Reading the tea leaves and it’s coming up Dugger

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We're not going to be excited about anyone we pick at 54. The top 3 RBs will be gone by then and it's hard to find a WR in that range that fills a need. We don't really have any major needs except for RB. With that in mind I'm not going to hate any pick at 54. Unless it's a RB anyone we pick there will likely not be a starter this year. So if it's Dugger, sure. I trust McDermott with DBs. The only reason I would hate that is if someone like Shenault or Taylor ended up dropping and we still didn't take them but that's pretty unlikely.

there is a very high chance a top graded WR will fall to us so this is totally false 

9 hours ago, CommonCents said:

If they took at Edge at 54 I’d understand their decision. Unless there is a guy falling 30ish spots past his projected pick I wouldn’t understand any other defensive picks in the 2nd round. 

Let’s get serious about building an elite offense, Diggs is nice now go get us Dobbins or a young WR. 

??? You want a RB in the 2nd round that wont even start or take 30% of the snaps OR a WR that won't even start or see 20% of snaps.

Edge  and RT are the biggest need. Hughes is done here soon and a replacement to split time with(more than 30%) would be a big gain. 

Edited by MrSarcasm

There was a Fairburn article posted here in Feb that detailed the scouting that went into Duggar:

I think this old interest mixed with not having any glaring needs is why you are seeing a resurgence of Duggar to the Bills. Imo, the Bills probably saw him as a mid round, poor-man Shaq Thompson type for McDs defense. I think rd 2 will be too pricy for Duggar in the Bills minds if I had to guess though if they do select him I wouldn’t hate it at all. I think he could become a really good player in our sub package and a potential heir apparent if they decide to part with Milano while paying Tre, Dawkins, Hyde, Josh and Edmonds.

i still think RB is most likely tho

13 hours ago, CommonCents said:

If they took at Edge at 54 I’d understand their decision. Unless there is a guy falling 30ish spots past his projected pick I wouldn’t understand any other defensive picks in the 2nd round. 

Let’s get serious about building an elite offense, Diggs is nice now go get us Dobbins or a young WR. 

Nah, they are gonna throw the ball more. RB is not really a need.

15 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Dugger is one of those rare guys who’s raw but he’s also 24.

You say he's "one of those rare guys" like it's a good thing. But he's not a steak.

He's raw so he'll need time to learn the game...but don't worry, his body will break down sooner because he's old(er), too. 

14 hours ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Just watched a 3 minute Dugger draft video, which was not super impressive.  SI has him rated at #56.  I'd be a little surprised if he was our pick in the 2nd round. 

Our pick is at 54 and future plans at S make sense.

Is that Earl Grey or Oolong? 
Because others don’t see the leaves that way, I think they can do better for the teams good, but hey what do I know... 

Go Bills!!!