Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

Just now, eball said:

Stop being an ass; you know exactly what my point is. The post I quoted said the deputy WITNESSED erratic lane changes and trailed Ed at excessive speed, both of which are absolutely sufficient to bring charges. 

Tickets maybe.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Obviously minority

I thought so, and that is exactly the point.  A majority of white people in the country have a problem with race.  Only a small minority is outwardly racist. 

Look, all I can tell you is that I've discovered, as have many other white people discovered lately, that the way you're thinking about this is the way I thought about it until a few weeks ago.  Then the light went on.  So I understand what you think you know, and I understand why you vehemently disagree when I tell you that you're missing the point.  All I'm telling you is that the reality that is so obvious to you, the reality you're so sure you're right about, actually isn't the reality at all.  I believed in your reality until a few weeks ago.  

Let me give you an example.  I don't know where you live.  I live in New England.  Cape Cod is a famous, very popular vacation area.  It's an hour or so from Boston.  Lots of beaches, bars, restaurants, hotels.  Jam packed with people every summer, including this summer.  There are practically no black vacationers on Cape Cod.  There are black people cleaning hotel rooms, cutting lawns, and washing dishes, but there are pretty much no black vacationers.  Why not?  There are no laws keeping blacks out.  It's not cheap to go there, but there are plenty of well-paid black people in New England who could comfortably afford a nice Cape Cod vacation.  There's no KKK. 

Most of the white people who are on the Cape say what you say - that it's a tiny, tiny, tiny minority of the people who cause the problem.  Well, if that's true, and there essentially none of those people in New England, why are there no blacks on Cape Cod?   The answer is that they don't feel welcome.  Why don't they feel welcome?  Because the white people on Cape Cod don't make them feel welcome, that's why.  

Now multiply that across the country.   There are millions and millions of people who combine, most of them completely unwittingly, to make blacks feel unwelcome.  We all do it.  We don't do it to Italians, we do it less to Asians than to blacks.  We just do it.  

It's a problem pretty much all of us have, including me.   I've gone to Cape Cod for years, and it was only this summer that I noticed for the first time that there are no black people there.  It's like there is an invisible "No Blacks" sign before you cross the bridge.  

• Like (+1) 4

Hey Ed....I was listening for the other shoe to fall, it never fell,.

Thank you for being an outstanding young man. This incident brings you a .ot of credibility and boasts BLM position as well. 

Now go beat the sh!! out of a qb.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, eball said:

So you think it’s ok for cops to pull someone over when THE COPS HAVEN'T WITNESSED ANYTHING, just on the basis of a phone call about alleged speeding? When does that EVER happen to a white person?

Let's refocus you on your original point above (bolded).

The answer is, obviously, "of course", because that's how it works all the time.  So why are you asking as if you didn't know this?

5 minutes ago, eball said:

“I think you know” that traffic tickets are criminal charges. 

lol, ok.  Got me there!  But actually most are civil charges.

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it's "zero point zero"!

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The answer is, obviously, "of course", because that's how it works all the time.  So why are you asking as if you didn't know this?

lol, ok.  Got me there!

it's "zero point zero"!

The answer isn't just "yes." The answer is "obviously, yes."  

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I thought so, and that is exactly the point.  A majority of white people in the country have a problem with race.  Only a small minority is outwardly racist. 

Look, all I can tell you is that I've discovered, as have many other white people discovered lately, that the way you're thinking about this is the way I thought about it until a few weeks ago.  Then the light went on.  So I understand what you think you know, and I understand why you vehemently disagree when I tell you that you're missing the point.  All I'm telling you is that the reality that is so obvious to you, the reality you're so sure you're right about, actually isn't the reality at all.  I believed in your reality until a few weeks ago.  

Let me give you an example.  I don't know where you live.  I live in New England.  Cape Cod is a famous, very popular vacation area.  It's an hour or so from Boston.  Lots of beaches, bars, restaurants, hotels.  Jam packed with people every summer, including this summer.  There are practically no black vacationers on Cape Cod.  There are black people cleaning hotel rooms, cutting lawns, and washing dishes, but there are pretty much no black vacationers.  Why not?  There are no laws keeping blacks out.  It's not cheap to go there, but there are plenty of well-paid black people in New England who could comfortably afford a nice Cape Cod vacation.  There's no KKK. 

Most of the white people who are on the Cape say what you say - that it's a tiny, tiny, tiny minority of the people who cause the problem.  Well, if that's true, and there essentially none of those people in New England, why are there no blacks on Cape Cod?   The answer is that they don't feel welcome.  Why don't they feel welcome?  Because the white people on Cape Cod don't make them feel welcome, that's why.  

Now multiply that across the country.   There are millions and millions of people who combine, most of them completely unwittingly, to make blacks feel unwelcome.  We all do it.  We don't do it to Italians, we do it less to Asians than to blacks.  We just do it.  

It's a problem pretty much all of us have, including me.   I've gone to Cape Cod for years, and it was only this summer that I noticed for the first time that there are no black people there.  It's like there is an invisible "No Blacks" sign before you cross the bridge.  

Well maybe cape cod is just a racist area. That could be true

And I have never made any ethnicity feel unwelcome. Not even subconsciously.. my nickname was smiles growing up.  I literally greet everybody with a big smile and a how is your day going and I've never had a problem with anybody

I treat people how I want to be treated since I was a child

I was raised a god-fearing man

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, eball said:

You’re not trying to mislead or distract, you’re doing what the “majority” have done for too long — you want everyone to look the other way and say “mistakes happen — most people are good.”

That’s no longer good enough. 

That’s why I think we are turning the corner a bit. We are starting to realize it’s not good enough to simply be “not racist.” We all need to be ANTI racist; no quarter given. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, eball said:

If this were true, Ed would have been charged (at a minimum) with speeding, and probably reckless driving. 

Which means it’s not true. 

No it doesn't.  Police officers do things like verbal and written warnings.  I myself was in my early 20's and totally busted for coasting through a stop sign at 3 AM and the cop let me off.  It's always a possibility that they were so focused on this formidable looking man with a possible DWI, empty beer can, and resulting illegal weapons charge they never bothered to cite him for speeding and reckless driving charges.  But I don't know what the truth is and since we weren't there at the scene, respectfully, neither do you. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ok, once and for all — clearly the cops did not witness Ed speeding, driving erratically, or changing lanes improperly, because if they did Ed would have been charged (ticketed) with speeding or reckless driving. 

Cops may not charge (ticket) a driver based upon hearsay. 

We clear?