Warcodered

Owners to vote on Extending EA exclusive License

45 minutes ago, Capco said:

Madden 2005 was a great version of Madden.  The franchise mode was very fleshed out.  The default settings on the sliders didn't lead to very realistic games or statlines, but you could adjust the sliders accordingly to better mimic RL conditions.  It had an option for Coach Mode where you could call the plays and manage the front office if that's what you preferred.  

It does have some major pitfalls (can't trade next year's draft picks, no compensatory picks, certain positions aren't optimized for skill progression as it exists, player stat ranges from AI-generated drafts do not follow any kind of standard distribution, draft scouting does not accurately forecast player stats with any degree of reliability), but overall it's one of the best Madden's ever made.  And it was made at a time when Madden was facing competition.  Go figure.  

If you want a true football "simulation" the best game out there is probably Front Office Football.  

Is this when they still had the mini camp drills?  Those were AWESOME

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Is this when they still had the mini camp drills?  Those were AWESOME

Yep!  In Franchise mode, if you got Gold on All-Madden level, you could add 7 points to that player's attributes (lineman could improve strength or blocking, receivers could improve catching, jumping, and acceleration, etc.).  

Just now, Capco said:

Yep!  In Franchise mode, if you got Gold on All-Madden level, you could add 7 points to that player's attributes (lineman could improve strength or blocking, receivers could improve catching, jumping, and acceleration, etc.).  

That was great!  I remember building up Poz and McGahee on those drills.  So much fun.  I wanna get this going on an emulator!

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Capco said:

Madden 2005 was a great version of Madden.  The franchise mode was very fleshed out.  The default settings on the sliders didn't lead to very realistic games or statlines, but you could adjust the sliders accordingly to better mimic RL conditions.  It had an option for Coach Mode where you could call the plays and manage the front office if that's what you preferred.  

It does have some major pitfalls (can't trade next year's draft picks, no compensatory picks, certain positions aren't optimized for skill progression as it exists, player stat ranges from AI-generated drafts do not follow any kind of standard distribution, draft scouting does not accurately forecast player stats with any degree of reliability), but overall it's one of the best Madden's ever made.  And it was made at a time when Madden was facing competition.  Go figure.  

If you want a true football "simulation" the best game out there is probably Front Office Football.  

Yea, I rocked out Madden 06 for about 5+ years. Kept a journal. Loved it, have not been willing to buy a new Madden since. However, I did break down and get EA Access last week. For $30 for a year, even if I hate Madden, I can still play NHL and FIFA so I think I will be able to squeeze the $2.50 a month out of it. I think I will enjoy Madden for awhile if nothing else because of playing in HD on a huge tv will be fun, and having the current players will be cool. However, Im sure I'll be sad with Franchise mode 😕

I play MLB the Show as well, so I refuse to dive into another digital card collecting game. I grind enough in that (I dont pay extra $) so Madden will be fun (hopefully).

Just check out sloppymadden on Instagram 

the game is broken and hasn’t been good for years. They use an engine for the game that isn’t designed for sports. 

Hopefully with the new gen systems they change this if not it will not improve