NFL: "We Plan to Start on Time" - 17-Week Schedules to Be Released Thursday, 8pm ET on NFL Network

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29126378/nfl-set-release-full-17-week-schedule-next-week-league-spokesman-says

The league will release its 2020 schedule late next week without any major changes, league spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed -- including a Sept. 10 opener, the Super Bowl on Feb. 7 and visions of fans in the stands.

"We plan to start on time," McCarthy said.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported in mid-April that the league planned to release its schedule, based on a full season, by May 9. NFL executive vice president Troy Vincent told The Associated Press this week that the league is doing "reasonable and responsible planning" regarding health and safety during the coronavirus pandemic.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

Well, “planning to start on time” and actually doing so may be different things, sure hope this works out for the season, but I do have my doubts.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

What’s he supposed to say?  “Uh, yeah...we are planning to start on time, but let’s be real...we likely will have a shortened season if we have one at all.”  ? 

Go get an edible and lighten up, Francis!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Wow 1 thing of good news to look forward to

Than the board melt down of how many teams we play after there buys and west coast trips

And the we never beet the Raiders on the west coast

Buffalo won at Oakland in 1961, 1962, 1965, and 1966. They also won at Los Angeles in 1992.

Edited by Jim_Kelly_Holcomb

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

I've thought they would start on time all along and I still do. I just don't think we'll have fans in the stands at first.

I think they'll start late (weeks, not months), play a full season and have no fans until next season.

If we didn’t have vaccine pushing Fauci, they could cut attendance to 50% and put other safe practices in place. Play all games in sunlight, require masks, sanitizing stations, it’s doable for those who don’t mind the risk. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not happening guys. I'm not sure why anyone wants football with no fans anyways. I'm hoping they postpone the start of the season.

My guess is an October start. NBA possibly starting in December. I think the NFL should consider starting in December.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

They will release a 17 game schedule, but make no mistake ; they have a backup plan. Maybe a backup after that, too. What will eventually happen is ( in my opinion) the NFL will use about a dozen or so stadiums in a few southern states. Teams will stay in hotels for the duration of the season. Perhaps the season will  be abbreviated, but not necessarily. The players union will have to sign off on it, but the alternative is no one makes any money. So it will pass, as these players won’t make up a lost year. Fans may even be allowed, depending on localities. Not sure how they will determine which is the “ home “ team, but it’s not that relevant. Everything comes down to having a product for live TV, and billions of dollars are at stake.  I heard Marcellus Wiley on WGR last week and he made a reference to hearing talk of this kind of a scenario, though he didn’t name a source. I wasn’t surprised, as I’ve thought such a solution would be workable. There will be live NFL football in 2020, but I doubt any schedule released in May will be adhered to. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not happening guys. I'm not sure why anyone wants football with no fans anyways. I'm hoping they postpone the start of the season.

My guess is an October start. NBA possibly starting in December. I think the NFL should consider starting in December.

Lol at the idea of bills games in January and February. Or Green Bay.