McCaffrey Signs 4 Years 64 Million

This is not just about what the player is worth as a RB. He is a pretty decent WR too. And, he is not just being paid for his worth on the field. McCaffrey is the face of the franchise going forward (even more than the QB) - and is being paid accordingly. Actually, a very very smart play by Carolina.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Geez.  He’s amazing.  I think he’s better than Barkley....but I think they should’ve traded him

I had the number one pick in my fantasy draft last year and all the experts said Barkley ... fool that I was, I listened instead of going with that voice in my head telling me that CMC is the man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

This is not just about what the player is worth as a RB. He is a pretty decent WR too. And, he is not just being paid for his worth on the field. McCaffrey is the face of the franchise going forward (even more than the QB) - and is being paid accordingly. Actually, a very very smart play by Carolina.

I agree. He got what leveon bell wanted with the RB/WR price tag but was smart enough not to screw it up. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He deserves it, best fantasy player ever 

I'd still go LT 2006.  

As for the contract - his yards per touch is in line with peak LT.  I don't think he'll maintain that, but assuming healthy - he's going to be a 300-400 touch type of player. 

He's the best running back in the NFL currently - and should be getting 1000 on the ground and another 1000 in the air.  So i would assume this takes place after this upcoming year.  Takes him through age 28 then.  

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. He got what leveon bell wanted with the RB/WR price tag but was smart enough not to screw it up. 

He's also better than Bell.  Bell was also tagged so i feel like negotiations were never smooth.  He got a bit more than David Johnson did on his extension, plus the extra year... and we all see how that worked out ?.