Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Holy cow.  Now the virus is trying to repeal the second amendment. 

there can be only one solution.  It is time to shoot the virus. Watch out, covid-19.  Gun owners across America are coming for you. 

Um every topic, story, post, tweet etc is not about Covid-19 these days. It may seem that way but it’s not. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

“I like people who don’t get shot down.”

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

“I like people who don’t get shot down.”

I always thought that was a horrible thing to say, in spite of the political bombs  they tossed back and forth. McCain’s record was that of a political insider for several decades. At the same time, I thought McCains’s failure to engage in any meaningful resolution on border security with his associates across the aisle directly lead to the victimization of an untold number of people on both sides of the border. 

On balance, I thought McCain’s actions were far more reprehensible, and that’s simply one of the issues that I considered with respect to that sad debacle, both before and after the comment.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Um every topic, story, post, tweet etc is not about Covid-19 these days. It may seem that way but it’s not. 

Context is important.  The “liberate” tweets were made re a group of states with dem governors and meaningful pandemic restrictions that also happen to be swing states.  The 2A reference is nothing more than an attempt to inflame. 

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Cool story, bro.  It’s time to shoot covid-19.  You know, the virus. Read the first paragraph of what you quoted. 

i read your post and it is very clear.

first you call the President the virus then you say it's time to shoot the virus. not much ambiguity there, pal.

again, advocating for the assassination of the president is a crime. i'd be careful if i were you.

ETA: two sentences split by a tweet, doth not make a paragraph.

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

he added the last two sentences after i called him out. had second thoughts and removed the edit because i caught him.

Edited by Foxx

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Context is important.  The “liberate” tweets were made re a group of states with dem governors and meaningful pandemic restrictions that also happen to be swing states.  The 2A reference is nothing more than an attempt to inflame. 

What do paint, fishing, seeds and staying at your cottage all have in common?

11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i read your post and it is very clear.

first you call the President the virus then you say it's time to shoot the virus. not much ambiguity there, pal.

again, advocating for the assassination of the president is a crime. i'd be careful if i were you.

ETA: two sentences split by a tweet, doth not make a paragraph.

he added the last two sentences after i called him out. had second thoughts and removed the edit because i caught him.

You're trying way too hard this morning.  By your logic, then Trump is trying to repeal the Second Amendment?  I don't follow. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

What do paint, fishing, seeds and staying at your cottage all have in common?

Cliff from Cheers would say that none of those things have been in my kitchen.  

Not sure where you're going with this, but enlighten me. 

Edited by SectionC3

49 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Doc, I for one appreciate your contributions here and consider you an excellent long-term poster. The influx of idiots here who obviously have shown up because it's a political year, along with the fact that we are in a crisis situation that they hope to exploit won't last forever. It will be a pleasure to see them leave with their tails between their legs, again. 

scared-subordinate-wolf-running-off-in-the-snow-showing-submissive-cthfft.jpg

How many years have I been hearing this? ? Big, bad, PPP! ?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I always thought that was a horrible thing to say, in spite of the political bombs  they tossed back and forth. McCain’s record was that of a political insider for several decades. At the same time, I thought McCains’s failure to engage in any meaningful resolution on border security with his associates across the aisle directly lead to the victimization of an untold number of people on both sides of the border. 

On balance, I thought McCain’s actions were far more reprehensible, and that’s simply one of the issues that I considered with respect to that sad debacle, both before and after the comment.

This is somewhat fair.  I appreciate the candor.  It's OK to disagree on the merits all day long, and if someone wants to disagree with McCain on the merits, that's great.  The "shot down" incident occurred long before the merits issues arose, and really should have been off limits.  I appreciate the honesty in acknowledging that it was something that shouldn't have been said. 

And I'll add, I appreciate the disagreement on the merits here. I've hung around because I'm learning some things.  And that's good.  It's how America is supposed to work. 

Edited by SectionC3

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You're trying way too hard this morning.  By your logic, then Trump is trying to repeal the Second Amendment?  I don't follow. 

Cliff from Cheers would say that none of those things have been in my kitchen.  

Not sure where you're going with this, but enlighten me. 

The Michigan governor has restricted certain items from being sold. You cannot go into a store in MI and purchase seeds to start your garden or paint to spruce up a room in your house while being restricted to home. If you have a 2nd home in MI you cannot stay at it. Non residents aren't restricted from doing so. You can't fish out of a motor boat but you can do so from a canoe. You can purchase lottery tickets and weed though. 

