Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nobody is against protection.  Others have pointed out that you should be equally wary of statically greater danger, like red meat or maybe sugar.  

Also, perhaps I’m not as familiar with the message board experience as are you, but my understating is that name calling is not a way to foster conversation.  That said, I still don’t know what youre here for, so it may be that this is simply an outlet for your anger and paranoia and that name calling is a healthy exercise for you.  In that case I’m happy to be here to contribute to your fight against heart disease and other silent killers.  

So you’re not against protection but someone who protects themselves is paranoid?  Got it. 

Because there are dangers greater than being attacked in my home means I’m not concerned about those dangers?  Got it. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So you’re not against protection but someone who protects themselves is paranoid?  Got it. 

Because there are dangers greater than being attacked in my home means I’m not concerned about those dangers?  Got it. 

It would be healthiest to approach all threats with the same verve.  Got a steak in the freezer? Get it to the trash.  Replace it with a green vegetable.  That’s the threat in your home tonight.  

Edited by SectionC3

6 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

A bit. Why move there if that's your fear?

Edit: I'm not looking to offend you, just to converse.

Job and affordability. Doubled the value and moved to a very safe part of OC and the guns stay locked up. But this is not all about me. How about others that still live in that neighborhood where they work and raise their families. In a city that has rampant crime?  They are not protected by those that they pay so protect and serve so is it not in their best interest to protect themselves?  And this is a neighborhood of $1m homes. It’s a shopping mall for burglars. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Job and affordability. Doubled the value and moved to a very safe part of OC and the guns stay locked up. But this is not all about me. How about others that still live in that neighborhood where they work and raise their families. In a city that has rampant crime?  They are not protected by those that they pay so protect and serve so is it not in their best interest to protect themselves?  And this is a neighborhood of $1m homes. It’s a shopping mall for burglars. 

now I’m not being a smart mouth.  Do house alarms help?  I was broken into a couple of years ago and now the alarm

is loud and on when we even go for a walk in the neighborhood. I’ve heard anecdotally that the loud alarms are helpful.  We have a lot of burglaries in this part of OP. 

Edited by SectionC3

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It would be healthiest to approach all threats with the same verve.  Got a steak in the freezer? Get it to the trash.  Replace it with a green vegetable.  That’s the threat in your home tonight.  

So a steak and cheesecake should be approached in the same manner as a meth head?  I can control what I buy. I can’t control who breaks down my back door. 

So again. You want my wife to defend herself against a burglar with what exactly. A spatula?  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

So a steak and cheesecake should be approached in the same manner as a meth head?  I can control what I buy. I can’t control who breaks down my back door. 

So again. You want my wife to defend herself against a burglar with what exactly. A spatula?  

The point is that you’re more likely to die from dietary excess than you are in a burglary.  So if you’re that concerned about personal protection you should be as animated about vegetables as you are firearms.  

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now Gene, just because you were recently conjured up doesn't give you the right to conjure up statistics. First of all your figure of 100 burglary homicides per year in the U.S. does not sound right. In addition, you've narrowed it down too much. I suggest you conjure up a link and include all instances of home invasion, robbery, burglary, rape, etc. We wouldn't want to be arguing a false premise, now would we?

2015: 102 Burglary Homocides

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/expanded_homicide_data_table_10_murder_circumstances_by_relationship_2015.xls

2016: Couldn't find it

2017: 90 Burglary Homicides

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-10.xls

2018: 75 Burglary Homicides

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-10.xls

2019: Not yet available?

Missing a couple of years, but you get the point.

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

now I’m not being a smart mouth.  Do house alarms help?  I was broken into a couple of years ago and now the alarm

is loud and in when we even go for a walk in the neighborhood. 

Dude. My burglar alarm went off at 2pm one day. They asked if I wanted the cops to show (I was at work). I said yes. They showed up 14 hours later. Saw them on my security cam and heard one say “nothing looks disheveled”. Never even knocked on the door. Now do you think every burglar I Oakland knows they have plenty of time to ransack before the police show? Here’s a hint. They do. 

The point is that you’re more likely to die from dietary excess than you are in a burglary.  So if you’re that concerned about personal protection you should be as animated about vegetables as you are firearms.  

What makes you think I’m not more animated about my diet? 

