Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

14 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I'm on the same page as Shaw66, but for me old-school racism, as I think you're referring to, is a big minority.  New-school racism, which for me includes also prejudice and discrimination is very much alive and well.  While I used to think those weren't as big a deal, it's clear from reading honest feedback post George Floyd that those small indignities add up to a big problem for most African Americans and other minorities.

So, as a white majority-type person, I can either stick to my ideas or listen to the people most affected and  do better.  It's time to stop passing it off.

I've met more racist Asians and Indians than white people in my life and I'm being honest

I think it's how you're raised, and the environment which you're raised in

Racism needs to end, but to say that it's a white only thing is Ludicrous because it happens all over the world

My grandfather fled Nazi Germany, I understand hatred

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

hell no...do not chill..scream to the mountaintops this was wrong!!!!!

He did not "handle this well."..he was freaking railroaded from the start. Have you missed the last two months under a rock somewhere?

Uh no, I'm not the Geico guy living under the rock. I said the same thing when Antonio Callaway. got pulled over, No need to escalate the situation.
I've been pulled over a couple times on HWY 101 as  it is a money making operation for the police. Met a couple officers I did not like as well. I could tell you stories about Officer Mueller (his real name!).
I was trying to keep this apolitical and don't think Ed needs to come to Portland and start protesting after midnight. I wish him well.

PS Now if the 5''8" cops last name is Edelman that is another thing.

You know it's the offseason when Bills fans spend seven pages bickering with each other about traffic violations in the face of some of the best news this team has had in a while.

I'm begging you, NFL. Do NOT delay or cancel the season. I'll wear a mask while I watch the game at home if you want, but please...let's get some football so Bills fans can spend seven pages bickering with each other about important stuff...like why Josh Allen hasn't had a 300-yard game yet...or why the Bills don't deserve their current place in the latest power rankings.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe?  lol

How is this hard for you?  Someone reports someone speeding in a safety zone and swerving in the lane....and you expect the 9-1-1 dispatcher to say  "well, what do you want us to do about it?" 

They find the vehicle fitting the description, pull it over, "license and registration, do you know why I pulled you over?, have you been drinking today?" Same routine every day everywhere.

In what part of this country does it not work like this?

I can't tell if you're serious or not with this.

I don’t believe an anonymous 911 call qualifies as probable cause for a traffic stop. If you can show me it does, please provide that reference. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've met more racist Asians and Indians than white people in my life and I'm being honest

LOL, I too know it's not just whites.  And let's not get started about how wrong white males are.  But sometimes it's best to shut up and lead by example. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

gets a little dicey at 00:20

For all the armchair DUI officers?  As well as the real ones?  Yup.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I don’t believe an anonymous 911 call qualifies as probable cause for a traffic stop. If you can show me it does, please provide that reference. 

Come on.  Don't you call 911 to report every person who speeds and swerves? 

1 minute ago, eball said:

Do you really believe that a 9-1-1 call reporting  a possible crime is not grounds for police investigation??  That's pretty wild!

Anyway, it's not only overwhelmingly obvious, it's settled law. 

USSC: Navarette vs California:It stated that the “totality of the circumstances” provided reasonable suspicion to the officer to make the traffic stop.  The opinion described the caller as being reliable because it was an eye witness account.  There was also a short time between the reported incident and the 911 call, suggesting the caller “had little time to fabricate the report.” 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, eball said:

Sometimes the smart thing to do is just shut up and listen. This isn’t about you, and you know what else? Racists cloak themself in Christ all the time. 

It's hard to have a "conversation" when only one side is talking. People need to say what's on their minds so that everyone can understand each other better.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"The charges against Ed Oliver....

image.thumb.png.9e503d84fc5ce1fbe515d37695293732.png

Who was it that posted here about police in that area having a past pattern of stopping people for nothing?

Might just be that person should step up and take a bow.

You are welcome 

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

...Bet that it still  cost Oliver a chunk of change to make this go away.

The 'don't be stupid' lesson that comes out of this, should be valuable to Oliver, going forward.

Doubtful at best.  Otherwise no player would ever get charged with DUI.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Racism needs to end, but to say that it's a white only thing is Ludicrous because it happens all over the world

My grandfather fled Nazi Germany, I understand hatred

I agree with your larger point, but in terms of our country’s legacy, it’s a “whites only” thing. As a white man, I just can’t get on board with any kind of equivalency in that regard. 

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

...Bet that it still  cost Oliver a chunk of change to make this go away.

The 'don't be stupid' lesson that comes out of this, should be valuable to Oliver, going forward.

Are you saying Oliver paid to have the blood tests,  ordered by the District Attorney, come back negative? Wonder how he swung that.