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Michigan governor has restricted certain items from being sold. You cannot go into a store in MI and purchase seeds to start your garden or paint to spruce up a room in your house while being restricted to home. If you have a 2nd home in MI you cannot stay at it. Non residents aren't restricted from doing so. You can't fish out of a motor boat but you can do so from a canoe. You can purchase lottery tickets and weed though. 

Fair points.  But what about Virginia?

And, I'll add, what does that have to do with the 2A?  You'll probably get to inability purchase guns/ammo.  I think the analyses probably are separate for those two things, but assuming they're not I suspect that the shutdown probably wouldn't infringe upon the 2A because there is a legitimate government purpose underlying the closures (it's been awhile since I took Con Law in law school; not my area). 

Edited by SectionC3

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Fair points.  But what about Virginia?

You mean the state/governor that came out in April and extended the shutdown to the day after the primary? If I remember correctly it was until June 15th. I haven't paid a lot of attention to VA, knowing that their governor is a way over the line liberal and has enough support in the legislature to turn it into another California. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You mean the state/governor that came out in April and extended the shutdown to the day after the primary? If I remember correctly it was until June 15th. I haven't paid a lot of attention to VA, knowing that their governor is a way over the line liberal and has enough support in the legislature to turn it into another California. 

I'm not familiar with the duration of the shutdown there, but I'm not doubting what you say.  Point remains, though, what's the impact on the 2A?  And why inject that issue into a conversation this public health crisis if you're the president?  I just don't see any intent other than to inflame.  

Edited by SectionC3

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I'm not familiar with the duration of the shutdown there, but I'm not doubting what you say.  Point remains, though, what's the impact on the 2A?  And why inject that issue into a conversation this public health crisis if you're the president?  I just don't see any intent other than to inflame.  

Don't ask me to argue something that I just haven't paid enough attention to. There's only so much time in the day. Maybe you might want to go to the "guns" thread and find someone there to discuss this. 

31 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This is somewhat fair.  I appreciate the candor.  It's OK to disagree on the merits all day long, and if someone wants to disagree with McCain on the merits, that's great.  The "shot down" incident occurred long before the merits issues arose, and really should have been off limits.  I appreciate the honesty in acknowledging that it was something that shouldn't have been said. 

Nothing is off limits beyond what hurts a candidate at the ballot box. Those rules haven’t applied for as long as I can recall. Tax cheat. Bigot,. Racist. Want grandma to die. High school rapist and head conductor on a g-d rape train.  Angry people clinging to guns and religions. Hell, according to one recent candidate for the highest office in the land, there are tens of millions of people that are so depraved they are beyond all hope of enlightenment, societally speaking.  While that’s frightening in a Pol Pot sort of way—-tens,  of millions of Americans agreed with her, and elected her Prom Queen.  Where does that lead? 

John McCain himself referred to Trump supporters as “crazies”. I took that personally, especially in light of his cozy relationship with Ted Kennedy, the lion of the senate with oodles of figurative skeletons in his closet, and one real one in an Olds 88. Amazing what people can live with when money and limitless power are in play. 

I thank God for the gift of reason and opposable thumbs. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

37 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You're trying way too hard this morning.  By your logic, then Trump is trying to repeal the Second Amendment?  I don't follow. ...

alright. having had time to get some coffee in me, i see i interpreted it wrong. my bad, apologies.

• Like (+1) 2

BTW, the Michigan governor has restricted landscaping services from mowing lawns, etc. You can do your own, but what if you are unable to? In addition, what happens when the restrictions are lifted and the grass is a foot tall and the leftover leaves are buried in that grass? I heard on tv that some municipalities were already fining people for unkempt lawns. It seems a little early for that but not a lot of thishit makes sense anyway. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

BTW, the Michigan governor has restricted landscaping services from mowing lawns, etc. You can do your own, but what if you are unable to? In addition, what happens when the restrictions are lifted and the grass is a foot tall and the leftover leaves are buried in that grass? I heard on tv that some municipalities were already fining people for unkempt lawns. It seems a little early for that but not a lot of thishit makes sense anyway. 

My brother owns a landscaping business and he’s our mowing.  I guess you can still cut grass in NY you just can’t smoke it. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

My brother owns a landscaping business and he’s our mowing.  I guess you can still cut grass in NY you just can’t smoke it. 