Edited by Chef Jim

59 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm afraid of losing my hair because:

1. It's fantastic.  I mean I'm not Poz or anything but it's great.

2. I've seen baldness turn people irrationally angry beings.  I don't want to be angry.  

Don't be so angry there Kojak.  Wear a hat or at least use SLF 50+ on that dome.  It'll calm you down.

Oh, I'm not mad, I just like to argue. That's one of my flaws. The ladies love a bald guy with muscles. ?

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Dude. My burglar alarm went off at 2pm one day. They asked if I wanted the cops to show (I was at work). I said yes. They showed up 14 hours later. Saw them on my security cam and heard one say “nothing looks disheveled”. Never even knocked on the door. Now do you think every burglar I Oakland knows they have plenty of time to ransack before the police show? Here’s a hint. They do. 

What makes you think I’m not more animated avoid my diet? 

I see a lot of back and forth about firearms, but no conversation about the benefits of broccoli.  Which, by the way, I am dying for right now in the midst of the pandemic.  

Edited by SectionC3

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Stats are stats, Chef. I don't doubt you, but it sounds like you chose your situation. How many would-be attacks have you thwarted since you moved in?

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I see a lot of back and forth about firearms, but no conversation about the benefits of broccoli. 

Because the original conversation was about the Second Amendment. Jesus. You want to talk about healthy lifestyle start a threat over on OTW

Now I don’t frequent there much so I’ll tell you. I go (or went before corona) to the gym six days a week. Have a salad for dinner every night, lots of fruit, no alcohol and very little sugar.  Oh and I since I moved my guns stay locked up. Feel like a fool now? 

9 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Stats are stats, Chef. I don't doubt you, but it sounds like you chose your situation. How many would-be attacks have you thwarted since you moved in?

And I chose to leave and move to a very safe neighborhood. Not everyone has that option. Do you have a problem with them protecting themselves?  If so why? 

Edited by Chef Jim

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Because the original conversation was about firearms. Jesus. You want to talk about healthy lifestyle start a threat over on OTW

Now I don’t frequent there much so I’ll tell you. I go (or went before corona) to the gym six days a week. Have a salad for dinner every night, lots of fruit, no alcohol and very little sugar.  Oh and I since I moved my guns stay locked up. Feel like a fool now? 

And I chose to leave and move to a very safe neighborhood. Not everyone has that option. Do you have a problem with them protecting themselves?  If so why? 

Nope. I have no problem with it, actually. I'm just interested in debating how important it really is. Given the crime stats and as well as stats around how having guns at home actually increases your odds of being killed by a gun, I wonder if "keeping my family safe from intruders" people are really just making themselves feel better without accomplishing the desired goal. That said, it obviously helps you sleep at night, so by all means, have at it. I honestly hope you never have to use it.

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Maybe but they love a guy with muscles AND hair who can cook even more. 

Maybe. Plenty to go around. Plus, you're married. In quarentine. I love you man. You may need that gun after all! ?

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now Gene, just because you were recently conjured up doesn't give you the right to conjure up statistics. First of all your figure of 100 burglary homicides per year in the U.S. does not sound right. In addition, you've narrowed it down too much. I suggest you conjure up a link and include all instances of home invasion, robbery, burglary, rape, etc. We wouldn't want to be arguing a false premise, now would we?

I provided links and another poster provided the second part up-thread.

I just want to add that, in my opinion, the problem is, as many here are often eager to point out, the media. Many of these crimes, just like child abductions and other evil schitt are sensationalized in the media and dominate news cycles because that leads to clicks. You see it all the time, but it doesn't happen very often at all. I was surprised by the numbers as well. I did assume that the numbers would be relatively low, but not that low.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Because the original conversation was about the Second Amendment. Jesus. You want to talk about healthy lifestyle start a threat over on OTW

Nope.  Don’t feel like a fool.  

Also, I live basically the same way.  Went vegetarian recently.  It’s like rocket fuel for the body.  Try it.  It’s great. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

To my Trump/Keep America Great friends: any thoughts on the protest and on Rus Thompson?  Anyone planning to go?

https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/19/health-experts-advise-sustained-social-distancing-ahead-of-gridlock-buffalo-protest/

How many of those morons will get in car accidents today? The logic of staying in a vehicles to put nobody at risk but demanding businesses open up is backward

15 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

How many of those morons will get in car accidents today? The logic of staying in a vehicles to put nobody at risk but demanding businesses open up is backward

Almost as backwards as "Keep America Great."  I don't know about you, but I think Depression-era unemployment, a pandemic, and a president who claims "absolute authority" but takes no responsibility for such crises is not all that great. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Almost as backwards as "Keep America Great."  I don't know about you, but I think Depression-era unemployment, a pandemic, and a president who claims "absolute authority" but takes no responsibility for such crises is not all that great. 

