Trump is a Fascist

Kemp

Preach it. It's reality. You won't find a ton of support on that from the others here, but you're getting it from me. 

Trump is what American fascism looks like — fat, stupid, lazy, old, ignorant, racist and loudly proud of it 

Kinda like most of PPP, come to think of it. 

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

If you want to ACTUALLY see fascism in action, take a look at cancel culture. Here’s a hint: Trump doesn’t participate in that.

That's not an example of fascism at all, in any way. Who has been "canceled" exactly, and how is it fascist? Use a specific example. 

Also. The idea that Trump doesn't participate in cancel culture. Is. Absolutely. Hysterical. The man is a Troll. All he does is talk ***** nonstop. He is trying to cancel people, all the time. How stupid are you?

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If you support him, you are a fascist.

You can complain and moan and change the topic, but that is an essential truth.

yeah, no. 

sorry but that is not how it works, in fact.. it's not how any of this works. your "feelz" don't dictate who i am. you may not agree with who your projection puts out but, more than anything, that is your problem, not mine.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GregPersons said:

That's not an example of fascism at all, in any way. Who has been "canceled" exactly, and how is it fascist? Use a specific example. 

Also. The idea that Trump doesn't participate in cancel culture. Is. Absolutely. Hysterical. The man is a Troll. All he does is talk ***** nonstop. He is trying to cancel people, all the time. How stupid are you?

How does the Moslem Brotherhood feel about fascism?

Just now, Reality Check said:

How does the Moslem Brotherhood feel about fascism?

You'd know more than I would. I don't know why you're spelling it Moslem, or why you've decided this is my identity. It is again fascinating how each PPP poster has made a different decision on who I am and what my motivations are. 

Everyone's sure I'm full of BS but nobody can quite decide which villain I should be, exactly.

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

You'd know more than I would. I don't know why you're spelling it Moslem, or why you've decided this is my identity. It is again fascinating how each PPP poster has made a different decision on who I am and what my motivations are. 

Everyone's sure I'm full of BS but nobody can quite decide which villain I should be, exactly.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8405193/Looters-break-Macys-Herald-Square-make-10-000-worth-merchandise.html

45 minutes ago, Kemp said:

This question comes from someone who’s not a Trump fan: how exactly is Trump a fascist and what actual policies has he put in place to further that goal?

Thats a pretty heavy charge you leveled. You ought to explain a lot more.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Who knew that simply by coming from a modest WNY working class immigrant background, studying really hard in public school, putting myself through college (twice), and then working my butt off in a job that I love for over 30 years, serving clients of all races, creeds and colors that I could earn the two very distinguished honorary degrees of ‘racist’ and ‘fascist’ just by visiting a message board.  In a nutshell...That Was Easy!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Who knew that simply by coming from a modest WNY working class immigrant background, studying really hard in public school, putting myself through college (twice), and then working my butt off in a job that I love for over 30 years, serving clients of all races, creeds and colors that I could earn the two very distinguished honorary degrees of ‘racist’ and ‘fascist’ just by visiting a message board.  In a nutshell...That Was Easy!

They're optional identities. You don't have to be racist or fascist if you don't want to be. I'm giving you permission.

The bar is quite low to join anti-racism and anti-fascism. Despite the media's portrayal, all these things are is simply speaking out against racism and fascism. That's it! That's all you have to do to not be racist and fascist. Simply do not support their forms, and call them out as being bad.

Unless you think they're good! In which case, frame those degrees!

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'd just like to thank the OP for the well thought out, well reasoned, and well explained statement including facts and real life examples. It's truly rare to see that kind of argument these days.

/s

Great sarcasm, brah! 

Seriously though, your post really well thought out, well reasoned, and provided a solid counter argument with real life examples. It's really hard to find ANY examples of Trump supporting fascism. Can't think of any!!!!

/s

It's extremely common to see that kind of argument these days. 

32 minutes ago, snafu said:

This question comes from someone who’s not a Trump fan: how exactly is Trump a fascist and what actual policies has he put in place to further that goal?

Thats a pretty heavy charge you leveled. You ought to explain a lot more.

Do you really not have any guesses at all? Nothing you can think of, in his policies or statements? Nothing reads "fascist" to you from anything you've read or heard from Trump?

Have you seen/read anything from Trump? 

3 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Great sarcasm, brah! 

Seriously though, your post really well thought out, well reasoned, and provided a solid counter argument with real life examples. It's really hard to find ANY examples of Trump supporting fascism. Can't think of any!!!!

/s

Enlighten me, how do you counter an argument that wasn't made? Please feel free to hit me with some points and I'd be happy to address or concede them.

