Happy 22nd Birthday Tremaine Edmunds

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

So what he is the future of the MLB position

And people thought he would be a bust or average at Mike. But he just pro bowled at 21 and will be an all pro eventually. I would bank on it

he had some monster plays in that playoff game. Just one mistake where he got too deep on a 3rd and 15.  

So what he is the future of the MLB position

And people thought he would be a bust or average at Mike. But he just pro bowled at 21 and will be an all pro eventually. I would bank on it

As long as McD is HC, agree that Edmunds will be MLB on this defense.  

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Barrett Ruud? Were you a Tom Ruud fan too? He sucked so bad that there's not one picture of him in a Bills uniform on Google Image Search.

HBD T!

I'm not an old timer so I didn't know Tom... I thought it was awesome Barrett's dad played for us but always forgot to look up anything on him. Barrett was a promising LB that went the way of Kuechly before he could be on the Bills:cry:

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Maybe 10 years ago

Nowadays you put a Ray Lewis or Urlacher at MLB and he's a part time player. The game's changed

It’s not like either of them were slow. Both ran 4.5’s and had the instincts to play faster than their times. Urlacher was a beast in coverage roaming the center of that Tampa 2. In a way he was the original modern MLB. Urlacher, Willis, Kuechly. Can definitely fit Bobby Wagner in there as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It’s not like either of them were slow. Both ran 4.5’s and had the instincts to play faster than their times. Urlacher was a beast in coverage roaming the center of that Tampa 2. In a way he was the original modern MLB. Urlacher, Willis, Kuechly. Can definitely fit Bobby Wagner in there as well. 

Definitely. Urlacher WAS the original roaming modern LBr

6'5-6'6 260 with speed to go end to end

Lance Zierlien compared Edmunds to Brian

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yup. First of the modern freak athlete MLBs. Hopefully Edmunds instincts develop to that level. 

53 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is interesting to me as I never knew Urlacher was that talll. He always came across to me...on a screen at least...as a stereotypical LB of old. Nothing wrong with that, I have just...finally ...seen what is really happening for LB’s. TE is a part of that.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I hope McD finds a way to let him rush the QB more 

That's been my thought as well.

I think he can be exceptional in that role at times, but McDermott knows better than me.

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

That's been my thought as well.

I think he can be exceptional in that role at times, but McDermott knows better than me.

He certainly can be a good Blitzer up the A gap and B Gap and has showed the flash

The problem is Tremaine takes up so much space roaming the middle of the field QBs avoid him because he closes so much ground

There is a time for everything but he is a huge cog in the pass game, you can't throw over him

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TroutDog said:

This is interesting to me as I never knew Urlacher was that talll. He always came across to me...on a screen at least...as a stereotypical LB of old. Nothing wrong with that, I have just...finally ...seen what is really happening for LB’s. TE is a part of that.  

Same. I’m an Urlacher fan and Edmunds has a long way to go to be compared to him, but in terms of lateral quickness and the ability to just wipe out a bunch of seam routes I give the nod to Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

He certainly can be a good Blitzer up the A gap and B Gap and has showed the flash

The problem is Tremaine takes up so much space roaming the middle of the field QBs avoid him because he closes so much ground

There is a time for everything but he is a huge cog in the pass game, you can't throw over him

The kid does bring it all to the table.

I think now in his third year you will see him force a few turnovers.