Draft Rumors 1 week out

53 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

FWIW

The Lions are a tire fire of an organization and Matt Patricia is an awful HC who will likely be gone after this year, IMO.  So, if this trade were to actually happen, Belichick would get his franchise QB and then bring back Patricia at year's end to suckle at his teat once more. The talking heads would laud him as a genius and shove "The Patriot* Way" down our throats ad nauseam. Good times. :devil:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

The Lions are a tire fire of an organization and Matt Patricia is an awful HC who will likely be gone after this year, IMO.  So, if this trade were to actually happen, Belichick would get his franchise QB and then bring back Patricia at year's end to suckle at his teat once more. The talking heads would laud him as a genius and shove "The Patriot* Way" down our throats ad nauseam. Good times. :devil:

Patricia trades the Cheaters the 3rd overall, they take Tua and then after Patricia is fired, he is named HC of the Cheaters.  4D chess.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Patricia trades the Cheaters the 3rd overall, they take Tua and then after Patricia is fired, he is named HC of the Cheaters.  4D chess.

That is much more palatable than the tongue-in-cheek narrative I created. Patricia has proven to be less than a stellar HC and, if he takes over in NE*, that's not a scenario that worries me. Plus, Patricia might get punched in the face by Josh McDaniels, if 'the chosen one' isn't appointed HC. ?

On 4/16/2020 at 4:08 PM, Dr. Who said:

If there are children involved, I hope there was a prenuptial agreement they'll be raised Bills' fans.

? Like I said married in! And we all have fun with it! My wife is a Lions/Tigers/Wings fan but cheers for Buffalo whenever we arent playing each other. The children are Bills/Sabres fans (I gave mom Michigan even though I'm a Syracuse fan).  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/16/2020 at 12:34 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s what I believe too and the @thebandit27 point Miller always has bad rumors. He’s a good scout but bad on this stuff. I kind of feel the same way on the Herbert to Miami smoke out there now. That has to be for Tua to slide, no?

Could be, but most of the guys have said the same thing including Schefter. Allbright, who I think had shown to be pretty credible on this stuff, does think Miami takes Tua but said that some teams just don’t like tua. He said there is a giant schism in the league over him. Some teams see him as “more brittle than Pat White” while others see him as the next Steve Young. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Could be, but most of the guys have said the same thing including Schefter. Allbright, who I think had shown to be pretty credible on this stuff, does think Miami takes Tua but said that some teams just don’t like tua. He said there is a giant schism in the league over him. Some teams see him as “more brittle than Pat White” while others see him as the next Steve Young. 

He'll probably play like the next Steve Young, until he gets hurt like Pat White.

16 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I do believe the Pats are going to pull something off to get a quarterback.

I can’t see them handing the reins over to Jarret Stidham, Jordan Love might make sense for them at their draft slot. 

5 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I do believe the Pats are going to pull something off to get a quarterback.

It takes two to tango. Thankfully not every GM is a pure idiot like Bill O’Brien. The only thing I’d value the Pats have are draft picks. Even those are limited. No cap room and an aging, uninspiring roster. Even if they dangled Gilmore, that’s a CB on a big contract. Hardly the centerpiece for a QB. I think their biggest splash possibility is cutting a bunch of people and signing Cam Newton. But that’s further thinning an already unimpressive roster. 

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

a trade back from 3 to 23 would be what...this years 1, 2,  next years 1, 2 and a 1st after that as well?  if they get a hof'er it is worth it

I think last time I did the math on draft values it might take even more than that based on the average slot the Pats pick from.  It was something like 4 first rounders to make the jump, not even accounting for future picks being worth less.

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I think last time I did the math on draft values it might take even more than that based on the average slot the Pats pick from.  It was something like 4 first rounders to make the jump, not even accounting for future picks being worth less.

i was just guessing. Has there ever been that big of a trade? Even the Ricky Williams trade wasn’t that big