4 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

They're optional identities. You don't have to be racist or fascist if you don't want to be. I'm giving you permission.

The bar is quite low to join anti-racism and anti-fascism. Despite the media's portrayal, all these things are is simply speaking out against racism and fascism. That's it! That's all you have to do to not be racist and fascist. Simply do not support their forms, and call them out as being bad.

Unless you think they're good! In which case, frame those degrees!

Or....how about I just continue living my life as I always have, being an example of treating people based on the content of their character and not by the color of the skin. Or, is that too 1960’s for your woke self? 

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Enlighten me, how do you counter an argument that wasn't made? Please feel free to hit me with some points and I'd be happy to address or concede them.

The argument is "Trump is a fascist"

The evidence is "most of Trump's statements and policies"

Maybe you'd like to tell us how Trump is actually very democratic instead of fascist? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Or....how about I just continue living my life as I always have, being an example of treating people based on the content of their character and not by the color of the skin. Or, is that too 1960’s for your woke self? 

Live however you want, but as I've said, "doing nothing" isn't doing anything for anybody but yourself. You're free to be entirely passive. If you've ever wondered, "if i had a time machine and could go back to Nazi Germany, what would I do?" You'd be doing this. 

Do you have any friends or family who've been racist around you? Does that impact your evaluation of a person's character much, or not very?

6 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

The argument is "Trump is a fascist"

The evidence is "most of Trump's statements and policies"

Maybe you'd like to tell us how Trump is actually very democratic instead of fascist? 

Trump has been in office for almost 4 years, and has touched way too many policies for me to comb through. Can I get the greatest hits? Maybe his top 3 most fascist policies in your opinion? 

• Haha (+1) 3

Live however you want, but as I've said, "doing nothing" isn't doing anything for anybody but yourself. You're free to be entirely passive. If you've ever wondered, "if i had a time machine and could go back to Nazi Germany, what would I do?" You'd be doing this. 

Do you have any friends or family who've been racist around you? Does that impact your evaluation of a person's character much, or not very?

You sure are obsessed about racism there Sparky.

Did a KKK member piss on your panties before or something?

We were getting somewhere and then you left the road again. ‘Live however you want’? You can’t and don’t mean that. The problem we have is that there are many who say one thing in public and do another in private. The Democratic Party is full of them. If you don’t mind, I’m going to stick with my lifelong policy of actually treating people the way id like to be treated. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We were getting somewhere and then you left the road again. ‘Live however you want’? You can’t and don’t mean that. The problem we have is that there are many who say one thing in public and do another in private. The Democratic Party is full of them. If you don’t mind, I’m going to stick with my lifelong policy of actually treating people the way id like to be treated. 

Would you like to be treated by me saying "You can't and don't mean that"?

So, you treating people the way you'd like to be treated. You can't and don't mean that. If a group you felt was part of your community — whatever part of your identity you feel is "your people" besides Bills fan — was being killed by police, over and over, and nothing was being done about it... would you like it if people responded to you with "Not my problem"? 

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You sure are obsessed about racism there Sparky.

Did a KKK member piss on your panties before or something?

As a matter of fact, racists pissed all over my life and the lives of every person I know and have ever met. Same with you, actually, even if you don't realize it. You're covered in piss like everyone else.

Edited by GregPersons

5 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

As a matter of fact, racists ruined my life and the lives of every person I know and have ever met. Same with you, actually, even if you don't realize it. 

Greg, racists didn’t ruin your life. Your life may not be what you’d hope it would be (many people’s lives are not) but each new day brings an opportunity to live your life as an example of good. Our lives cannot be ruined by others...only we can do that. With the greatest of sincere respect may I suggest you find a really good church and dig deep into the message of salvation?  If you sit quietly, study and listen for the voice of God, I’m confident that you’ll find the peace you’re looking for there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Greg, racists didn’t ruin your life. Your life may not be what you’d hope it would be (many people’s lives are not) but each new day brings an opportunity to live your life as an example of good. Our lives cannot be ruined by others...only we can do that. With the greatest of sincere respect may I suggest you find a really good church and dig deep into the message of salvation?  If you sit quietly, study and listen for the voice of God, I’m confident that you’ll find the peace you’re looking for there.

Racists have ruined all of our lives, unless you agree that the American Experiment is looking like a rousing success? 

Rooting out racism is the solution. Not sitting quietly. With my sincere respect, grow a pair.

13 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Would you like to be treated by me saying "You can't and don't mean that"?

So, you treating people the way you'd like to be treated. You can't and don't mean that. If a group you felt was part of your community — whatever part of your identity you feel is "your people" besides Bills fan — was being killed by police, over and over, and nothing was being done about it... would you like it if people responded to you with "Not my problem"? 

