2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: Will Kamala Kill the Progressive Vote in 2020? “If the Biden-Harris 2020 ticket is going to appeal to progressives, Kamala Harris is going to have to vigorously and publicly disavow almost everything that she did before she was elected to the Senate. There may be enough Orange Man Bad fever out there make the progressives sing Kumbaya on election day, but that’s not likely given the taste of blood that they’ve gotten in recent months.”

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris deploy the Charlottesville hoax to stir up racial pain and anger.

Here's the "Joe Biden and Kamala Harris Speech Transcript August 12: First Campaign Event as Running Mates." I watched a small part of it because the TV was on in the room I happened to be in. I myself never turn on the TV news. In fact, I often get up and leave the room when it's on. I keep my distance from the virulent news and stick to reading on line (with small doses of video occasionally). In the bit of Joe Biden's speech that I saw, I found him hard to listen to. I wondered how anyone who had English as a second language could understand him, the way he drops consonants — for example, saying "whe'er not" for "whether or not." He sounded angry but disconnected from the text he was reading.

But I'm reading the text this morning because I saw in a tweet that he was forefronting the Charlottesville "fine people" hoax. On his first day of campaigning with his running mate, he led with that. I say "he," but I don't really believe it's him. I think it's more likely that he's a foggy-minded figurehead, and other people have decided to frame the message like that. I consider these people — whoever they are — despicable. They have chosen quite deliberately to commit to a lie that is intended to make black people feel hated and they are doing it for political gain.

As my earlier post about the tweet says, I blogged in April 2019, "If Biden does not come forward and retract [a video relying on the Charlottesville hoax] and apologize and commit himself to making amends, I consider him disqualified. He does not have the character or brain power to be President." Now, more than a year later, Biden has done the opposite. He's doubled down on the lie and he's making it the centerpiece of his campaign!

Biden put up that tweet last night after the speech. This post is to look at the transcript of the speeches that Biden and Harris gave at their event yesterday and to pull out the Charlottesville quotes:

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Joe and Kamala, the Demagogic Duo

by George Neumayr

Original Article

Kamala Harris believed Joe Biden’s accusers — until she didn’t

by Bethany Mandel

Original Article

@transplantbillsfan --just wondering your thoughts on Harris' commentary on Tara Reade?   You've dismissed her allegations outright, but like me, you're just a guy on the street.  I always felt like your opinion was based on partisan politics, but this is a game changer. 

Kamala Harris is a Senator---with access to files, documents and details unavailable to the average guy on the street.  She literally has the keys to the kingdom, and as a former prosecutor, likely looked at the allegations and Biden's past behavior with women and children through the lens of her past experience.  She never said Biden reminded her of an over-affectionate step-uncle,  or that he was the victim of a scurrilous attack.  She actually said she believed TR, which means she believed Joe Biden guilty of a vicious sexual assault. 

It's a real conundrum, isn't it Playa?

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

32 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How does Trump deserve a 4 year extension?

“Grandparents can’t leave their home”?  “Kids can’t go to school”?  Umm... what?

Also, these idiotic draconian measures like nO fAnS CoNgReGaTiNg nEaR tEh BaSeBaLl StAdIuM cUz iTz DANGEROUS!!!!!! ain’t Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

Always above the law, right?

It’s Illegal for Federal Officials to Campaign on the Job. Trump Staffers Keep Doing It Anyway.

You can’t keep a dictator accountable. 

Screw you America - it’s the GOP way.image.thumb.jpeg.58de493fe23dd701efca75652531126e.jpeg

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

“Grandparents can’t leave their home”?  “Kids can’t go to school”?  Umm... what?

Also, these idiotic draconian measures like nO fAnS CoNgReGaTiNg nEaR tEh BaSeBaLl StAdIuM cUz iTz DANGEROUS!!!!!! ain’t Trump.

You’re right - we should have ended Trumps reign with the COVID death count.

Edited by BillStime

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know enough about Rubin to comment but my main problem with Kasich is if he was really concerned about Trumpism driving this country farther apart he would've dropped out of the Republican primaries earlier instead of taking away votes from Cruz/Rubio.  Staying in until the last possible moment and now cashing in on just being an anti Trump moderate Republican is the opposite of courageous.

You are absolutely correct. Kasich's history is farther left than anything resembling a conservative. He's one of those Reps who realized early in his career that as long as he kept splitting aces, the Dems would drop him a face card over and over and over. Much like the Lincoln Project crew, he also realized the real Dem money is in pissing all over the entire GOP, regardless of who they are.

Jennifer Rubin is no more a conservative than Barrack Obama. She made her way in GOP circles, but again, took the money to be labeled a 'conservative' by the WP, and is all-in on destroying the entire GOP. She actually tweeted yesterday that Harris, who is an embarrassing debater, should debate Pence three times and wipe the floor with him. :lol: She is literally a PR person for the DNC.

Anyone paying attention knows this is all window dressing. Which is why I was mocking Tibs. You have to be less intelligent than Billstime to think a good Biden argument begins with Rubin promoting Kasich.

Edited by IDBillzFan

none of this really matters.  Biden’s going to win in November, it will be full on “Morning in America”* again, MSM headlines will get a lot more cheerful, and any negative Coronavirus/economic news won’t be pinned on the White House but those darned, backwards obstructionist Republicans in Congress.  And those fifty protestors in Michigan from April.

* which is good, since I think Biden may have Sundowner’s Syndrome.

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

none of this really matters.  Biden’s going to win in November, it will be full on “Morning in America”* again, MSM headlines will get a lot more cheerful, and any negative Coronavirus/economic news won’t be pinned on the White House but those darned, backwards obstructionist Republicans in Congress.  And those fifty protestors in Michigan from April.

* which is good, since I think Biden may have Sundowner’s Syndrome.

Nice 

This is just one of Biden's foreign policy wonks showing how wrong and out of step he is. Which fits in nicely with Joe who, throughout his entire 48 year career in power, got every single major foreign policy decision wrong. Every one. 

A vote for No Chance Joe is a vote for permawar, a vote for the MiC, a vote for think tanks in DC and the "intelligentsia" of the Beltway who have proven to be wrong at every turn for decades. 

A vote for 45 is a vote to give those people who pillaged and looted our country and its allies a big FU. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Even more hilarious is that the MSM is barely covering this incredible and historic event.  I say “hilarious” but it’s sad.  But that’s what that group has become.  Sad.  

• Like (+1) 3