Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And I find being clear works with detailed elaboration when necessary.

You love desperately moving goalposts. It's probably because you're desperate to be right.

There are more deaths and cases overall in liberal areas because more densely populated areas--aka cities--are traditionally blue.

When you live in a rural area where you're a mile away from your nearest neighbor, that's surely a place where the TOTAL number of cases and deaths will be less.

But as another poster stated, the virus doesn't discriminate and is hitting those densely populated red areas just like the blue ones.

Find your more densely populated cities that vote Republican (I know, there aren't nearly as many) and you'll find Covid problems.

Again, your very premise that red areas have leaders or citizens doing a "great job" on their own separate from the circumstances of their geography is simply incorrect.

So you think the "circumstances" of the situation is by chance? I am glad you admit that conservatives have done a better job even if you think it is mere coincidence that the circumstances are different. I am going to link to a video of people I am confident are liberals, and besides the shooting I see no masks despite the mandate, and no social distancing. And yes I think this is much more typical in liberal places than conservative.

www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-police-release-video-of-deadly-shooting-in-hopes-of-nabbing-suspects.amp

This is a settled matter.  Why is this thread still even going ? This is Only like the hundredth data point and/or study that points to the safety of schools for children and relative risk for teachers.

What happened to the leftists, they have become anti science anti data.     TDS is a powerful phenomena 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

This is a settled matter.  Why is this thread still even going ? This is Only like the hundredth data point and/or study that points to the safety of schools for children and relative risk for teachers.

What happened to the leftists, they have become anti science anti data.     TDS is a powerful phenomena 

Because the liberals have turned our educational system over to organized crime syndicates (aka "labor unions") that are holding student hostage to their whims. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Magox said:

Yes but who wants to be like Sweden or Finland?  

Wait.....what??

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This a not your finest hour, Transpy.  Horrible take. 

Generally speaking, with respect to education, the customer can be defined as followed:

• Individuals and families compelled by law to contribute whatever amount is required. Failure to do so shall surely result in expense and ultimately, loss of property;
  • School children required by law to attend classes in a manner and location deemed appropriate by the state/BOE;
  • All facilities are designed and managed by the state, maintained by the state, and paid for by the customer;

Generally speaking, a teacher's compensation and/or benefit package is unaffected by performance any of the foregoing, and whether or not the customer is elated, disappointed or frustrated with the partnership, and in fact, whether or not the customer actually shows up at the arranged time and place to receive services for which they paid.  In short, a teacher's compensation model is unaffected by implying a customer has asked a dumb question, eye rolls, shoulder shrugs or outward frustration. 

In that regard, a teacher is quite privileged...and without consideration, that can lead to the conclusion that everyone else is in the same boat.

In the non-privileged world, one's ability to earn a living is dependent upon successful navigation of many factors, but mostly, providing what most would consider to be an acceptable level of customer service.  That typically includes not telling your customer that they have a tendency to ask dumb questions, even at the risk of failing to meet the intellectual honesty standard a teacher can strive for with impunity. 

What you and your pals here are missing is that telling a student they asked a dumb question is more difficult than it is to not do it.

If you think I just throw that statement out there gratuitously, you're sorely mistaken. I spend a great deal of time building an honest relationship with the students in the classroom.

Once I have that, I can tell them it's a dumb question.

I don't feel the necessity to defend my own pedagogy at this point. I don't spend hundreds and thousands of words critiquing you at your job or @Chef Jim at his.

I'm very, very comfortable in my teaching ability. I love the job more and more every year and keep getting better in the classroom.

I will guess you'll take this statement personally even though it's not my intention, but you really don't have any business telling a teacher how he/she should run his/her classroom as long as that teacher isn't doing or saying anything outrageous if the product coming out of the classroom is smarter and more disciplined.

Nothing I do or say in the classroom is even approaching outrageous.

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't care why the kid needed clarification.  So what if he was sleeping/daydreaming/jerking off.  You do not call someone stupid (and yes in their mind telling them that they just asked a stupid question could very well be interpreted as being called stupid {that's how empathy works}]  in front of their peers.  Horrible. You praise in public reprimand (or in your case call them stupid) in private.   

And someone who tells impressionable children they are stupid telling someone else they have no business teaching kids is beyond laughable. 

Also teachers should have a very open mind. Yours is closed so tight your head squeaks when you think.  That is if you think at all.  

