2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

Donald Trump won non-college graduates by a 51-to-44 percent margin in 2016; in the latest NPR-PBS NewsHour-Marist poll, he trails 46 to 48 percent among this group. Trump won White non-college graduates by a 66-to-29 percent margin four years ago; today, his lead has shrunk to 55 to 40.

Trump won White college graduates by a 48-to-45 margin; in the new poll, he now trails Democrat Joe Biden 40 percent to 57 percent. In 2016, among all women, Trump lost 54 to 41 percent; that is now 59/35. Trump lost White female college graduates 44 to 51 percent; that is now 37 to 59 percent. White non-college-educated women went for Trump by a 61-to-34 percent margin in 2016; that lead is down to 52/43.

Trump’s support from White men is also dropping. Among White men without college degrees, he has gone from 71/23 to 58/37; among White men with college degrees, Trump went from up 53/39 over Hillary Clinton to down 43/54 to Biden.

And here is the shocker: His 20-point advantage among White voters (57/37) has disappeared (48/48). ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/14/now-we-know-trumps-racist-appeals-have-backfired/

No wonder he's cheating...again 

HAHA Gator, you are on a fool's errand.Do you not realize that the premise of the above article/statistics is false? You are comparing actual votes in 2016 to a poll in 2020. It's a given that the polls today are slanted heavily to make Trump look bad. Come up with an identical poll from 2016 and compare that with today's poll. It still may not take into account the slanted way these polls are done but it should be closer. Keep believing Trump is losing though.

BREAKING NEWS: Joe Biden just revealed his plans to fight the China virus. Basically he is going to do everything that Trump has done but change the name of the China virus to Covid-19. Oh, and tell everyone they need to wear a mask for the next 3 months even though he has no authority now, or in the odd event that his supporters can get enough of the previously alive people to vote him into office. Inauguration day would be in about 5 months. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

BREAKING NEWS: Joe Biden just revealed his plans to fight the China virus. Basically he is going to do everything that Trump has done but change the name of the China virus to Covid-19. Oh, and tell everyone they need to wear a mask for the next 3 months even though he has no authority now, or in the odd event that his supporters can get enough of the previously alive people to vote him into office. Inauguration day would be in about 5 months. 

Three months puts us into November, and....oh. I get it now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

What Obama Really Thought About Biden...

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/14/obama-biden-relationship-393570

A much more complicated story—one fueled by the misgivings the 44th president had about the would-be 46th, the deep hurt still felt among Biden’s allies over how Obama embraced Hillary Clinton as his successor
Former administration officials treated Biden dismissively in their memoirs.
Biden’s own 2008 presidential campaign, meanwhile, had barely made a mark and fizzled after he won less than 1 percent in Iowa.
Biden’s own academic career was unimpressive—he repeated the third grade, earned all Cs and Ds in his first three semesters at the University of Delaware except for As in P.E., a B in “Great English Writers” and an F in ROTC, and graduated 76th in his Syracuse Law School class of 85 students. He’s the first Democratic nominee since Walter Mondale in 1984 not to have an Ivy League degree.

joe.jpg

Edited by Niagara

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

A debate that would break all rating records would be Trump vs Harris , he would never ever do that.

Why would he? She's not his opponent.

Besides, 2 hours of her trying to proclaim victim status would get old fast.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A major union endorsing a GOP candidate is very telling.  I am old enough to remember unions endorsing some out there clowns because they belonged to the party of the donkey.  I've been telling people for a year now that big labor is no longer a factor in the modern Democrat party.

• Like (+1) 2

I know this place isn't big on polls but this one caught my eye because of the education gap.  It's stark.  Biden is plus 30 with college graduates while Trump is plus 18 with high school or less.  That's insane.  It was the opposite in the 2012 election where Romney got 53% of the college graduate vote (Obama 43%) while Obama got 49% support with those with a high school or less (Romney 44%).  It really shows Trump's unique ability to appeal to the working class (and Democrats/Republicans failures) while at the same time turning off college graduates (some may argue because of the "liberal indoctrination" that universities foster).