There is rich irony in the protest. The organizer, Russ Thompson (who is sad his concrete business can't open :( wah wah wah) was sentenced to three years probation in 2017 for voter fraud. A Republican involved with voter fraud? Impossible!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

There is rich irony in the protest. The organizer, Russ Thompson (who is sad his concrete business can't open :( wah wah wah) was sentenced to three years probation in 2017 for voter fraud. A Republican involved with voter fraud? Impossible!

But people plead guilty for lots of different reasons!  That's fake news because it wasn't on Fox or OAN! /end sarcasm. 

Trump’s nonsense does not seem to be working. In the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, 58 percent of Americans expressed worry the economy will reopen too soon, and only 32 percent are concerned it will not be reopened fast enough. Notably, “Only 36 percent of respondents in the poll say they generally trust what Trump has said when it comes to the coronavirus, while 52 percent say they don’t trust him.” Americans meanwhile give their own governors a 66 percent approval rating. Only 34 percent think the federal government has done enough on testing or on making other medical supplies available.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Also, I didn't realize that he had a concrete business. My understanding is that he used to be Carl Paladino's driver.  Not sure what happened b/w him and Carl. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Trump’s nonsense does not seem to be working. In the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, 58 percent of Americans expressed worry the economy will reopen too soon, and only 32 percent are concerned it will not be reopened fast enough. Notably, “Only 36 percent of respondents in the poll say they generally trust what Trump has said when it comes to the coronavirus, while 52 percent say they don’t trust him.” Americans meanwhile give their own governors a 66 percent approval rating. Only 34 percent think the federal government has done enough on testing or on making other medical supplies available.

Gotta be fake newz.   There's a sizable contingent here that's ready to go out and start liberating stuff without wearing masks or practicing social distancing, just like the Prez. 

Oh, and bets against the market are at an all-time high this morning.  But of course that has nothing to do with the misguided and myopic haste in the White House. 

7 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Nope. I have no problem with it, actually. I'm just interested in debating how important it really is. Given the crime stats and as well as stats around how having guns at home actually increases your odds of being killed by a gun, I wonder if "keeping my family safe from intruders" people are really just making themselves feel better without accomplishing the desired goal. That said, it obviously helps you sleep at night, so by all means, have at it. I honestly hope you never have to use it.

It’s a peace of mind play. In certain neighborhoods (like Oakland) it’s a reality not paranoia. If I was paranoid I’d have the guns out regardless of where I lived.  Now I have them locked up and leave windows and doors unlocked. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope.  Don’t feel like a fool.  

Also, I live basically the same way.  Went vegetarian recently.  It’s like rocket fuel for the body.  Try it.  It’s great. 

Well you should feel like a fool. Telling someone that they should be concerned about their health when you have no idea how healthy they actually are. 

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s a peace of mind play. In certain neighborhoods (like Oakland) it’s a reality not paranoia. If I was paranoid I’d have the guns out regardless of where I lived.  Now I have them locked up and leave windows and doors unlocked. 

That actually is a pretty good articulation of your position and a pretty good explanation of why you don't fall into the paranoid category.  Well done.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Well you should feel like a fool. Telling someone that they should be concerned about their health when you have no idea how healthy they actually are. 

There you go again.  Another Chef Jim hoax.  Fake news.  

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Yes it would be far better if the citizenry would just be willing to quietly starve to death huddled in their homes waiting patiently for the government truck to come round with their ration of cheese. 

Who said anything about starving to death?  Grocery stores and pharmacies are open here.  To my understanding there is no forced closure of grocery stores and food supply operations anywhere.  There may be certain food supply issues (getting bacon or ham or whatever is made at those SD plants might be tricky for a bit).  But the cheese reference is (again, I detest the term) gaslighting.  Maybe I should just call it a SoCal Deek hoax.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Who said anything about starving to death?  Grocery stores and pharmacies are open here.  To my understanding there is no forced closure of grocery stores and food supply operations anywhere.  There may be certain food supply issues (getting bacon or ham or whatever is made at those SD plants might be tricky for a bit).  But the cheese reference is (again, I detest the term) gaslighting.  Maybe I should just call it a SoCal Deek hoax.  