Stay quarantined.  It's the best place for you. 

Stay out of the classroom and away from kids.

It's the best place for them.

• Haha (+1) 1

@Buffalo Timmy is STILL running away from his initial claim that the Republicans "are doing great at limiting Covid." Those were literally your words.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

North Dakota, Mississippi, Indiana, Missouri, and Kentucky are the 5 states with the highest percentage increases in Covid cases in the last 2 weeks.

Want to claim that it's all the Republican counties that "are doing great at limiting Covid?"

Orange County is a traditionally very red county in California. They have 556 deaths. That's great?

Tarrant County in Texas is also a very red county. They have 329 deaths. That's great?

Can you honestly find anything other than red areas in Mississippi? They have 1,463 deaths.

Alabama has 1,438 deaths. That's great?

In Georgia Cobb, Gwinnett and Dougherty Counties combine for 655 deaths. It's notable that Dougherty's population is only about 100,000 people and they have 160 deaths. That's great?

By the way, Hawai'i, maybe the most blue state in the country, has over 1.4 million people and 26 deaths, by contrast of Dougherty county.

Your stubbornness is getting the better of you.

Those handful of areas I just mentioned would fall at 26th in the entire world just ahead of Iraq at limiting Covid.

That's just a small handful of deaths in Republican areas.

Number keeps going up with every single one added and that's a fraction from the country.

What we see from these areas you gloat about are far from great.

If you want to keep making this argument. Prove it. Right now the Republican areas of the country are 26th worst in the world if they were combined as a country. 

If you believe I cherry picked, compile the numbers for all the Republican areas vs all the Democratic areas.

I will bet you a billion dollars that once you add it all up, those Republican areas added up end up higher than the 26th they are now.

And at that point, out of 215 countries being tracked, are you honestly going to continue your laughable argument that Republicans are doing great at managing Covid?

If so... oy... I know you don't teach science or math  :lol:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

You know what else those two countries don’t have that we do? They don’t have two warring factions in Washington made up of decrepit career ***** sticks like Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell and Maxine Waters. They don’t have a media hell bent on making up bull#### stories to appease a certain group of people and cause division. They don’t have a CDC that can’t get out of its own way because one side wants a political tool to win and election which is mere months away. They don’t have numbers being reported then contradicted hours later by the same people who reported them only having to admit they “made a mistake” but everyone knows they only changed their minds because they got caught. They don’t have hospitals making up numbers for incentives. They don’t have 300+ million people combined either. So; math.

I suppose we can blame all of that on Trump.....? Because one of you geniuses is going to chime in and say “they don’t have trump either”.

Wake up.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

@Buffalo Timmy is STILL running away from his initial claim that the Republicans "are doing great at limiting Covid." Those were literally your words.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

North Dakota, Mississippi, Indiana, Missouri, and Kentucky are the 5 states with the highest percentage increases in Covid cases in the last 2 weeks.

Want to claim that it's all the Republican counties that "are doing great at limiting Covid?"

Orange County is a traditionally very red county in California. They have 556 deaths. That's great?

Tarrant County in Texas is also a very red county. They have 329 deaths. That's great?

Can you honestly find anything other than red areas in Mississippi? They have 1,463 deaths.

In Georgia Cobb, Gwinnett and Dougherty Counties combine for 655 deaths. It's notable that Dougherty's population is only about 100,000 people and they have 160 deaths. That's great?

By the way, Hawai'i, maybe the most blue state in the country, has over 1.4 million people and 26 deaths, by contrast of Dougherty county.

Those handful of areas I just mentioned would fall at 26th in the entire world just ahead of Iraq at limiting Covid.

Number keeps going up with every single one added and that's a fraction from the country.

If you want to keep making this argument. Prove it. Right now the Republican areas of the country are 26th worst in the world if they were combined as a country. 

If you believe I cherry picked, compile the numbers for all the Republican areas vs all the Democratic areas.

I will bet you a billion dollars that once you add it all up, those Republican areas added up end up higher than the 26th they are now.

And at that point, out of 215 countries being tracked, are you honestly going to continue your laughable argument that Republicans are doing great at managing Covid?