Here in NYS people are mowing the snow or the standing water. What happened in MI is they shut down all of the lawncare/garden stores and landscaping. The stand alone garden stores bitchedabout the fact that the big box stores could still sell garden stuff. So, instead of thinking it through they had the big box stores rope off their garden sections. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Here in NYS people are mowing the snow or the standing water. What happened in MI is they shut down all of the lawncare/garden stores and landscaping. The stand alone garden stores bitchedabout the fact that the big box stores could still sell garden stuff. So, instead of thinking it through they had the big box stores rope off their garden sections. 

you still can here in NYS. just went out and bought seeds yesterday. they were available at Walmart, Country Max, Lowe's and Home Depot. though Home Depot has now implemented a 'customers per square footage' policy, first i have seen here in Henrietta.

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

you still can here in Rochester. just went out and bought seeds yesterday. they were available at Walmart, Country Max, Lowe's and Home Depot. though Home Depot has now implemented a 'customers per square footage' policy, first i have seen here in Henrietta.

I was strictly referring to Michigan. Other states have done other stupid things. I haven't found anything here in NYS that I couldn't buy other than occasional shortages. 

....so rewinding the clock back to 2016 and totally eliminating Trump from the picture, who would be THE leader of choice regardless of party affiliation to be leading this pandemic crisis today?.....thread claims "terrible job", so who is the choice to have done a helluva lot better?....

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so rewinding the clock back to 2016 and totally eliminating Trump from the picture, who would be THE leader of choice regardless of party affiliation to be leading this pandemic crisis today?.....thread claims "terrible job", so who is the choice to have done a helluva lot better?....

But that would require people to stop bitching and come up with ideas or alternatives. 

But politicians are so full of it it’s hard to say who’d be a good leader in a situation like this. Hell its hard to think of any politician that is a great leader. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But that would require people to stop bitching and come up with ideas or alternatives

But politicians are so full of it it’s hard to say who’d be a good leader in a situation like this. Hell its hard to think of any politician that is a great leader. 

...SLAM DUNK right there my friend......."always attack but never defend" is MUCH easier......asking people to THINK is non-sequitor.............

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...SLAM DUNK right there my friend......."always attack but never defend" is MUCH easier......asking people to THINK is non-sequitor.............

Like how Trump attacks Obamacare but has no alternative? Like that? 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The only other choice was Hilly.  Anyone think she would have done a better job?

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Like how Trump attacks Obamacare but has no alternative? Like that? 

...you mean HillaryCare rolled out by the puppetized Obama I assume......

Just now, Doc said:

The only other choice was Hilly.  Anyone think she would have done a better job?

...depends on the size of your contribution to "The Foundation" I think...............

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you mean HillaryCare rolled out by the puppetized Obama I assume...... 

No, how Trump is trying to kill health insurance for 30 million people with no plan to do anything about it. Just like you said. 

Just admit it 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

No, how Trump is trying to kill health insurance for 30 million people with no plan to do anything about it. Just like you said. 

Just admit it 

....admit what?....facts always escape you..........

The Uninsured and the ACA: A Primer - Key Facts about Health Insurance and the Uninsured amidst Changes to the Affordable Care Act

Rachel Garfield Follow @RachelLGarfield on Twitter , Kendal Orgera, and Anthony Damico
Published: Jan 25, 2019

"However, for the first time since the implementation of the ACA, the number of people remaining without coverage increased by half a million in 2017, reaching 27.4 million."

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....admit what?....facts always escape you..........

The Uninsured and the ACA: A Primer - Key Facts about Health Insurance and the Uninsured amidst Changes to the Affordable Care Act

Rachel Garfield Follow @RachelLGarfield on Twitter , Kendal Orgera, and Anthony Damico
Published: Jan 25, 2019

"However, for the first time since the implementation of the ACA, the number of people remaining without coverage increased by half a million in 2017, reaching 27.4 million."

He yells about it, complains about and wants to kill it, but has no plan himself. That’s just what you were complaint about, but won’t admit it. 

?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then let's hear YOUR plan..........

You're the one criticizing the ACA.  By your own logic,

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

you're the one who needs to THINK about an alternative instead of just attacking.

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

there can be only one solution.  It is time to shoot the virus.

It's not the virus who is trying to repeal the second amendment which is the issue. It's that governors (largely blue ones) are taking advantage of this lock down to enact measures they otherwise could not pass. Things that chip away at our liberties and rights. 

You may not see that as a problem, but millions do. 

What I take from this post is you learned nothing from 2001. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

there can be only one solution.  It is time to shoot the virus.

So disgusting to see the President himself doing this *****. It's horrible to watch and people are falling for it. 

If a democrat tweeted this the extremists would say they are trying to create a riot.

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Like (+1) 2