Deek is a hyperbolic moron

Absolutely hilarious! And can you tell me where the millions of unemployed people are going to get the MONEY to go to your open GROCERY STORE???  ‘Let them eat cake?’ 

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

Deek is a hyperbolic moron

Put the bong down Warren. 

46 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

B.c of Trump's idiocy now all the idiots are demanding everything open. So sad to see the state of this country and a president that only cares about votes.

People need to work in order to pay their bills.  Last I knew American Express and other creditors still want their money pandemic or not.  If a household consists of 2 workers making 75K per year collectively it's going to take more than the 1,200 dollars per month times 2 to cover the gap when it comes to paying the mortgage, debt on two vehicles, grocery, utilities, etc..

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Absolutely hilarious! And can you tell me where the millions of unemployed people are going to get the MONEY to go to your open GROCERY STORE???  ‘Let them eat cake?’ 

More fake logic from fake news SoCal Deek. 

The fed unemployment benefits are designed to take care of that.  And, for what it's worth, your logic has a flaw: simply reopening the economy doesn't mean that the "customers" will be there.  Because, you know, like two thirds or so of them seem to think it's a bad idea and are less likely to consume at pre-pandemic levels.

You'll probably come back with "but some people don't get the unemployment!" Fair enough.  There are going to be some losers in this situation, and the approaches now (which, I note, have been articulated in significant part by the Trump Administration) are designed to cause the least amount of harm. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-extends-social-distancing-guidelines-april-30-predicts-great-things-n1171536

Edited by SectionC3

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That actually is a pretty good articulation of your position and a pretty good explanation of why you don't fall into the paranoid category.  Well done.  

But, for some reason, you and Gene felt it necessary to go On about paranoia last night. And that is why, if you don’t feel foolish, you should. 

That is the problem with pointing fingers at people without knowing anything about their lives. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

But, for some reason, you and Gene felt it necessary to go On about paranoia last night. And that is why, if you don’t feel foolish, you should. 

That is the problem with pointing fingers at people without knowing anything about their lives. 

There you go again.  Another hoax. Who said I pointed fingers?  Maybe you're a bit paranoid about being called paranoid.  Not a lot of people know this, but if you're paranoid about being paranoid, then you are paranoid.  

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

More fake logic from fake news SoCal Deek. 

The fed unemployment benefits are designed to take care of that.  And, for what it's worth, your logic has a flaw: simply reopening the economy doesn't mean that the "customers" will be there.  Because you know, like two thirds or so of them seem to think it's a bad idea and are less likely to consume at pre-pandemic levels.

You'll probably come back with "but some people don't get the unemployment!" Fair enough.  There are going to be some losers in this situation, and the approaches now (which, I note, have been articulated in significant part by the Trump Administration) are designed to cause the least amount of harm. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-extends-social-distancing-guidelines-april-30-predicts-great-things-n1171536

Oh come on! Where in the world do you think the government gets the MONEY to give it to the unemployed? The ignorance is absolutely breathtaking! 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Oh come on! Where in the world do you think the government gets the MONEY to give it to the unemployed? The ignorance is absolutely breathtaking! 

Hoax.  Right now they're printing it and borrowing it.  More fake logic from fake news SoCal Deek. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Get it right man. It’s now “let them eat ice cream” 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Right now they're printing it and borrowing it.  More fake logic from fake news SoCal Deek. 

Yeah that $1,200 is going to go a long way. Why do you think people across the country are protesting to get back work?  

There you go again.  Another hoax. Who said I pointed fingers?  Maybe you're a bit paranoid about being called paranoid.  

Hoax?  Did you not go on last night about the fact that I should be more concerned about my health than being attacked by an intruder?  

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Right now they're printing it and borrowing it. 

Is that a good thing?  

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Get it right man. It’s now “let them eat ice cream” 

Yeah that $1,200 is going to go a long way. Why do you think people across the country are protesting to get back work?  

No more sarcasm here on my part.  Some of them are struggling, no doubt.  Some of them are bored.  Some are desperate.  Some don't believe the science.  And some are duped by the President.  There's no one-size fits all answer.

And there's no perfect answer to the horrible problems that we face as a country.   On my end, the smart money says that we have to hang tight for a little while longer for both the greater good and the long-term good.  But I get the struggle, I honestly do, and I get the frustration of those who are watching retirement savings evaporate and debt mount.  It's horrible.  

Edited by SectionC3