Why ESPN?

NobesBLO13

Opening day, we finally have a major sport playing...ESPN gives us A ROD on commentary. Thanks ESPN I’ve been meaning to make sure my mute button still works. I haven’t watched ESPN in a while but of course you’re still the world wide leader in ruining everything. And I’m a Yankees fan.

Edited by NobesBLO13

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That Fauci opening pitch made me spit out my drink 

That was an all-timer for sure.

As for the OP, I don't like A Rod either but have to admit he's a very solid analyst.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Opening day, we finally have a major sport playing...ESPN gives us A ROD on commentary. Thanks ESPN I’ve been meaning to make sure my mute button still works. I haven’t watched ESPN in a while but of course you’re still the world wide leader in ruining everything. And I’m a Yankees fan.

I am not a Yankees fan, but I don't mind watching them.  I was actually excited to see the game last night.  Why it wasn't on YES is beyond me.  I can't look at, or listen to, Alex Rodriguez.  The guy turns my stomach.  I had to turn the TV down because his voice literally wants to make me throw up.

Thank God the Mets' season starts today.  #LFGM

• Like (+1) 2

As someone who has thrown out a first pitch (at a Single A game with about 700 people in the stands) I can tell you that it is nerve-wracking. I asked to do a couple of warm-up throws off to the side and decided not to try and throw with any heat, but just to get it to the catcher without embarrassing myself. Oh, and I was wearing a tuxedo as I was emceeing at a Gala just after the game.

You can watch my effort here:

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

As someone who has thrown out a first pitch (at a Single A game with about 700 people in the stands) I can tell you that it is nerve-wracking. I asked to do a couple of warm-up throws off to the side and decided not to try and throw with any heat, but just to get it to the catcher without embarrassing myself. Oh, and I was wearing a tuxedo as I was emceeing at a Gala just after the game.

You can watch my effort here:

Vlad Guerreo Sr. would have swung at that. Well done.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That Fauci opening pitch made me spit out my drink 

He wanted to make sure no one could catch anything ?

But seriously, that is way harder than it looks. Must be, with all the people who screw it up so badly.

• Haha (+1) 2