Efj3XGqXkAIK3hi?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I know this place isn't big on polls but this one caught my eye because of the education gap.  It's stark.  Biden is plus 30 with college graduates while Trump is plus 18 with high school or less.  That's insane.  It was the opposite in the 2012 election where Romney got 53% of the college graduate vote (Obama 43%) while Obama got 49% support with those with a high school or less (Romney 44%).  It really shows Trump's unique ability to appeal to the working class (and Democrats/Republicans failures) while at the same time turning off college graduates (some may argue because of the "liberal indoctrination" that universities foster).

Efj3XGqXkAIK3hi?format=jpg&name=medium

I have been reading some polls that have the "working class gap" even wider for Trump.  IF true (and polls-schmolls) that is kind of amazing that a billionaire would connect better with the working class than the Democratic party that was supposed to be all about the working (wo)man.

It does make me wonder though, how the majority of college educated people (again, polls-schmolls) would vote for a dementia patient. That does not seem prudent to me.  ?‍♀️

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have been reading some polls that have the "working class gap" even wider for Trump.  IF true (and polls-schmolls) that is kind of amazing that a billionaire would connect better with the working class than the Democratic party that was supposed to be all about the working (wo)man.

It does make me wonder though, how the majority of college educated people (again, polls-schmolls) would vote for a dementia patient. That does not seem prudent to me.  ?‍♀️

Not really because he went to the left of them when he started railing about free trade agreements that's antithetical to the Republican's platform (and Dems for the most part) the last 40 years.  There were a lot of Trump/Bernie crossovers in that regard.  The college gap is wider because they see a guy that speaks in fragmented sentences in the White House right now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Not really because he went to the left of them when he started railing about free trade agreements that's antithetical to the Republican's platform (and Dems for the most part) the last 40 years.  There were a lot of Trump/Bernie crossovers in that regard.  The college gap is wider because they see a guy that speaks in fragmented sentences in the White House right now.

:blink:  Biden isn't in the White House.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Full on panic at CNN

Tapper can't even put the number in the top tweet....CNN didn't either.  "Matchup tightens."

Lol.  He gained 10 points since the Cultural Revolution began Jake.  

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ALF said:

This pandemic ruined the economy no matter who is the next president. 

If the demented guy wins, then Covid will cease to exist and the economy will open back up like nothing had happened 

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Full on panic at CNN

Tapper can't even put the number in the top tweet....CNN didn't either.  "Matchup tightens."

Lol.  He gained 10 points since the Cultural Revolution began Jake.  

and after the debates, trump will be ahead 

• Like (+1) 3

Former senior Trump administration official endorses Joe Biden

Miles Taylor  who served as a political appointee at the Department of Homeland Security from 2017 to 2019 and as chief of staff to Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, endorsed the former vice president in a video produced by the group Republican Voters Against Trump.

He also wrote an op-ed published in The Washington Post calling President Donald Trump "dangerous" for America, 

"What we saw week in and week out, for me, after two and a half years in that administration, was terrifying. We would go in to try to talk to him about a pressing national security issue -- cyberattack, terrorism threat -- he wasn't interested in those things. To him, they weren't priorities," Taylor says in the video.

"Given what I have experienced in the administration, I have to support Joe Biden for president and even though I am not a Democrat, even though I disagree on key issues, I'm confident that Joe Biden will protect the country and I'm confident that he won't make the same mistakes as this President."

In the video, Taylor accuses Trump of directing FEMA to withhold disaster funding to California following devastating wildfires in that state because voters in that state had not voted for him for President.

"He told us to stop giving money to people whose houses had burned down from a wildfire because he was so rageful that people in the state of California didn't support him and that politically it wasn't a base for him," Taylor says in the video.

Anthony Scaramucci, who briefly served as Trump's communications director, has also voiced his support for Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/politics/miles-taylor-trump-joe-biden-endorse/index.html