Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I was raised a god-fearing man

Sometimes the smart thing to do is just shut up and listen. This isn’t about you, and you know what else? Racists cloak themself in Christ all the time. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well maybe cape cod is just a racist area. That could be true

And I have never made any ethnicity feel unwelcome. Not even subconsciously.. my nickname was smiles growing up.  I literally greet everybody with a big smile and a how is your day going and I've never had a problem with anybody

I treat people how I want to be treated since I was a child

Sounds good.  I hope you're the one in a million. 

But when black people get together and talk about white people, you know what makes them laugh?  They think it's funny when a white person tells them "I don't see color."  You know why they laugh?  They laugh because "I don't see color" makes the white guy feel good about himself, and the black folks know that is almost never true.  

As I said, I hope you're the one in a million.   But if you think the problem is a tiny, tiny minority of people, you need to open your eyes.  None of the people on Cape Cod, or very, very few, are in that tiny minority.  The overwhelming majority are well-meaning people who say things like "I don't see color."   And you know what?  They don't see color because there are no black people there.  How convenient. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Ok, once and for all — clearly the cops did not witness Ed speeding, driving erratically, or changing lanes improperly, because if they did Ed would have been charged (ticketed) with speeding or reckless driving. 

Cops may not charge (ticket) a driver based upon hearsay

We clear?

Yeah, that's clear.  But you are claiming they can't pull him over based on a 9-1-1 complaint/report.  Clearly they can.

Edited by Mr. WEO

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s why I think we are turning the corner a bit. We are starting to realize it’s not good enough to simply be “not racist.” We all need to be ANTI racist; no quarter given. 

A message that more people are starting to hear and take seriously.  Thankfully. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

But when black people get together and talk about white people, you know what makes them laugh?  They think it's funny when a white person tells them "I don't see color."  You know why they laugh?  They laugh because "I don't see color" makes the white guy feel good about himself, and the black folks know that is almost never true.  

As I said, I hope you're the one in a million.   But if you think the problem is a tiny, tiny minority of people, you need to open your eyes.  None of the people on Cape Cod, or very, very few, are in that tiny minority.  The overwhelming majority are well-meaning people who say things like "I don't see color."   And you know what?  They don't see color because there are no black people there.  How convenient. 

People saying I don't see color is a convenient way of making yourself sound good definitely

I think people of every ethnicity can see right through the phony ones who are just saying it to look good

Actions speak louder than words. And I doubt any black person's laughing at me, because I've had tons of actions that show I love my black Brothers and Asian brothers etc

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, that's clear.  But you are claiming they can't pull him over based on a 9-1-1 complaint/report.  Clearly they can.

So maybe they can, but to do what? Tell him they heard that someone said he was driving poorly? In what world does that make any sense or is a good use of an officer’s time?

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Sometimes the smart thing to do is just shut up and listen. This isn’t about you, and you know what else? Racists cloak themself in Christ all the time. 

And you know who else does? actual loving people

Actions speak louder than words, and I've had tons of actions through my life that show how I'm about people coming together

Everybody who knows me would validate. Saying shut up and listen never gets your point across because irrrational people just double down

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well maybe cape cod is just a racist area. That could be true

And I have never made any ethnicity feel unwelcome. Not even subconsciously.. my nickname was smiles growing up.  I literally greet everybody with a big smile and a how is your day going and I've never had a problem with anybody

I treat people how I want to be treated since I was a child

I'm on the same page as Shaw66, but for me old-school racism, as I think you're referring to, is a big minority.  New-school racism, which for me includes also prejudice and discrimination is very much alive and well.  While I used to think those weren't as big a deal, it's clear from reading honest feedback post George Floyd that those small indignities add up to a big problem for most African Americans and other minorities.

So, as a white majority-type person, I can either stick to my ideas or listen to the people most affected and  do better.  It's time to stop passing it off.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I mean it's seriously just a thing that's there you might not notice it but it's there. One time when I was a kid my family went to Illinois for a job interview my dad was having. We stopped at a McDonalds in St. Louis on the way there or back I don't remember which. But I noticed something that was surreal to me and that was that everyone else there was black. I got told/shushed when I tried to bring it up in the restaurant because my mom thought it'd come off wrong, only explaining later in the car that the population there was more heavily black. Only ever living in Kansas and Northwest Missouri it just wasn't something I'd ever been exposed to.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

And you know who else does? actual loving people

Actions speak louder than words, and I've had tons of actions through my life that show how I'm about people coming together

Everybody who knows me would validate. Saying shut up and listen never get your point across

I’ll go Shaw’s route and say I hope you’re the one in a million who is just naive to the reality of the situation and treat everyone wonderfully. If so, good for you. Sometimes ignorance is truly bliss. 

23 minutes ago, Bss said:

Players arrested for a DUI

True.  But Ed wasn't DUI of anything.

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Stop being an ass; you know exactly what my point is. The post I quoted said the deputy WITNESSED erratic lane changes and trailed Ed at excessive speed, both of which are absolutely sufficient to bring charges. 

Yup.  Why not include them?  Was there even an open container?

6 minutes ago, eball said:

So maybe they can, but to do what? Tell him they heard that someone said he was driving poorly? In what world does that make any sense or is a good use of an officer’s time?

Maybe?  lol

How is this hard for you?  Someone reports someone speeding in a safety zone and swerving in the lane....and you expect the 9-1-1 dispatcher to say  "well, what do you want us to do about it?" 

They find the vehicle fitting the description, pull it over, "license and registration, do you know why I pulled you over?, have you been drinking today?" Same routine every day everywhere.

In what part of this country does it not work like this?

I can't tell if you're serious or not with this.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, eball said:

I’ll go Shaw’s route and say I hope you’re the one in a million who is just naive to the reality of the situation and treat everyone wonderfully. If so, good for you. Sometimes ignorance is truly bliss. 

I don't think I'm ignorant to some of the bad people in this country.

I just know there are a lot more good than bad

And yes I have no reason to lie about my character on this forum. Everything I said about loving and treating everybody the same is how I've lived my whole life

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Let's refocus you on your original point above (bolded).

The answer is, obviously, "of course", because that's how it works all the time.  So why are you asking as if you didn't know this?

lol, ok.  Got me there!  But actually most are civil charges.

it's "zero point zero"!

Um, considering many states have a legal breathalyzer limit of 0.08, "zero point zero" doesn't really mean anything in this instance.