Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

36 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope. Nice try. Again with the “I know all about you” posts. ?

Here’s a question for you. What piece of protection is going to have the bad guy turning and running in the first place. A handgun or a spatula? 

In 3,281,999 out of every 3,282,000 million universes, Chef, there is no bad guy.

Edit: I ***** up. :)

Edited by Gene Frenkle

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope. Nice try. Again with the “I know all about you” posts. ?

Here’s a question for you. What piece of protection is going to have the bad guy turning and running in the first place. A handgun or a spatula? 

How do you plan to hold this guy to get him to prison if he turns to run? 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The stats show that a term policy every paying out is astronomically low. So why are they so popular?  

Your point is I shouldn’t have my guns?????  Seriously?  Why not?

Because people are dumb.

Again, I don't care if you have your guns.  Just be informed and real about why you want them.

25 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

And that's the other part.  The chances of you being invaded by an armed intruder in the first place and successfully protecting yourself are astronomically low.

pulling the trigger is like totally complicated ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I'm generally irked by irrational thought and illogical thinking dictating how we live our lives.  Plus, I like to argue.

Again. My home was broken in to 12 months after we bought it. Our neighbor three times in the  5 years we lived there. Caught two people on my security cam peeking in my window on different occasions m.  Had one person knock on my door in the middle of the night and when I didn’t answer hop in someone’s car are speed off. Several instances of crazy people up and down our hill caught on cam. That’s not irrational that’s reality of where I lived. I bought two handguns when I lived there for protection. Since I moved I still have them because I learned I enjoyed going the range. 

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

How do you plan to hold this guy to get him to prison if he turns to run? 

If he turns to run then the fact that Chef Jim is pointing a gun at him rather than a spatula is what most likely saved the day. The purpose of the gun is not to put someone in prison but to keep the intruder from harming anyone in the house. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

If he turns to run then the fact that Chef Jim is pointing a gun at him rather than a spatula is what most likely saved the day. The purpose of the gun is not to put someone in prison but to keep the intruder from harming anyone in the house. 

But Chef Jim said the odds are better that the intruder will go to jail with Chef Jim's possession of the gun than without.  So the "play" is that the intruder will freeze upon sight of the weapon?  And wait for the police to come?  Who, according to Chef Jim, also sometimes take 14 hours or thereabouts to respond to burglaries in Oakland?  I just don't follow. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Again. My home was broken in to 12 months after we bought it. Our neighbor three times in the  5 years we lived there. Caught two people on my security cam peeking in my window on different occasions m.  Had one person knock on my door in the middle of the night and when I didn’t answer hop in someone’s car are speed off. Several instances of crazy people up and down our hill caught on cam. That’s not irrational that’s reality of where I lived. I bought two handguns when I lived there for protection. Since I moved I still have them because I learned I enjoyed going the range. 

And yet you're still here.

I read that's part of why the number is so low every year.  Generally, burglars don't want to kill you.  They break in during the day, when you're not at home.  You're better off getting some dogs.

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I don’t. I will do my best to make sure he doesn’t flee the scene. If he does he one that got away. 

Well, I guess based on my last post your odds are probably slightly better of waiting the guy out with a gun than without.  But it's going to be an awfully long standoff if police response is as bad as you say it is in Oakland.  You'd probably be better off with a fake gun in that instance as well.  Or a pellet gun.  Eliminate the risk of accidental shooting in non-criminal situation. 

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

And yet you're still here.

I read that's part of why the number is so low every year.  Generally, burglars don't want to kill you.  They break in during the day, when you're not at home.  You're better off getting some dogs.

And yes I'm still here. What's your point? 

I don't want to kill them either.  I want them to go to jail.  A dog is not going to call the cops.  So you solution is to chase them away so they can break into someone else's house?  And yes they break in during the day when the THINK i'm not at home.  I had a kid try to break in during the day while I was at home.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

But Chef Jim said the odds are better that the intruder will go to jail with Chef Jim's possession of the gun than without.  So the "play" is that the intruder will freeze upon sight of the weapon?  And wait for the police to come?  Who, according to Chef Jim, also sometimes take 14 hours or thereabouts to respond to burglaries in Oakland?  I just don't follow. 

Have you ever had a gun pointed at you? I can guarantee you that aren't going to be looking up the odds of actually getting shot while you are looking down that barrel. 

2 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

It's a gun owner's wet dream.

I'm pretty impatient.  I can't imagine hanging around for 14 hours pointing a gun at somebody waiting for the cops to come on somebody.  Kudos to those with that kind of commitment. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Have you ever had a gun pointed at you? I can guarantee you that aren't going to be looking up the odds of actually getting shot while you are looking down that barrel. 

So basically you're on the "all criminals will freeze and wait patiently, perhaps for up to 14 hours, when the gun is brandished" team.  Got it. 

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Well, I guess based on my last post your odds are probably slightly better of waiting the guy out with a gun than without.  But it's going to be an awfully long standoff if police response is as bad as you say it is in Oakland.  You'd probably be better off with a fake gun in that instance as well.  Or a pellet gun.  Eliminate the risk of accidental shooting in non-criminal situation. 

Slightly better with a gun.  SLIGHTLY??  Ok now you're just arguing for the sake to argue.  The cops will be there a bit quicker if I tell them I have a weapon. Trust me.