what he cost them and what they feel he's worth.

They lose to the Giants w/out his sack strip TD so without him they are likely 6-10 at best.

The scope of my argument is more seated in the totality of Gase's resume sans Manning (plus the recent play of his former offensive players) than in his relationship with Adams or his tenure with the Jets.

Well, bottom line is the Jets is an easy two wins as long as they have this shirt show.  The Gase/Adams saga is actually comical.  Adams has zero leverage no matter what he says.  Ngokue tried the same crap and he’s still there.  The player can whine all he wants,  but as long as they have his rights for next couple of years, there is nothing he can do about it.  He can throw everyone and their grandmother under the bus and they still can either have him play, or he not only loses game checks, but gets exorbitant fines.  With the new CBA, the team couldn’t forego it if they wanted to do so.  The other part is his stock keeps going down with every salacious comment.  Sure some team may want him, but knowing they have to give up a crazy amount of picks for safety, even if the best in the league, and then pay him $16 mil./yr. as he is full of crap he will play on the existing tender.  Every head coach is saying how long before I have to deal with his crap.

If he was smart, he’d shut up, wait two years as it’s not bad $ on the fifth year option, and then gripe when they want to tag him.  The virus we hope is over and the league is recuperating from their losses.  Then teams will have $, and can give him top safety $.  It’s not like he’ll stink after 5 years.  His agent should be telling him to shut up.

Anyway, this is good for us so who cares.  The Jets are always going to be a perpetual mess until Douglas hires a good coach, takes the lumps the Pegulas did to get a solid staff and purge crappy contracts.  Build from the ground up.  I said in another thread, I honestly am concerned the Fins will do this and we’ll be in our next dogfight with them.  Belicheat will retire in a couple of years.  He’s proved everything to everyone, so after 70, he’ll file his papers, and Kraft will have to actually do something, vs. playing with young Asian trafficked women.

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They lose to the Giants w/out his sack strip TD so without him they are likely 6-10 at best.

The scope of my argument is more seated in the totality of Gase's resume sans Manning (plus the recent play of his former offensive players) than in his relationship with Adams or his tenure with the Jets.

Strip sack was nice, no doubt.  But after the, that Jets D quickly gave up 2 TDs and the Jets O managed a come from behind win in the 4th Q.

The Jets hired him with no Mannings on their roster.  So turning 1-7 into 6-2 as a grounds for firing makes no sense at all.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Strip sack was nice, no doubt.  But after the, that Jets D quickly gave up 2 TDs and the Jets O managed a come from behind win in the 4th Q.

The Jets hired him with no Mannings on their roster.  So turning 1-7 into 6-2 as a grounds for firing makes no sense at all.  

I don't think he's horrible (Gase). I don't think he's anything special either. So grinding out a 7-9 season doesn't move the needle for me either way. 

If I were a Jets fan I'd be more concerned about Vrabel and Arthur Smith unlocking Tannehill.