DeSean Jackson posts anti-Semitic messages, quotes Hitler

FireChans

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Brees criticized Kaep 4 years ago, criticized the kneeling TWICE recently before changing his tune.  Not that it matters, but Jackson apologized immediately, it didn't take a national backlash for him to realize he may have cost himself a job. Brees was never in danger of losing his job, Jackson will probably get released. This isn't the same controversy.

You're right. One was about how he felt about the flag.

One was about demonizing Jews. Good take though.

Edited by LB3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

I think he’s toast but sure lol

He takes mckenzie and Andre Roberts spot right? Gadgets and returns. 
In all seriousness I loved that guys game his first go around in philly. Helluva set of wheels on that guy. I won’t judge the comment thing other than to agree he won’t see 35% of the backlash other players would for posting that 

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Only one of those two people publicly said that Hitler guy had some good ideas.

Interesting take.

Though I don't often agree with him, GoBills808 has some nuanced and intelligent takes.

The other is some galaxy brain stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Brees criticized Kaep 4 years ago, criticized the kneeling TWICE recently before changing his tune.  Not that it matters, but Jackson apologized immediately, it didn't take a national backlash for him to realize he may have cost himself a job. Brees was never in danger of losing his job, Jackson will probably get released. This isn't the same controversy.

He’s a good boy, you forgave him 2 minutes before he posted it.   

Which Hitler quotes are your favorites ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Once a schmuck...

dafb37eda8b99019fb2302c64488f703.gif

That was my go to for a decade when I scored a TD

Not dropping the ball before the end zone, but casually dropping the ball in the end zone.. and walking away

Problem is you actually gotta score first...

Jackson actually did that at the all American game in high school too! Never learned

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not that it matters too much in this case, but he did not actually quote Hitler (although I’m sure he probably thought he was.)

The quote is actually from an imagined conversation between “Hitler” and an author who is part of the ‘black israelite’ movement. It’s a fabrication by this author. I won’t go into the black israelite stuff here; it’s pretty out there. Feel free to check it out yourselves though.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Not that it matters too much in this case, but he did not actually quote Hitler (although I’m sure he probably thought he was.)

The quote is actually from an imagined conversation between “Hitler” and an author that is part of the ‘black israelite’ movement. It’s a fabrication by this author. I won’t go into the black israelite stuff here; it’s pretty out there. Feel free to check it out yourselves though.

It wasn't Hitler. He thought it was Hitler. He's an idiot.

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Only one of those two people publicly said that Hitler guy had some good ideas.

Interesting take.

I didn't defend Jackson

21 minutes ago, LB3 said:

You're right. One was about how he felt about the flag.

One was about demonizing Jews. Good take though.

Again, not defending Jackson, just pointing out the differences, but obviously some don't care. Jackson will probably lose his job, Brees will get paid $25 million this year.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I didn't defend Jackson

I consider quoting what you believe are Hitler’s thoughts on the Jews and agreeing with it far worse than criticizing holding a protest during the National Anthem because you believe it’s a disrespectful time to do so.

I guess Tre and Jamal and the NFL media don’t.

I don’t really care how fast he apologized tbh.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I didn't defend Jackson

Again, not defending Jackson, just pointing out the differences, but obviously some don't care. Jackson will probably lose his job, Brees will get paid $25 million this year.

Do you honestly believe Jackson apologized before backlash?

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I consider quoting what you believe are Hitler’s thoughts on the Jews and agreeing with it far worse than criticizing holding a protest during the National Anthem because you believe it’s a disrespectful time to do so.

I don’t really care how fast he apologized tbh.

Here's what I would like someone to ask him:

What did you think the quote you attributed to Hitler meant? You said you were only trying "uplift, unite and encourage our culture with positivity and light." What about that quite contributed to that goal?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2