As a matter of fact, racists pissed all over my life and the lives of every person I know and have ever met. Same with you, actually, even if you don't realize it. You're covered in piss like everyone else.

I should be mad at you for your braindead takes, but I wanna find the doctor who signed the papers to let you out of that mental hospital and give him a slap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Racists have ruined all of our lives, unless you agree that the American Experiment is looking like a rousing success? 

Rooting out racism is the solution. Not sitting quietly. With my sincere respect, grow a pair.

Greg, my life isn’t in ruins, and neither is yours. But there’s still time to change your outlook. May I suggest that your current strategy to ‘root out racism’ isn’t off to a really good start. Calling out people you’ve never met and will never know as horrible hate filled oppressive white folk is a pretty poor plan. That’s if you’re hoping to “be the change” you say you want so badly to see. And for the record....my ‘pair’ are just fine. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Greg, my life isn’t in ruins, and neither is yours. But there’s still time to change your outlook. May I suggest that your current strategy to ‘root out racism’ isn’t off to a really good start. Calling out people you’ve never met and will never know as horrible hate filled oppressive white folk is a pretty poor plan. That’s if you’re hoping to “be the change” you say you want so badly to see. And for the record....my ‘pair’ are just fine. 

I'm not here to change hearts and minds, though that would be ideal. My main purpose is just to make sure that racists — do you deny the presence of racism on this board? — know they're hated. 

Why is racism acceptable to you, is my question? You're chill about this whole thing. You think I'm way over the line. What should I do to chill out about racism, as you have?

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

This coming from Kemp, the guy who is SUCH a fascist that he tried to dox someone who had a different opinion than him. :lol: 

GTFOH w that projection, Kemp. You are what you accuse others of being. 

• Like (+1) 4

I'm not here to change hearts and minds, though that would be ideal. My main purpose is just to make sure that racists — do you deny the presence of racism on this board? — know they're hated. 

Why is racism acceptable to you, is my question? You're chill about this whole thing. You think I'm way over the line. What should I do to chill out about racism, as you have?

I’ve told you what I’m doing. I’m going about living my life as an example of what’s right, and trying to vote for people who I think will do the same. I’m not questioning your motives in the slightest....in fact I love your passion! I would suggest, if you’ll allow me, to critique your strategy. Yelling at people to get something done, rarely ends up with that something getting done....I know because I’ve tried. 

47 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

wait... you mean you DON’T spend 13 hours a day constructing safe, affordable housing in underprivileged neighborhoods like GregPersons does???   Racist!

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve told you what I’m doing. I’m going about living my life as an example of what’s right, and trying to vote for people who I think will do the same. I’m not questioning your motives in the slightest....in fact I love your passion! I would suggest, if you’ll allow me, to critique your strategy. Yelling at people to get something done, rarely ends up with that something getting done....I know because I’ve tried. 

Racism isn't a new problem. I dunno about you, but I've done plenty of sweet talking to racists to gently get them to understand. Have you ever seen that work?

Nobody is going to admit they are wrong to me. Nobody ever admits they're wrong. It's an American trait. We're always right. Always. And if we seem contradictory, that's just fake news. 

But, it's like the acceptance of gay marriage. People were very homophobic in public. Now, quite a bit less. Racism is more deeply ingrained into America than that. Over the generations, the racism has shrunk, a bit. But again if someone thinks the level of racism, the degree to which racism infects every part of American society, if they think it's at an acceptable level, then that person's character is not worthy of respect. They should know. 

So, nobody is going to say "Gee I see things differently, thanks so much" — not to me, or to anybody. Nobody in America has ever earnestly said that to anybody in a political discussion. Instead, if a view changes, you'll simply see a change in their behavior later over time.  And they'll just act like they ALWAYS thought that.  That's fine too.

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wait... you mean you DON’T spend 13 hours a day constructing safe, affordable housing in underprivileged neighborhoods like GregPersons does???   Racist!

Actually I sort of do. I spend my time designing the housing, schools and churches for those neighborhoods. I can’t speak for my friend Greg.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Actually I sort of do. I spend my time designing the housing, schools and churches for those neighborhoods. I can’t speak for my friend Greg.

Good for you. You've seen and worked in underprivileged communities. On that we are similar. 

Good for you. You've seen and worked in underprivileged communities. On that we are similar. 

Yes, I actually do Greg! Ya see? We have more in common than you’d think. And what I’ve learned (and really already knew) is that people are people and most are inherently good or want to be. There’s no difference at all caused by your circumstances or skin color. Blaming others for your position in life is no way to have a life.