You special blend of total numbers and new numbers is fun especially where you look at percent increase and think it means conservatives are failing. We have huge increases because we kept out numbers so low. Also there are several areas of MS and AL that blue, just like as you pointed out Orange County CA. Lastly comparing Orange County CA at 556 deaths when they have a 4 million population to LA county with 10 million and 4300 deaths is exactly my point, conservatives are not perfect but overall we will do better than liberals with same rules and consequences

• Like (+1) 1

Having talked to some school district administrators, there is no way NY schools are going to open in the Fall.

The regulations are simply not doable.

Bye Bye teachers unions.

Hello lower taxes.

It should be a nice Christmas.

Even if schools do not open teachers will still do classes online . Likely be a hybrid system with students needing to be in class and those who can remote learn till safe. WNY looks ok right now ,  NYC needs to be more careful  yet.  This is a lot of stress for teachers and parents to deal with.

43 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Having talked to some school district administrators, there is no way NY schools are going to open in the Fall.

The regulations are simply not doable.

Bye Bye teachers unions.

Hello lower taxes.

It should be a nice Christmas.

Bye Bye teachers unions-WRONG answer; they OWN the Dems

Hello lower taxes-see above; there are massive tax increases coming to close states' budget deficits due to Covid-19; property tax, sales tax, thumb tax, carpet tax; you name it

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah, because just over 86,000 cases and 6,000 deaths in those 2 countries combined vs over 4.2 million cases and 148,000 deaths are even remotely comparable, idiot  :doh:

Then let's extrapolate that out, shall we?

330 million / 16 million is 20.6

86000 x 20.6 is 1,777,600 arguably less cases than the US

6000 deaths x 20.6 is 123,600 again, less than the 148, but they also show half the number of cases so again arguably, they have a higher death rate than the US

Point is however, you can indeed very easily make a comparison you idiot! 

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You missed your calling, you should find a job picking cherries. Frankly speaking, you are so fullofshit trying to prove your various points that you are not worth the effort to argue with. It's as if you have the goalposts tied to a dodgem car. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You special blend of total numbers and new numbers is fun especially where you look at percent increase and think it means conservatives are failing. We have huge increases because we kept out numbers so low. Also there are several areas of MS and AL that blue, just like as you pointed out Orange County CA. Lastly comparing Orange County CA at 556 deaths when they have a 4 million population to LA county with 10 million and 4300 deaths is exactly my point, conservatives are not perfect but overall we will do better than liberals with same rules and consequences

You love your logical fallacies, especially onfuscation.

You said red areas are "doing great at limiting Covid." Those few areas I point to have more deaths that 189 countries.

And that's just a fraction of the red areas in our country.

You were wrong. Just admit it. Then we can move on to the separate conversation your trying to have as you continue to deflect, because like I said, you love your logical fallacies.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You love your logical fallacies, especially onfuscation.

You said red areas are "doing great at limiting Covid." Those few areas I point to have more deaths that 189 countries.

And that's just a fraction of the red areas in our country.

You were wrong. Just admit it. Then we can move on to the separate conversation your trying to have as you continue to deflect, because like I said, you love your logical fallacies.

Your argument is done huh? I will rephrase what I meant and I agree I should have been more clear- in comparison to the death rate of liberal areas conservatives are doing a great job. Couple of things- the word is obfuscation and just because you don't like the facts I use does not mean it is a logical fallacy. If your entire point is the more recent info then you were using logical fallacy because you kept mentioning total numbers while trying to argue against only the new numbers.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your argument is done huh? I will rephrase what I meant and I agree I should have been more clear- in comparison to the death rate of liberal areas conservatives are doing a great job. Couple of things- the word is obfuscation and just because you don't like the facts I use does not mean it is a logical fallacy. If your entire point is the more recent info then you were using logical fallacy because you kept mentioning total numbers while trying to argue against only the new numbers.

See my post just above his. He's a waste of time.

18 hours ago, Magox said:

nice. now compare the case #'s from Finland to America. 

If we were doing as well as Europe no one would be against opening schools, but we aren't. that study is a joke and has no relevance to what America is going through right now. the schools in America are so much bigger than in Finland. Israel opened schools and it led to the whole country spiking with cases and they urged people not to do the same, says right there in the article. 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your argument is done huh? I will rephrase what I meant and I agree I should have been more clear

There.

Was admitting that your initial statement--which is what began this entire meandering discussion in the first place--was wrong really that difficult?

This is a rather indirect way of admitting it, but I know it was difficult so I accept it.

