Jump to content
FeelingOnYouboty

Reading the tea leaves and it’s coming up Dugger

Recommended Posts

All the Bills journos are hunting at Jeremy Chinn or Kyle Dugger and they’ve gone out of their way to dismiss the RB at #54 links.

 

Parrino and Buscaglia especially have been hinting at Dugger the last few days on Twitter and they’re both pretty in tuned with OBD.

 

Dugger is one of those rare guys who’s raw but he’s also 24. One of the best athletes in the Draft and a violent player. Can play S and LB and will be on the field a lot in dime and nickel packages.

 

He’s a total gym rat and has high football character so you can see why Beane/McDermott would be enamored with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

All the Bills journos are hunting at Jeremy Chinn or Kyle Dugger and they’ve gone out of their way to dismiss the RB at #54 links.

 

Parrino and Buscaglia especially have been hinting at Dugger the last few days on Twitter and they’re both pretty in tuned with OBD.

 

Dugger is one of those rare guys who’s raw but he’s also 24. One of the best athletes in the Draft and a violent player. Can play S and LB and will be on the field a lot in dime and nickel packages.

 

He’s a total gym rat and has high football character so you can see why Beane/McDermott would be enamored with him.

If they took at Edge at 54 I’d understand their decision. Unless there is a guy falling 30ish spots past his projected pick I wouldn’t understand any other defensive picks in the 2nd round. 

 

Let’s get serious about building an elite offense, Diggs is nice now go get us Dobbins or a young WR. 

Edited by CommonCents
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want one of Dobbins or JT to fall to us at #54 or a WR like Aiyuk or Claypool but I trust Beane and McDermott either way. They’ve earned it.

  • Like (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I really want one of Dobbins or JT to fall to us at #54 or a WR like Aiyuk or Claypool but I trust Beane and McDermott either way. They’ve earned it.


This is sort of where I’m at.  Sort of.  It’s going to be tough watching Aiyuk or Hamler or Dobbins tear up the league in 2020 while our first pick (Dugger) spends the season as a special teams gunner.  Not that I don’t like the player - I do - but does he help us win in 2020?  I’m just not sure.  A pick like that would be within their comfort zone, I get that, but I wish they’d step outside of that zone and focus on speed on offense.  
 

And egads, if they pass on Johnathan Taylor to take a defensive back I will lose it.  I don’t think he’ll last to 54 but if somehow he did and they pass... that dude is special.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched a 3 minute Dugger draft video, which was not super impressive.  SI has him rated at #56.  I'd be a little surprised if he was our pick in the 2nd round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:


This is sort of where I’m at.  Sort of.  It’s going to be tough watching Aiyuk or Hamler or Dobbins tear up the league in 2020 while our first pick (Dugger) spends the season as a special teams gunner.  Not that I don’t like the player - I do - but does he help us win in 2020?  I’m just not sure.  A pick like that would be within their comfort zone, I get that, but I wish they’d step outside of that zone and focus on speed on offense.  
 

And egads, if they pass on Johnathan Taylor to take a defensive back I will lose it.  I don’t think he’ll last to 54 but if somehow he did and they pass... that dude is special.

 

Agree with all this. 

28 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

If took at Edge at 54 I’d understand their decision. Unless there is a guy falling 30ish spots past his projected pick I wouldn’t understand any other defensive picks in the 2nd round. 

 

Let’s get serious about building an elite offense, Diggs is nice now go get us Dobbins or a young WR. 

 

This is almost exactly where I am. My preference at #54 is edge but only if a guy worth the pick is there. Other than that they should go offense. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:


This is sort of where I’m at.  Sort of.  It’s going to be tough watching Aiyuk or Hamler or Dobbins tear up the league in 2020 while our first pick (Dugger) spends the season as a special teams gunner.  Not that I don’t like the player - I do - but does he help us win in 2020?  I’m just not sure.  A pick like that would be within their comfort zone, I get that, but I wish they’d step outside of that zone and focus on speed on offense.  
 

And egads, if they pass on Johnathan Taylor to take a defensive back I will lose it.  I don’t think he’ll last to 54 but if somehow he did and they pass... that dude is special.


