NFL: "We Plan to Start on Time" - 17-Week Schedules to Be Released Thursday, 8pm ET on NFL Network

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

"I’m almost certain it will come back. The virus is so transmissible and it’s globally spread,” Fauci said, 

it will be interesting to see if he changes this position due to the relaxation of coronavirus restrictions in many states.

Perhaps that was based on an assumption of tighter lockdowns & distancing. With relaxation, maybe the C19 downward trends represent a slowly declining plateau rather than a bell curve for the initial wave. Thus, there might not be a second wave.

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I guess it depends upon what you look at when you read?  Bottom link (The Hill):

“In my mind, it’s inevitable that we will have a return of the virus or maybe it never went away,” he added. 

Don't have time to listen to the Bloomburg interview, and don't do Fox, sorry.

I mean, I think overall Fauci believes that covid-19 will be seasonal because influenza is seasonal, but all the experts (including Fauci) acknowledge that there are emerging significant differences in covid-19 transmission patterns vs. flu transmission patterns (duration of presymptomatic period, number of asymptomatic but infectious people, etc) and that evidence of seasonality in this type of coronaviruses is slight.

Maybe we'll get super-lucky and it'll do a SARS on us, but the differences between covid-19 and SARS transmission suggest we not bet the rent

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe we'll get super-lucky and it'll do a SARS on us, but the differences between covid-19 and SARS transmission suggest we not bet the rent

Please 'splain.

All the gloom and doom posters, let me guess MSNBC, CNN, and the New York Times have made you all experts?

Good for the NFL on planning to start on time. We need more people planning on things getting back to normal and less fear based over reaction. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

All the gloom and doom posters, let me guess MSNBC, CNN, and the New York Times have made you all experts?

Good for the NFL on planning to start on time. We need more people planning on things getting back to normal and less fear based over reaction. 

Only listening to Fox News qualifies you to be an expert on COVID, everybody knows that.

• Thank you (+1) 4

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This thread is quickly getting off topic so this is my last post on the subject. I highly recommend you read this article to see the consequences of that decision:

https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-coronavirus-rate-1501250

As for the topic at hand... there is practically no chance the NFL will have a season with fans in the stands. But I still believe they will find a way to have some kind of season. There's too much money at stake for everyone involved. The NFL is creative, they'll figure something out. I can envision games played at a few select empty stadiums where the "home" team has virtual fans that show up on the jumbotron. The NFL should talk to Atlanta to see about pumping noise into the stadiums.

The death rate is impossible to know unless widespread testing is completed. As several studies around our own country have shown, the infection rate is 50 times greater than the known infections. The rate in Sweden will not vary much from ours which is in itself over inflated due to the bogus change in the way the CDC has told Dr’s how to classify deaths. Sweden is trying to get immunity for all the healthy people so the older an those with co morbidities are surrounded by people that can’t spread the disease. If it works it’s a great plan, they didn’t destroy their economy as we did. Our plan doesn’t stop the death, it just spreads it out. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

What is Michigan doing that NY hasn't done?  What did I miss?

Anyway, it's not surprising.  Universities are coming out now saying they are planning full Fall semester on time.

My spouse and I both teach some classes to two different large universities in addition to our regular jobs and though the are planning for a full fall semester, they are also planning for 100% remote instruction and several ideas in between those two extremes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Only listening to Fox News qualifies you to be an expert on COVID, everybody knows that.

Absolutely not. But none of you here have a clue. Trying to pretend like you do is foolish. Why not think positive? You can always be upset if football isn’t being played in the fall. You can tell us all you were right. Me, I won’t care if I was right I will be cheering the Bills on. 

39 minutes ago, Mickey said:

My spouse and I both teach some classes to two different large universities in addition to our regular jobs and though the are planning for a full fall semester, they are also planning for 100% remote instruction and several ideas in between those two extremes. 

University of Rochester announced yesterday they would be welcoming students as usual this Fall.  

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

No. That's such BS also. When this started, before any shutdown people that minimized COVID-19 told me until Dr. Fauci says we have a problem then we don't have a problem. This was when Trump was saying it would magically disappear. Then Fauci started saying we're in trouble unless we social distance.

I don't play the game of going back and forth. I'm listening to Fauci over everyone else. That's what Fox News was saying before we shut down. Fauci is the man. Then he started saying things they didn't like.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No. That's such BS also. When this started, before any shutdown people that minimized COVID-19 told me until Dr. Fauci says we have a problem then we don't have a problem. This was when Trump was saying it would magically disappear. Then Fauci started saying we're in trouble unless we social distance.

I don't play the game of going back and forth. I'm listening to Fauci over everyone else. 

You have been very consistent with your opinion. I have seen you more than a few times side with the ‘we won’t get back to normal this year’ crowd. Feel feee to keep sharing. That’s what beautiful about this country. I don’t dislike you. In fact we both cheer for something I care a lot about, the Bills. I just will keep thinking things are going to get back to normal sooner than later because it means life is better for a lot of us.

Go Bills.

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You have been very consistent with your opinion. I have seen you more than a few times side with the ‘we won’t get back to normal this year’ crowd. Feel feee to keep sharing. That’s what beautiful about this country. I don’t dislike you. In fact we both cheer for something I care a lot about, the Bills. I just will keep thinking things are going to get back to normal sooner than later because it means life is better for a lot of us.

Go Bills.

All I'm doing is listening to the guy people told me to listen to. I don't think Fauci is lying to us, why would he?

14 minutes ago, Process said:

Watch, bills will finally get multiple home prime time games and fans won't be allowed to attend.

Exactly. What's wrong with postponing the start of the season? I don't know why people would rather just play games? Bills fans impact home games I believe. This is supposed to be a special season. I don't want anything to mess it up. 

I'm not afraid of COVID-19, even though I do have a family member quarantined with it right now. She's doing well by the way. I just want NFL as normal as possible. 

everyone want to talk about the schedule and not Covid-19?   this is turning into the espn draft coverage!  

how about this:   will the bills have more Monday or Sunday night games?  More home or away?

as an out of town fan I hope more are away, but a Sun night fame in Buffalo would be fun. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All I'm doing is listening to the guy people told me to listen to. I don't think Fauci is lying to us, why would he?

I don’t think he’s lying either. But he’s flying blind a little bit to through this whole thing too. I think that’s kind of inherent to the situation, right? I don’t think anyone can reasonably say they know what things are going to look like 4 months from now. If they do, I’ll gladly accept some powerball numbers! 

Maybe it's been floated here already, but I haven't heard much talk about condensing the schedule via: eliminating inter-conference games.

Seems like the no-brainer way to build-in flexibility to the 2020 schedule, reduce travel, and maintain competitive integrity. 

Plus, who wants to play the NFCW anyways?