Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree with your larger point, but in terms of our country’s legacy, it’s a “whites only” thing. As a white man, I just can’t get on board with any kind of equivalency in that regard. 

I don't like when white people speak for other white people who have no legacy of 20 generations in the US. Keep your guilt to yourself, not every white citizen is descended from slave owners.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pretzel?  You are seconding the fallacy that cops can't make a stop on a 9-1-1 call. which is bonkers.

No, not seconding it:  I'm calling out the ridiculously stupid initial 911 call.  If everyone called the cops on everyone who sped and swerved...

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Chill Ed. You handled it well and won.
Now go have a great season.

He should be vocal about it. A bad arrest is a bad arrest and he has the voice to make it known. I'd be pissed too because he still had to pay a lawyer to get him off of these bogus charges. 

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree with your larger point, but in terms of our country’s legacy, it’s a “whites only” thing. As a white man, I just can’t get on board with any kind of equivalency in that regard. 

There has been an active slave trade in the middle East and Africa for 3000 years

Still ongoing today

America has parts of a dark history, but it is still by far the greatest country on the face of this Earth, with the most freedom

Even if you go back to our slavery days, only 10% of the pretty rich in America owned slaves. It was not a majority of people

100000 Southerners fought with the Union to free the slaves. Hundreds of thousands of Union troops died to free the slaves

There were a lot of good people who knew it is wrong

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think I'm ignorant to some of the bad people in this country.

I just know there are a lot more good than bad

And yes I have no reason to lie about my character on this forum. Everything I said about loving and treating everybody the same is how I've lived my whole life

716 - seriously, maybe you're all you say you are.   Just hear this:

If you think racism in this country is about a tiny, tiny, tiny minority, you don't understand what racism is about.  Hear that, and let that sink in.  Maybe you are 100% not part of the problem, but until this country recognizes racism is about most of the white people living here, we're going nowhere.  The problem is everywhere. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, eball said:

I don’t believe an anonymous 911 call qualifies as probable cause for a traffic stop. If you can show me it does, please provide that reference. 

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Come on.  Don't you call 911 to report every person who speeds and swerves? 

So you agree or disagree with eball's belief that a 9-1-1 call is probable cause for a stop?

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don't like when white people speak for other white people who have no legacy of 20 generations in the US. Keep your guilt to yourself, not every white citizen is descended from slave owners.

Pure horse crap. Way to miss the point. 

It’s interesting that people who think white people hold certain views must be experiencing “white guilt.” LMFAO! There is no such thing. But there is a such thing as white defensiveness. And you need to get over that. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So you agree or disagree with eball's belief that a 9-1-1 call is probable cause for a stop?

For speeding and swerving?  No.  I see that dozens of times on the road to work everyday.

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Are you saying Oliver paid to have the blood tests,  ordered by the District Attorney, come back negative? Wonder how he swung that. 

No, he is merely saying, that we all hope Ed learned that ones behavior can bite one in the azs, there is no tin foil hat involved here. Jeez, lightin up. 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Pure horse crap. Way to miss the point. 

It’s interesting that people who think white people hold certain views must be experiencing “white guilt.” LMFAO! There is no such thing. But there is a such thing as white defensiveness. And you need to get over that. 

It's not pure horse crap.

I have no association with our country's "white legacy." My parents weren't born here, neither was I.

Maybe you were. Maybe you should feel bad if you are K-9 E. Lee the 29th.

I'm not going to feel guilty for things neither me nor my ancestors took part in. And I'm not going to stand for another person who think he speaks for me just because he shares my melanin ratio.

That's the real horsecrap.

Edited by FireChans

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There has been an active slave trade in the middle East and Africa for 3000 years

Still ongoing today

America has parts of a dark history, but it is still by far the greatest country on the face of this Earth, with the most freedom

Even if you go back to our slavery days, only 10% of the pretty rich in America owned slaves. It was not a majority of people

100000 Southerners fought with the Union to free the slaves. Hundreds of thousands of Union troops died to free the slaves

There were a lot of good people who knew it is wrong

It’s not just about the slavery issue. As a nation, we have to reconcile government sanctioned genocide, Jim Crow and the remnants of its systemic racism, voter suppression, etc. Slavery is just one issue. 

15 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Blood tests can take hours to administer. It buys time for a perp to possibly get off the hook.

How and who did Ed Oliver pay in the DA’s office to have those tests come back negative. 

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It's not pure horse crap.

I have no association with our country's "white legacy." My parents weren't born here, neither was I.

Maybe you were. Maybe you should feel bad if you are K-9 E. Lee the 29th.

I'm not going to feel guilty for things neither me nor my ancestors took part in. And I'm not going to stand for another person who think he speaks for me just because he shares my melanin ratio.

That's the real horsecrap.

Are you under the delusion that I’m speaking for you? Your horse crap bucket is deep. You need to get over your defensiveness. 

And to clue you in, it isn’t just white people that have to reconcile our nations’s past. It’s all of us. As a nation. That is, if we are REALLY serious about seeing the promise of America lived up to. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

For speeding and swerving?  No.  I see that dozens of times on the road to work everyday.

I didn't ask you if you call 9-1-1, doc.  Nice try.

Just answer the very simple question.  Can cops make a stop based on a 9-1-1 call?

Edited by Mr. WEO

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, not seconding it:  I'm calling out the ridiculously stupid initial 911 call.  If everyone called the cops on everyone who sped and swerved...

Well, if you feel there is a person driving so erratically, they could cause a serious accident or injury why would you NOT call it in?

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

not so sure on who in the original thread talked about the cops in the area, but there was you, @Augie @Mango and myself saying "hey, lets wait for the tests to come back" . Argued in that thread he did not appear intoxicated in that video, was pretty well eviscerated by most folks LOL...

Let us hope that NEXT time something like this happens (and sadly there WILL be a next time), we can avoid rushing to judgement without all the facts. I mean, next time the guy may in fact be guilty, but either way.........let’s wait for the facts to come out and let the the process to run it’s course. After all, we are all about “the process”, remember? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Blood tests can take hours to administer. It buys time for a perp to possibly get off the hook.

Again if this were a thing, no player would get nailed for DUI.