At times it felt like pulling teeth, but I'm proud of you for finally making that admission  :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

0 Children under 18 have died of the virus in this country. 

0 cases of children under 18 passing the virus on to adults. 

Funny how the left likes to claim they're the party of science -- until that science works against them. Then they lose their minds. 

If you don't want to risk it, Transplant, take a sabbatical. Otherwise, stop standing in the way of the children and their development. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Bye Bye teachers unions-WRONG answer; they OWN the Dems

Hello lower taxes-see above; there are massive tax increases coming to close states' budget deficits due to Covid-19; property tax, sales tax, thumb tax, carpet tax; you name it

You can't get blood from a stone my friend.

Too much destruction to the tax base on the horizon.

Sending someone a bill these days doesn't mean it will get paid.

The people with the means will leave and take their money with them.

46 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

There.

Was admitting that your initial statement--which is what began this entire meandering discussion in the first place--was wrong really that difficult?

This is a rather indirect way of admitting it, but I know it was difficult so I accept it.

At times it felt like pulling teeth, but I'm proud of you for finally making that admission  :thumbsup:

And I appreciate you admitting I am correct. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

nice. now compare the case #'s from Finland to America. 

If we were doing as well as Europe no one would be against opening schools, but we aren't. that study is a joke and has no relevance to what America is going through right now. the schools in America are so much bigger than in Finland. Israel opened schools and it led to the whole country spiking with cases and they urged people not to do the same, says right there in the article. 

I appreciate your expertise but I am gonna go with the CDC, the pediatricians, and the vast majority of groups who deals with epidemiology. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

0 Children under 18 have died of the virus in this country. 

0 cases of children under 18 passing the virus on to adults. 

Funny how the left likes to claim they're the party of science -- until that science works against them. Then they lose their minds. 

If you don't want to risk it, Transplant, take a sabbatical. Otherwise, stop standing in the way of the children and their development. 

Where did this false information come from lol... It definitely isn't 0. It isn't that many but 0 is not right... Expected from people that don't know what the word facts mean.

Kids can pass the virus to anyone the virus doesn't say "so am on a child so I can't go to an adult."

The fact that my friend got it from his daughter who is 7 should shut your mouth about Covid since you are poorly educated about the matter.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Where did this false information come from lol... It definitely isn't 0. It isn't that many but 0 is not right... Expected from people that don't know what the word facts mean.

Link me a single case of a child under 18 dying of it in the US. I'll wait...

You just keep proving you're very bad at this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Link me a single case of a child under 18 dying of it in the US. I'll wait...

You just keep proving you're very bad at this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/5-year-old-dallas-boy-dies-from-covid-19/amp/

Google is your friend and many more just like it.

The fact that you are so dense to even post something without even looking up the facts is all I need to know about you as a poster.... 

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Reading is hard. Try reading that article and see why it's problematic to your position. Sound out the big words. Use a dictionary. You can do it! 

So not only were you wrong about people under 18 dieing from Covid you are also wrong about kids not transferring it to adults.

Remember only post what you know and you won't be shown to be a fraud.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

According to a report released by the county, the boy had been critically ill in an area hospital and had underlying high-risk health conditions.

Just now, TBBills said:

So not only were you wrong about people under 18 dieing from Covid you are also wrong about kids not transferring it to adults.

You're wrong. Again. Spectacularly. :lol: 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

According to a report released by the county, the boy had been critically ill in an area hospital and had underlying high-risk health conditions.

He died from Covid and you still won't accept it. This is gold hahahah

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He did? 

You sure? 

Read it again. 

He did you need to read it again... Or you refuse to lol either way you are wrong like it seems you always are. People like you aren't needed in forums b.c you just try to say false things to stir up problems.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Don't even know why people try with some of you b.c even when you are 100% wrong you refuse to acknowledge it. It's ok b.c I was able to quote your idiocy.

Just a sad soul who is bad at this and upset that he was exposed as following neocon propaganda. He'll learn ;) 

See you stopped trying and just went to attacking b.c you knew you are wrong. I love the part where you said "0 cases of children under 18 passing it on to adult" I mean if that isn't the dumbest thing said about Covid I don't know what it.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Don't even know why people try with some of you b.c even when you are 100% wrong you refuse to acknowledge it. It's ok b.c I was able to quote your idiocy.

I freely admit when I'm wrong. I'm not on this one. 

But keep digging. It's going well for you :lol: