Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

If Jim really wants to put a bad guy in jail he should become a cop.

We were pretty hard up for prosecutors in NYS recently, too.  That's always out there. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Slightly better with a gun.  SLIGHTLY??  Ok now you're just arguing for the sake to argue.  The cops will be there a bit quicker if I tell them I have a weapon. Trust me. 

So why not tell them you have a weapon all of the time?  I mean, that's one way to get rid of that 14-hour wait time in situations like this one. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I'm pretty impatient.  I can't imagine hanging around for 14 hours pointing a gun at somebody waiting for the cops to come on somebody.  Kudos to those with that kind of commitment. 

Who said it would take the cops 14 hours to show up in this situation? 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

The cops will be there a bit quicker if I tell them I have a weapon. Trust me. 

So you don't actually need the weapon when calling the cops to get them to arrive, you just need to say you have a weapon. That negates the purpose of said weapon.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Well-armed militia.  I got this one.  And to the framers, well-armed militia meant the possession of muskets and like instruments.  Enjoy your textualist approach to the Constitution. 

Wrong. 

Such an odd combination of ignorance and cowardice on display in this thread from some. It’s kind of funny how eager some of you are to advertise your own lack of courage. Trust us, that lack of testicular fortitude shines through in ya’ll’s posts, no need to spike the ball while making your point. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong. 

Such an odd combination of ignorance and cowardice on display in this thread from some. It’s kind of funny how eager some of you are to advertise your own lack of courage. Trust us, that lack of testicular fortitude shines through in ya’ll’s posts, no need to spike the ball while making your point. 

Educate me, Deranged Rhino man.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Who said it would take the cops 14 hours to show up in this situation? 

"Dude. My burglar alarm went off at 2pm one day. They asked if I wanted the cops to show (I was at work). I said yes. They showed up 14 hours later. Saw them on my security cam and heard one say 'nothing looks disheveled'. Never even knocked on the door. Now do you think every burglar I Oakland knows they have plenty of time to ransack before the police show? Here’s a hint. They do." -Chef Jim, approximately 10 hours ago. 

Edited by SectionC3

I'm pretty impatient.  I can't imagine hanging around for 14 hours pointing a gun at somebody waiting for the cops to come on somebody.  Kudos to those with that kind of commitment. 

This is as fvcked up as it gets. An intruder is in your house and it's a non-criminal situation?

"Eliminate the risk of accidental shooting in non-criminal situation". 

When you call the cops you tell them that you just shot someone. I guarantee you they'll get there in a hurry and the intruder will have second thoughts about doing anything else but practicing compliance. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Educate me, Deranged Rhino man.  

Your understanding of freedom, liberty, and what it cost to secure them is woefully shallow. You’re a victim of fear, and deeply programmed by those who wish to keep you subservient and dumb. 

And you’re showing, over and over in this thread, you lack the courage to think for yourself. Work on those issues first. Then we can refine your other shortcomings. 

So why not tell them you have a weapon all of the time?  I mean, that's one way to get rid of that 14-hour wait time in situations like this one. 

So you want me to lie to the police?  That's your answer?  You're clutching here man. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is as fvcked up as it gets. An intruder is in your house and it's a non-criminal situation?

"Eliminate the risk of accidental shooting in non-criminal situation". 

When you call the cops you tell them that you just shot someone. I guarantee you they'll get there in a hurry and the intruder will have second thoughts about doing anything else but practicing compliance. 

Who said anything about non-criminal in the context of a burglary?  Weapons aren't in the home only at the time a crime is committed.  If one doesn't need a firearm to protect from crime and can instead accomplish that purpose with a pellet gun or a dummy weapon, then the latter options would be preferable because the risk of an accident involving the firearm in a non-criminal situation would be abated.  

Your understanding of freedom, liberty, and what it cost to secure them is woefully shallow. You’re a victim of fear, and deeply programmed by those who wish to keep you subservient and dumb. 

And you’re showing, over and over in this thread, you lack the courage to think for yourself. Work on those issues first. Then we can refine your other shortcomings. 

Fake news.  Hoax.  No specifics. 

Edited by SectionC3

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

So you don't actually need the weapon when calling the cops to get them to arrive, you just need to say you have a weapon. That negates the purpose of said weapon.

Again you also want me lie to the police? I tell them I have a weapon and they rush to the scene putting themselves and others in danger and they show up and it's "well I lied about the weapon to get you here faster" That a solid idea.  Really just stop. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Have you ever had a gun pointed at you? I can guarantee you that aren't going to be looking up the odds of actually getting shot while you are looking down that barrel. 

Nope, thankfully.  I suppose it depends on who's holding it, from an accuracy standpoint.  Trained cops miss all the time, which is why they're trained to shoot center mass, no?

39 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

You should give all of your starving friends some of your millions.

Holy crap!  A sample size of 1.  I'm convinced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

Estimates over the number of defensive gun uses vary wildly, depending on the study's definition of a defensive gun use, survey design, country, population, criteria, time-period studied, and other factors. Low-end estimates are in the range of 55,000 to 80,000 incidents per year, while high end estimates reach 4.7 million per year. Discussion over the number and nature of DGU and the implications to gun control policy came to a head in the late 1990s

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you want me to lie to the police?  That's your answer?  You're clutching here man. 

How would that be a lie?  You are a gun owner, right?  So tell the police you have a weapon.  I don't see the lie. 

And, at least in NYS, burglary of a dwelling is a violent crime.  So, weapon or not, it would seem that the risk inherent in rushing to the scene would be warranted. 

Edited by SectionC3

That’s a very specific post. The fact you brush it off only proves my point. 

Keep on being afraid of a tool. You’re showing how brave you are, section. :lol: 

There you go again.  More fake logic.  This is what you said: 

"Your understanding of freedom, liberty, and what it cost to secure them is woefully shallow. You’re a victim of fear, and deeply programmed by those who wish to keep you subservient and dumb."

You never explained how my understanding is deficient, why I am a victim of fear, and how I am deeply programmed.  

If you have non-fake logic, or non-fake news in this respect, please let me know. 

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

I'd put on my Tom Bauerle approved invisibility cloak, walk to the door, grab the machete, sneak up from behind and hack away. C'mon man!

That is exactly what you don't want to do if you don't want to get charged with some degree of murder.

I'd put on my Tom Bauerle approved invisibility cloak, walk to the door, grab the machete, sneak up from behind and hack away. C'mon man!

Yep, typical response to someone living in a fairyland. Are you saying criminals don't have guns?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

That is exactly what you don't want to do if you don't want to get charged with some degree of murder.

Umm.. I would never take the invisibility cloak off. 

"Your understanding of freedom, liberty, and what it cost to secure them is woefully shallow. You’re a victim of fear, and deeply programmed by those who wish to keep you subservient and dumb."

You never explained how my understanding is deficient, why I am a victim of fear, and how I am deeply programmed.  

If you have non-fake logic, or non-fake news in this respect, please let me know. 

it's all it does

You’re afraid of opening too soon — based on your morning posting of hysterics. 

You’re afraid of an inanimate object, a gun, because you’ve been programmed to be so. 

And you’ve spent (now) two days railing against guns while using home invasions as a reason to show why they’re unnecessary — which misses the point of the second amendment entirely (because your understanding of liberty, freedom, and what it takes to secure them is woefully shallow).

Gee. It’s not like we JUST lived through an attempted back door coup of our OWN government’s making, and are, right now, living in a time when governors are stripping rights away from us under the promise of “security”. 

A smarter person, one not a victim of fear and MSM brainwashing, would understand now isn’t the time to make the case you’re trying to make because it’s NEVER looked so silly and shallow. 

But of course you’re just marching to the tune you’ve been programmed with without even realizing it... 

Sad way to live. But hilarious of you to share your lack of courage, reason, and logic with the class. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gary M said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

Estimates over the number of defensive gun uses vary wildly, depending on the study's definition of a defensive gun use, survey design, country, population, criteria, time-period studied, and other factors. Low-end estimates are in the range of 55,000 to 80,000 incidents per year, while high end estimates reach 4.7 million per year. Discussion over the number and nature of DGU and the implications to gun control policy came to a head in the late 1990s

Honest question: is that a domestic or international statistic?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You’re afraid of opening too soon — based on your morning posting of hysterics. 

You’re afraid of an inanimate object, a gun, because you’ve been programmed to be so. 

And you’ve spent (now) two days railing against guns while using home invasions as a reason to show why they’re unnecessary — which misses the point of the second amendment entirely (because your understanding of liberty, freedom, and what it takes to secure them is woefully shallow).

Gee. It’s not like we JUST lived through an attempted back door coup of our OWN government’s making, and are, right now, living in a time when governors are stripping rights away from us under the promise of “security”. 

A smarter person, one not a victim of fear and MSM brainwashing, would understand now isn’t the time to make the case you’re trying to make because it’s NEVER looked so silly and shallow. 

But of course you’re just marching to the tune you’ve been programmed with without even realizing it... 

Sad way to live. But hilarious of you to share your lack of courage, reason, and logic with the class. 

Sounds like a lot of keyboard psychology to me.  Fake analysis and fake logic from another source of fake news.  Sad!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sounds like a lot of keyboard psychology to me.  Fake analysis and fake logic from another source of fake news.  Sad!

It’s spot on. And you know it. Hence this pathetic response. Go back to hiding under the bed. Let the adults of the world take care of you (as always). 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Yep, typical response to someone living in a fairyland. Are you saying criminals don't have guns?

Actually, the original point was that for 3,281,999 people out of 3,282,000 US citizens, there never will be a criminal who would otherwise kill you in a burglary.

“I gave up on Deranged Rhino (a really nice guy) long ago, as have many others. People are dropping off like flies!”

You just got embarrassed. I’ll keep embarrassing you if you wish — or you can keep posting weak as ***** like this and keep embarrassing yourself. The choice is yours. 

Go on. Think you’re winning. :lol: 

It’s spot on. And you know it. Hence this pathetic response. Go back to hiding under the bed. Let the adults of the world take care of you (as always). 

Hoax.  I think you're actually part of the liberal, lamestream media and are just trying to confuse everyone.  You're a "terrible" poster and you're "never going to make it."

Hoax.  I think you're actually part of the liberal, lamestream media and are just trying to confuse everyone.  You're a "terrible" poster and you're "never going to make it."

He'll be the first to let you know he is a liberal. Believe it.

You just got embarrassed. I’ll keep embarrassing you if you wish — or you can keep posting weak as ***** like this and keep embarrassing yourself. The choice is yours. 

Go on. Think you’re winning. :lol: 

That was "nasty."  Sad!

"His Twitter views are decreasing. Terrible ratings. All time low. Sad"

Kind of like your Queen Hillary. So sad to see her fall from grace. Hey! Look on the brightside, you have biden now! Oh........he won't remember anything you tell him. So sad.

9 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Umm.. I would never take the invisibility cloak off. 

This is what you figure is an appropriate response? Your approach would get you put in jail. You lose an argument so you try to clown yourself out of the discussion? 

• Like (+1) 1