My “surprise” pick of round 1 is Taylor to Atlanta 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They already have Siran Neal in that big nickel role and he is a very good player. And Taron Johnson is a very good slot corner (when healthy).

 

And Edmunds and Milano are on the field 100% of the time at LB.

 

Where exactly do Chinn and Dugger fit into this equation?

 

Chinn or Dugger would be a waste of a high draft choice if you ask me.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, njbuff said:

They already have Siran Neal in that big nickel role and he is a very good player. And Taron Johnson is a very good slot corner (when healthy).

 

And Edmunds and Milano are on the field 100% of the time at LB.

 

Where exactly do Chinn and Dugger fit into this equation?

 

Chinn or Dugger would be a waste of a high draft choice if you ask me.

After our playoff loss im not high om Siren Neal ...

Please give me Dugger or Chinn in the 2nd.

We can get Dillon or Akers or even A. Gibson later in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:


My “surprise” pick of round 1 is Taylor to Atlanta 


I could definitely see it.  Or to Miami.  Or the Chiefs at 32 if he lasts.  He’s maybe the most instinctual runner I’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

After our playoff loss im not high om Siren Neal ...

Please give me Dugger or Chinn in the 2nd.

We can get Dillon or Akers or even A. Gibson later in the draft. 


Does this team really need to spend its highest draft pick on upgrading on Siran Neal?  This is a critical, “all in” year.  It just seems shortsighted to me as much as I like the player.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

After our playoff loss im not high om Siren Neal ...

Please give me Dugger or Chinn in the 2nd.

We can get Dillon or Akers or even A. Gibson later in the draft. 

 

Akers will not be available later in the draft.

 

Neal just needs to learn to wrap up better. 😀

 

Dugger or Chinn is a waste to me, but if McBeane want them like you do........... Who am I to argue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

All the Bills journos are hunting at Jeremy Chinn or Kyle Dugger and they’ve gone out of their way to dismiss the RB at #54 links.

 

Parrino and Buscaglia especially have been hinting at Dugger the last few days on Twitter and they’re both pretty in tuned with OBD.

 

Dugger is one of those rare guys who’s raw but he’s also 24. One of the best athletes in the Draft and a violent player. Can play S and LB and will be on the field a lot in dime and nickel packages.

 

He’s a total gym rat and has high football character so you can see why Beane/McDermott would be enamored with him.

I don’t think anyone is tuned in with OBD

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think anyone is tuned in with OBD

 

They do things their way.

 

How many of us had Quinton Jefferson signing with this team?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think anyone is tuned in with OBD

Emoulds or bust, if he is even around anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

 

And egads, if they pass on Johnathan Taylor to take a defensive back I will lose it.  I don’t think he’ll last to 54 but if somehow he did and they pass... that dude is special.

I'm very much in the "don't pay a premium for RB" camp but when you take the strengths and weaknesses of Taylor and put them next to Singletary's strengths and weaknesses? My goodness. They would be an absolutely devastating backfield pair.

 

Taylor has that break-away speed that Singletary does not. Singletary has that knack for wiggling through the pile, where Taylor does not. Both of them had a ton of college touches so you could balance out the wear and tear worry. Taylor thrives with more carries whereas Singletary may never be a 25 touch guy in the NFL due to being a little on the small side.

 

I don't love the idea of an RB at 54 but if Taylor or Dobbins are like #25 on the Bills board and the next guys are 40-45? Yeah man that could be electric

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d rather sign Tedric Thompson who just turned 25 and has been in the league three years, and keep the draft pick. 
 

And as others have said, we have seen Siran Neal kind of grow into his role. Dugger seems like a very interesting prospect. Never seen him play but I have the Senior Bowl on my DVR as one thing on the “quarantine” things to do list. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Taylor falls to 54 its a no brainer, but I’m ok with a guy like Chinn at 54.  For those downplaying the need, we win the New England game and Houston game if we had somebody in the back 7 who was a physical tackler.  

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep, its the annual pre-draft ritual where I am going to fall in love with one prospect which makes watching the draft all that more interesting when its personal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...