Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Clemfield2622

Great article on Dion Dawkins

Recommended Posts

The process works when building around these type of young men. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got dusty in here when I got to the froot loops story

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tear or two when I got to the Fruit Loops part.

Maybe SmokinES3 should read this.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dopey said:

A tear or two when I got to the Fruit Loops part.

Maybe SmokinES3 should read this.

Only 4 more times to go then like clockwork.....

Tony todd GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great story.. Thanks for posting it. 

 

I didn't understand that that's what Dawkins is about.   Hard to imagine the Bills will let him go, because that's the kind of guy McDermott loves.   

 

And I was interested in this: "At some point, it really all just clicked. I gained a deeper understanding of the game of football, the role I had to play and the way I had to play it," Dawkins said.

 

That's the McDermott process at work.   Dawkins is saying that he can see it now, how it works.   It's that understanding that makes the game easier while at the same time increasing his effectiveness.   It's really encouraging.   

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He still has major issues with speed rushers. As far as LT’s go he is on the slow side and still needs to improve his footwork and timing off the snap. Overall I think he is a solid/good LT. I would probably give him 50mil for 5 years with 27 mil guaranteed. I definitely think the LT position can be upgraded and Dawkins has value in that he can play every position on the O-Line expect center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He still has major issues with speed rushers. As far as LT’s go he is on the slow side and still needs to improve his footwork and timing off the snap. Overall I think he is a solid/good LT. I would probably give him 50mil for 5 years with 27 mil guaranteed. I definitely think the LT position can be upgraded and Dawkins has value in that he can play every position on the O-Line expect center.

 

That wont get it done.

 

If he is solid/good, would you agree he is mid-range? As in the 16th best LT in the league? If so, and you want to sign him to a long term (5 year) deal, it will need to be at least around $15M/year. Which seems high right now, but in 2 years will be the middle tier average of LTs.

 

Mitch Morse got $11+M/year and hes a "decent" Center. We're talking LT here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dion is a thinker and a learner, and a good human being, it’s no wonder Coach wants him around, I for one am glad he’s a Buffalo Bill! 
 

Go Bills!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it hard to root for self absorbed knuckleheads, even if they're suiting up for our beloved Bills.

Conversely, Dion's the type of guy that keeps me around and cheering wildly, year after year. 

I really do love this team as much, or more than any that have come before them. 

They're building something special here and I wouldn't trade them for any other group in the league.

Go Bills!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have no problem with Beane giving Dawkins a market-value contract extension for an above-average starting LT.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

That wont get it done.

 

If he is solid/good, would you agree he is mid-range? As in the 16th best LT in the league? If so, and you want to sign him to a long term (5 year) deal, it will need to be at least around $15M/year. Which seems high right now, but in 2 years will be the middle tier average of LTs.

 

Mitch Morse got $11+M/year and hes a "decent" Center. We're talking LT here.

 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

That wont get it done.

 

If he is solid/good, would you agree he is mid-range? As in the 16th best LT in the league? If so, and you want to sign him to a long term (5 year) deal, it will need to be at least around $15M/year. Which seems high right now, but in 2 years will be the middle tier average of LTs.

 

Mitch Morse got $11+M/year and hes a "decent" Center. We're talking LT here.

I disagree, David Bakhtiari is possibly the best LT in the NFL and signed a deal in 2016 that pays him 14.5 mil in 2019 and 2020. If Bakhtiari was a FA right now he would probably be making 16 to 17 in 2020. Dawkins is not a top 15 LT and with that I would say he is average. Good run blocker but below average/average pass blocker. I honestly don’t see any upside in Dawkins game, I don’t see him being much better than he is right now. I can maybe see paying him 4 year 48mil 27G at around 12 mil a year with the 17 game season. Mitch Morse was considered a top 3 center when we signed him, Dawkins is nowhere close to top 3.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to be signed but not break the bank.  I have every confidence that Beane will make it so......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

 

I disagree, David Bakhtiari is possibly the best LT in the NFL and signed a deal in 2016 that pays him 14.5 mil in 2019 and 2020. If Bakhtiari was a FA right now he would probably be making 16 to 17 in 2020. Dawkins is not a top 15 LT and with that I would say he is average. Good run blocker but below average/average pass blocker. I honestly don’t see any upside in Dawkins game, I don’t see him being much better than he is right now. I can maybe see paying him 4 year 48mil 27G at around 12 mil a year with the 17 game season. Mitch Morse was considered a top 3 center when we signed him, Dawkins is nowhere close to top 3.

Apples to oranges. The Top paid center in the nfl makes $11.25 mil per year. The top paid left tackle makes $16.5 mil per year. You have to go down to the 16th highest paid left tackle to be at $11.25 mil per year. I don't see a 26 year old Dion taking $12 mil per year. Also, Bakhtiari signed 4 yer ago. Pretty sure the cap has gone up a few times since. If I'm Dion, I want $15 mil per year. If not, I'll be franchised at around $15 mil or I'm a FA free to shop around. Someone will pay at $15 mil for a 26 yr old LT who started 4 yrs straight. Just my take.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went to the same High School although he is a lot younger. I hear a lot of good things about him from friends who know him though, just a laid back nice dude  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

 

I disagree, David Bakhtiari is possibly the best LT in the NFL and signed a deal in 2016 that pays him 14.5 mil in 2019 and 2020. If Bakhtiari was a FA right now he would probably be making 16 to 17 in 2020. Dawkins is not a top 15 LT and with that I would say he is average. Good run blocker but below average/average pass blocker. I honestly don’t see any upside in Dawkins game, I don’t see him being much better than he is right now. I can maybe see paying him 4 year 48mil 27G at around 12 mil a year with the 17 game season. Mitch Morse was considered a top 3 center when we signed him, Dawkins is nowhere close to top 3.

 

 

Not by KC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...