45 Years Ago.....

Mark Vader

On June 20, 1975, the summer blockbuster was born, Steven Spielberg became a household name, and everyone thought twice about going into the water for a swim.

Happy Anniversary, "JAWS"!

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was 10 years old, and sat in the front row.  I still remember leaping out of my seat when Ben Gardner's ghoulish head rolled into the hole at the bottom of that boat.

I couldn't even swim comfortably in the deep end of a pool for at least a decade after that.  This many years later, and I still go into the ocean looking for dorsal fins.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

157 years ago today, West Virginia became the 35th state of the union. 157 years from now, nobody will care, either.

Wow, you really went deep in the history books just to be a dbag. Most likely some kind of political commentary (because isnt that what life is all about these days? People hating people for no real reason but to hate) . But happy anniversary Jaws. Great friggin movie! Definitely in my top 10 all time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Wow, you really went deep in the history books just to be a dbag. Most likely some kind of political commentary (because isnt that what life is all about these days? People hating people for no real reason but to hate) . But happy anniversary Jaws. Great friggin movie! Definitely in my top 10 all time.

You clearly know nothing of my politics. Lighten up, dbag.

7 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

poking fun at West Virginia is something that everyone of all political persuasions can enjoy equally!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The future Mrs. Lew and I saw this at Grand Central Mall near Parkersburg WV.

She got her ears pierced at a kiosk place in the mall.  The lady

did the piercing and said to come back in two hours.

We saw Jaws and my much better half to be came home with pierced ears.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/20/2020 at 11:41 AM, Mark Vader said:

On June 20, 1975, the summer blockbuster was born, Steven Spielberg became a household name, and everyone thought twice about going into the water for a swim.

Happy Anniversary, "JAWS"!

We watched this  last night at the end of a good, long Father's Day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/20/2020 at 11:46 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

poking fun at West Virginia is something that everyone of all political persuasions can enjoy equally!! 

Wild and yet...wonderful! ;)

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ocvFkaaiP9OquzKu5knmOAHaEu%26pid%3DApi&f=1

On 6/22/2020 at 1:59 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

https://countrymusicnation.com/father-saves-16-year-old-son-from-shark-attack

shark-attack-16--1092x614.jpg

Looks  like it couldn't  punch through to his femoral artery thankfully!

That was what just a "sniff" from one of these baddies looks like I think? :unsure:

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

haha— I had no idea that was the state’s slogan! That’s brilliant! 

I had the benefit of making that drive down I-79 from the ‘Burgh to destinations south many a time and would see that sign and know right away to fill up in Morgantown so that there would be no issue in finding a decent station before ending up 4+ hours later with some signs of civilization around Beckley, close to the VA border—no doubt much of the state was (is) quite “wild” lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

Jaws is one of those movies that I must watch, whenever I stumble across it, from where I find it until it's over.

Goodfellas is another movie that has done that to me many times.

Jaws is what I consider a true modern "Classic" and there aren't that may of them.

• Like (+1) 1