How will it affect Phish having right & left handed QBs?

It is a shortened off-season and their draft pick maybe coming into camp (if they have one) with bandages still on.

With the number of injuries draftee had Tua Tagovailoa I doubt he can take away starting job from Fitzpatrick and I do not think Wrong Josh will get a chance. 

The Phish offense will need to adjust to having a right handed starter and a left handed backup.  

Steve Young, Mark Brunell and Boomer Esiason were south-paws but naturals.  So was Vick but I do think Tua is much like Vick.

I think what happened with Boomer Esiason is closest example.  A veteran right handed QB entrenched as starter and loses position to injury.

Steve Young sat on bench for years after USFL, bust in Tampa Bay and then backup in SF before career taking off.

Mark Brunell wandered the NFL for a while before doing much.

The issue is I do not think the offense will be able to adjust quickly to a left handed QB especially Chan Gailey's offenses which seem to be designed to create spaces.

There is also difference in that Tua appears to be a running type of QB as opposed to a pocket QB like Fitzpatrick and offense lines need to adjust to running QBs or get penalized  a lot.

It's the pass catchers who have to adjust due to the ball spinning the opposite direction, but that's probably not too difficult to do. Not sure if handoffs are opposite as well, but really I don't think anything will be a significant problem for them.

• Like (+1) 1

Brunell didn't wander until late in his career.  He was drafted by GB, sat behind Favre for 2 years, got traded to Jacksonville & became entrenched as their starter for years.  

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t forget Dollar Tree Josh. He’s still there.

Not For Long.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

As long as Trey Anastasio stays off the junk they should be fine.

I'll just leave this here, cause that left hand is nasty good (the solo is pretty unreal):

Edited by HardyBoy

I don’t think it will be big deal as Fitz should start as he is used to getting thrown into it, and with the lack or absence of practice and training camp, he’s the logical choice.  Once Tua gets enough practices under his belt, and ensure he is 100% healed as monitored by their team physicians, he’ll eventually get the nod.  I wouldn’t doubt it if Fitzy starts the first 6 games.  Maybe less, maybe more, but even a healthy Burrow will struggle being a rookie QB and a lack of OTA’s and probably an abridged training camp.

I’m not the only saying it, as I could swear I’ve heard just about every NFL analyst on NFLR and even WGR say the same thing.

when watching the Tua workout tape the one thing that stood-out to me scouting from my couch was which his lack of height-size, listed at 6-1, 218..same can said of Baker Mayfield who is the same height and weight...phish were drafting a QB at 5 no matter and he gets a year to develop, glad they did not get one of the top receivers but they are likely going to with the NE approach