Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes it would be far better if the citizenry would just be willing to quietly starve to death huddled in their homes waiting patiently for the government truck to come round with their ration of cheese. 

Yeah, because that's what's happening...

What does the scenario of opening before it's safe and reigniting the pandemic look like for all of the these starving, impoverished, bored people?

4 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Yeah, because that's what's happening...

What does the scenario of opening before it's safe and reigniting the pandemic look like for all of the these starving, impoverished, bored people?

You think my many unemployed friends need to go back to work because they’re BORED? Yes, I’m sure you’re right. They were all working last month because they’d run out of crossword puzzles. The level of unawareness is stunning.

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But, for some reason, you and Gene felt it necessary to go On about paranoia last night. And that is why, if you don’t feel foolish, you should. 

That is the problem with pointing fingers at people without knowing anything about their lives. 

You explained your situation and I can see why you made that choice, given where you were living. I might do the same in that situation. Don't take things so personally. I even cited the idea of locale in my post, though I (now correctly) assumed that you live in a low crime neighborhood, at least with respect to violent crime.

Still, there are many, many folks all over the map who use the same exact reasoning with no basis for it at all. It's the most common answer given always.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You think my many unemployed friends need to go back to work because they’re BORED? Yes, I’m sure you’re right. They were all working last month because they’d run out of crossword puzzles. The level of unawareness is stunning.

Hoax.  Your many unemployed friends probably do need to go back to work.  But surely there are others who want to go back to work and who want to reopen the economy for different reasons.  More fake logic from fake news SoCal Deek. 

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

No more sarcasm here on my part.  Some of them are struggling, no doubt.  Some of them are bored.  Some are desperate.  Some don't believe the science.  And some are duped by the President.  There's no one-size fits all answer.

And there's no perfect answer to the horrible problems that we face as a country.   On my end, the smart money says that we have to hang tight for a little while longer for both the greater good and the long-term good.  But I get the struggle, I honestly do, and I get the frustration of those who are watching retirement savings evaporate and debt mount.  It's horrible.  

Tell that to my daughters best friend and her husband who’re five months pregnant and need the jobs to pay for expenses! I’ll let her know you said for her to ‘hang on a little while longer’ while we kill off her job for good. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tell that to my daughters best friend and her husband who’re five months pregnant and need the jobs to pay for expenses! I’ll let her know you said for her to ‘hang on a little while longer’ while we kill off her job for good. 

I wish they had access to universal health care.

2 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

You explained your situation and I can see why you made that choice, given where you were living. I might do the same in that situation. Don't take things so personally. I even cited the idea of locale in my post, though I (now correctly) assumed that you live in a low crime neighborhood, at least with respect to violent crime.

Still, there are many, many folks all over the map who use the same exact reasoning with no basis for it at all. It's the most common answer given always.

Why do you think the second amendment is part of the Bill of Rights?

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fake logic.  If we reopen prematurely we run the very real risk of killing off the business so there's no job in a couple of months. 

Edited by SectionC3

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Isn't the cheese bus coming by to meet their needs?

Times are tough right now. They may get a lot tougher for everyone if idiots rule the day. Suck it up and do what needs to be done. The rest of us are. It's all crap. They think they're being patriotic, but they're unknowingly acting against their own self interest. What a ***** surprise!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake logic.  If we reopen prematurely and run the very real risk of killing off the business so there's no job in a couple of months. 

Yes, I’m sure everyone who ever started a business said to themselves, ‘I’d better wait until there’s no risk’. As a business owner, you have no idea how many risks I take every day. This virus is WAY DOWN the list.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, I’m sure everyone who ever started a business said to themselves, ‘I’d better wait until there’s no risk’. As a business owner, you have no idea how many risks I take every day. This virus is WAY DOWN the list.

But for customers of many, and dare I say most, small businesses in this country, virus is at or near the top of the list of risks.  More fake logic on your end. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

What? You believe the biggest expense in have a child is the delivery itself? You obviously don’t have children! 

I wish they had access to affordable child care too - I'm glad we're in the same corner on these things.

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

I wish they had access to affordable child care too - I'm glad we're in the same corner on these things.

I wish everyone had access to affordable everything...but I’m an adult and realize that’s not possible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Why was that necessary?

Well-armed militia.  I got this one.  And to the framers, well-armed militia meant the possession of muskets and like instruments.  Enjoy your textualist approach to the Constitution. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Well-armed militia.  I got this one.  And to the framers, well-armed militia meant the possession of muskets and like instruments.  Enjoy your textualist approach to the Constitution. 

Yes because the framers were very much living in the moment.  They gave no thought at all to the past or the future while framing.  

15 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

So many many people state part of  the reason for the Second Amendment is not for themselves but so people who live in high crime areas, such as Oakland, can protect themselves?  That was a real concern when I lived there. 

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Yes because the framers were very much living in the moment.  They gave no thought at all to the past or the future while framing.  

Tell that to all of the folks who complain about the constitutional protections for abortion. The penumbra apparently applies to the 2A, but not elsewhere. 

25 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Guns are great but they're not going to save my life and anybody holding onto a gun thinking it's going to save their life is living in a fantasy world. 

This woman might disagree with you.

https://disrn.com/news/65-year-old-tx-woman-shoots-home-invader-dead-after-he-choked-her-73-year-old-husband-unconscious

8 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I provided links and another poster provided the second part up-thread.

I just want to add that, in my opinion, the problem is, as many here are often eager to point out, the media. Many of these crimes, just like child abductions and other evil schitt are sensationalized in the media and dominate news cycles because that leads to clicks. You see it all the time, but it doesn't happen very often at all. I was surprised by the numbers as well. I did assume that the numbers would be relatively low, but not that low.

Yes, this was one of your links:

2015: 102 Burglary Homocides

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/expanded_homicide_data_table_10_murder_circumstances_by_relationship_2015.xls

Pretty slick. Did you actually think you could get that one by me? Of course there won't be as many homos killed in a burglary as normal people. Did you count how many of them got slapped to death? Your long term absence has affected your posting skills. While you never were the best, at least you used to be able to keep up with Crayonz. Not to upset your self of steam but you might need to get yourself some Super Beets and Ginkgo Biloba in order to keep up with the rest of us. Just stay away from TH3's magical elixir that not only kills all viruses but can put a really nice shine on the glass walls of an aquarium. 

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why do you think the second amendment is part of the Bill of Rights?

So that you could sport your "Sun's Out, Gun's Out" tank top and show off all that hard work?

Or was it to protect my family from home invaders?

Actually, I believe it was so that the militia could be called upon to defend the country in times of need.  Totally relevant today.

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

The point is that you’re more likely to die from dietary excess than you are in a burglary.  So if you’re that concerned about personal protection you should be as animated about vegetables as you are firearms.  

How likely are you to die from a mass shooting with an assault weapon?

57 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So many many people state part of  the reason for the Second Amendment is not for themselves but so people who live in high crime areas, such as Oakland, can protect themselves?  That was a real concern when I lived there. 

Living in Oakland doesn't really change your odds of getting killed by an intruder much at all, even if it makes you feel better.  Like I said, I might do the same in that situation, but the stats are the stats dude.

34 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Nice - my wife gets AD in the mail every month.

I own a seasonal business that luckily allows me to live above my means. 

Very nice! By the way, architects don’t read AD....but I’m glad she’s interested none the less. Stay safe