A Safe Space for Racists to Discuss Salmon and Other Recipes

This racist works in the prison system? Fire him! 

NJ Corrections Officer Mocks George Floyd’s Death as Protesters Pass

The mayor and police chief of the South Jersey town called it "revolting"

By NBC10 Staff and Cydney Long  Published June 9, 2020  Updated on June 9, 2020 at 6:12 pm

0:28

0:28/ 2:24

•  
  •  
  •  
Expand

NBC Universal, Inc.
Video shows a man kneeling on another person and appearing to mock George Floyd in front of Black Lives Matter protesters in Franklin Township, New Jersey. NBC10’s Cydney Long has the details.

A group of white men seen mocking George Floyd's death as Black Lives Matter protesters passed by included a corrections officer in South Jersey, officials confirmed to NBC10.

A man - whose identity has not been verified - was seen kneeling on another man laying down along Delsea Drive as a group marched past in Franklin Township on Monday. Another man with the group filmed the others.

The NJ Department of Corrections said in a statement that one of the men involved was a corrections officer at Bayside State Prison.

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Does anyone have any novel ways to prepare and cook salmon? 

Cedar plank on a charcoal grill with some dill weed and salt.  Cooked correctly you can even use the plank as a dinner plate

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I actually am lookig for a good salmon recipe. We grill salmon frequently and typically use a lemon pepper coating. Would like something new.

2 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Cedar plank on a charcoal grill with some dill weed and salt.  Cooked correctly you can even use the plank as a dinner plate

That sounds good. I'll give it a try

I do have a smoker and did some salmon with Apple Wood. My wife liked it more than I did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Thank you GP for calling out the racism that has been embedded in this forum for years. It takes a lot of patience and effort to do what you are doing, and I commend you for it.

Why do you insist that black people are inferior?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's not novel, but I usually bake salmon at about 425 with a little salt, pepper, diced green onion, and dice ginger sprinkled on top.  Comes out pretty good.

• Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I actually am lookig for a good salmon recipe. We grill salmon frequently and typically use a lemon pepper coating. Would like something new.

That sounds good. I'll give it a try

I do have a smoker and did some salmon with Apple Wood. My wife liked it more than I did.

Is a smoker more of a slow cook as opposed to grilling things?  Like if you smoke wings do they take longer to smoke than to bake or grill?

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Is a smoker more of a slow cook as opposed to grilling things?  Like if you smoke wings do they take longer to smoke than to bake or grill?

Smoking takes longer. lower temps. But, is worth it. ***** Devine. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Try it with some spicy BBQ sauce.  Fantastic. 

That DOES sound good.  I am usually more of a sweet BBQ sauce guy but I'll mark that down on the "to try" list for this summer.

Just now, The Guy In Pants said:

Get a decent electric one for about tree fiddy.

Nah, under $300

That's not bad.  Thanks! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That DOES sound good.  I am usually more of a sweet BBQ sauce guy but I'll mark that down on the "to try" list for this summer.

That's not bad.  Thanks! 

Treger are consider the gold standard. Takes pimp money but, they’re sassy.Get yourself a little electric MasterBuilt and give it a go. Sams Club, $249.

Can give you tips and quick recipes to try on the fly.

Edited by The Guy In Pants

Side note, does anyone use pour beer in the pan if they slow cook ribs?  I did it for the first time during the quarantine and it was awesome.  I usually cook the ribs at about 275 for 3 hours and keep them covered the whole time with foil.  I pour 1 can of beer in the pan and it really adds a nice flavor.

Just now, The Guy In Pants said:

Treger are consider the gold standard. Takes pimp money but, they’re sassy.Get yourself a little electric MasterBuilt and give it a go. Can give you tips and quick recipes to try on the fly.

Ok, good advice, I'll look into it.  Thanks

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

My problem with smoking wings is getting them to light.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Side note, does anyone use pour beer in the pan if they slow cook ribs?  I did it for the first time during the quarantine and it was awesome.  I usually cook the ribs at about 275 for 3 hours and keep them covered the whole time with foil.  I pour 1 can of beer in the pan and it really adds a nice flavor.

Ok, good advice, I'll look into it.  Thanks

Heard of instapot ribs with beer. Supposedly the bees knees but, I’ve never seen a bees knee let alone tasted one.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

If everyone just ignored them, and stopped copying and pasting their hatred they would go away.

They are literally online stalkers.

Paid shills. Gotta be. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GG said:

Why bother smoking salmon?

I've not done it.  It needs to be cold smoked which requires a set up I don't have.  I'm more into curing now than smoking.  I have some nice moldy sopressata hanging in my curing box now.  Whoops.  Hanging.....RACIST!! 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Treger are consider the gold standard. Takes pimp money but, they’re sassy.Get yourself a little electric MasterBuilt and give it a go. Sams Club, $249.

Can give you tips and quick recipes to try on the fly.

I've heard people complain about traeger not doing a great job with the smoke flavor.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I've heard people complain about traeger not doing a great job with the smoke flavor.  

I’ve tasted some from a treger; friend has one; he just happens to be of darker complexion so I’m not sure if I should be talking about him because of all of the racists in here; however, Jay has one. I wasn’t impressed. Personally, I thought it was a little bland and  dry. Of course; I did not bring this up to him because it was a gift from his wife and children and I’ll be damned if I’m going to piss in his Cheerios. He loves it and that’s all that matters.

I am one of those people with little patience. So, I use an electric smoker. Taboo to some. Pellet or charcoal is preferred by many. 

2 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I’ve tasted some from a treger; friend has one; he just happens to be of darker complexion so I’m not sure if I should be talking about him because of all of the racists in here; however, Jay has one. I wasn’t impressed. Personally, I thought it was a little bland and  dry. Of course; I did not bring this up to him because it was a gift from his wife and children and I’ll be damned if I’m going to piss in his Cheerios. He loves it and that’s all that matters.

I am one of those people with little patience. So, I use an electric smoker. Taboo to some. Pellet or charcoal is preferred by many. 

It was bland and dry?  Not sure I'd blame the smoker on that. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah, it's a slow cooker where you can use different kinds of wood chips for flavoring - hickory, apple wood, etc. 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, it's a slow cooker where you can use different kinds of wood chips for flavoring - hickory, apple wood, etc. 

Is it on the level of "can't screw this up" like a crock-pot?  Whereas, grilling can be fairly easily screwed up if you have your temps and times off by even a little...

• Like (+1) 1