Great article on Dion Dawkins

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Apples to oranges. The Top paid center in the nfl makes $11.25 mil per year. The top paid left tackle makes $16.5 mil per year. You have to go down to the 16th highest paid left tackle to be at $11.25 mil per year. I don't see a 26 year old Dion taking $12 mil per year. Also, Bakhtiari signed 4 yer ago. Pretty sure the cap has gone up a few times since. If I'm Dion, I want $15 mil per year. If not, I'll be franchised at around $15 mil or I'm a FA free to shop around. Someone will pay at $15 mil for a 26 yr old LT who started 4 yrs straight. Just my take.

$19M/year actually. And I agree with your entire post and thought process.

If a decent/average LT is going to sign a 5 year deal then it needs to $15M/year now, so that will be middle of the pack in a couple of years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The timing of MLJ's article makes me wonder if this extension might happen soon.  No FA or draft visits or Pro Day travel so Beane might have time he would not otherwise have had during a normal year.  It's just so specific it stood out to me.  Not a Milano or Tre article, but Dion.  Why now?   Seems like there must be something brewing.