The Thread To Vent On Nancy Pelosi & Her Hubris

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Then you keep sending them money.

Layoffs are going to be massive over the coming weeks. 

You either cut people checks or you crash the economy. 

Jobless claims this week are going to be in the millions. 

Reference for my point of view is that I’m a multimillionaire and made it from nothing. I have multiple businesses across the country and employees around the world. A couple of my businesses we were forced to lay people off, but my larger business, we were not.  I wanted to give you some feedback and hopefully, you give me your unemotional perspective. 

1). I agree that we need to make the unemployment package larger than what the Republicans proposed. Most people don’t know that small business account for approximately 48% of US employees. We will lose and have lost many of those jobs.  I want our employees taken care of.  

2)The politicians offer for a low interest SB loan is BS. As a small biz owner, we’ve risked our houses, our, 401k’s, and our good paying jobs in hopes we achieve The American Dream.  We don’t want another loan - we’ve had enough. 

**i believe the answer is for the government to cover 100% payroll for the SB and rent.  I believe most SB’s would cover all the other costs as they are minimal for most and it would keep their employees whole**

3) I agree with an effort to give unemployed people with lower income immediate checks from the government for food and other essentials.  What the cut off would be, I’m not sure,  but maybe more $ for those that have lower wages, more $ for those with kids, etc. 

4)I agree that we need oversight for the bailout $ for large firms. No stock buy backs, $ must be used for US employees, committee of Dems and Reps to decide who and how much, etc. 

I think we both agree we need a stimulus package immediately. We/they need to focus on those issues directly tied to our relief and recovery (as per above)I’m both saddened and scared that the Dems would introduce additional non-related issues in the stimulus bill and are holding America hostage. 

What would be your opinion if the Republicans decided to introduce pro-gun legislation? Anti-abortion laws? etc.  Now is not the time!

• Like (+1) 1

The Democrats are quite literally holding the American people hostage and morons across the internet are coming to their defense and even applauding them.

Guess what, morons. If and when the collapse occurs, it's going to happen to you too. When your child is cold and hungry and you don't have any way to make it better, at least you can whack your willy to the memory of Nancy showing up the Republicans.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If they can’t come to an agreement in a timely manner then I think you really need to look to remove Pelosi and McConnell from their positions. 

Our government works, but it’s not working with those two. It’s not fair to Americans who really need action here. 

I agree with the fact that we should not give one individual oversight of doling out $500B*.  But let’s focus on negotiating/changing THIS and NOT introducing totally unrelated issues -  you guys have to be sane enough to understand that, no?

*i have not read the entire stimulus package proposal and am going by the cursory comments I have seen, which imply Mnuchin decides where it goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

I agree with the fact that we should not give one individual oversight of doling out $500B*.  But let’s focus on negotiating/changing THIS and NOT introducing totally unrelated issues -  you guys have to be sane enough to understand that, no?

*i have not read the entire stimulus package proposal and am going by the cursory comments I have seen, which imply Mnuchin decides where it goes. 

I would suspect that it's more than Mnuchin but it is under his purview. It's the executive branch's responsibility to decide where it goes. It can always have oversight by congress. 

• Like (+1) 1

LEGISLATION: Republicans want a lifeline; Democrats want to remake the country.

The cynical partisan opportunism of Democrats exhibited during the coronavirus economic crisis has been breathtaking.

Rather than move forward with quick, no-frills, massive $1.8 trillion dollar rescue plan, Democrats decided to hold the country hostage by trying to cram through a slew of lefty goodies that have absolutely nothing to do with the pending economic crisis.

As corporate boards struggle to figure out ways to keep their companies afloat, Nancy Pelosi is demanding that they spend time filling gender and racial quotas, down to “subcommittee assignments.”

As the transportation sector wrestles with a once-in-a-century economic disaster, Democrats are trying to compel airlines — who have seen a 90 percent drop in customers — to cut greenhouse gas emissions every year until they hit a 50 percent reduction.

If Pelosi keeps this up, airlines are going to see a 100 percent reduction soon enough.

As small business lay off workers, Democrats held up a federal loan program so they can pass more wind and solar tax credits, fund NASA’s environmental restoration group and study climate mitigation efforts. How any of that going to save jobs? What does this have to do with coronavirus shutdowns?

As millions of Americans are filing for unemployment benefits, crushing state government budgets, Democrats held up a rescue bill so that they can give government employee unions extraordinary collective bargaining power.

As millions of Americans wonder how they’re going to make their next mortgage payments, Pelosi demands that the Senate offer free internet, fund community newspapers and set up minority-run banks.

As hospitals wait for funding, Pelosi is worried about national minority and gender pay equity — an age-old liberal hobbyhorse. By prioritizing affirmative action over rescue funds, she is ensuring that more Americans of all races, genders and creeds will be unemployed.

Rather than move quickly, Pelosi is demanding that the Senate federalize elections, setting up same-day voter registrations and provisions for conducting audits of elections.

The GOP Senate bill was 500 pages. The Pelosi bill I read was 1,120 pages. Reportedly, there is another version of the rescue bill circulating that is 1,400 pages. Who knows how many more political pet projects will be stuffed into this iteration of the bill.

“This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision,” Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) reportedly told his colleagues this week, echoing Barack Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel’s famous 2008 assertion that Democrats should never let a serious crisis go to waste.

The Senate bill that Democrats stopped would have given nearly every American $1,200, with $500 for every child. It would have allocated $250 billion for unemployment insurance, $350 for a small business loan program, more than $100 billion to hospitals, $11 billion towards vaccines, $4.5 more to the CDC, $20 billion to veterans healthcare, $12 billion for public education, another $10 billion to airports, and $5 billion to FEMA.

This debate isn’t over a bailout package, it’s over a rescue mission.

The coronavirus pandemic was unexpected existential event, not a normal economic downturn. And yet, Democrats have calculated that it was worth using this emergency to try and shove through agenda that would never normally pass. It is ugly, partisan and opportunistic.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Nancy wants $35M for the JFK  Center for the Performing Arts. How convenient that just received the JFK Profile in Courage Award.  Of course this will help get money to he hospitals and prevent small businesses and large from laying off millions of workers!

This. Is. Unbelievable.

View image on Twitter
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Democrats could have had an absolutely CRUSHING PR victory here if they just stuck to the workers. 

All they had to do was be a teensy bit less sociopathic than their Republican colleagues and they just couldn't do it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Nearly 88000 employees in the Treasury, more than enough to figure it out. The buck has to stop somewhere, and it must be assumed that whatever happened, somebody is going to be pissed off. 

Agree on where the focus should be. 

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

Quite the thread of Typhoid Nancy's bill:

Just a cursory search of the "Take Responsibility for Workers and Families Act" turns up mandates involving nothing to do with the Corona Virus. The following are some of the words (along with the number of times used) in those mandates:

Race/Racial    (40 times)
Ethnic/Ethnicity    (38 times)
Minority/Minorities    (258 times)
Gender    (26 times)
Women    (60 times)
Disabled/Disability    (42 times)
Diverse/Diversity    (126 times)
Climate    (16 times)
Carbon    (18 times)
Emissions    (46 times)

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:
10 hours ago - I'll be the oversight.” Anyone with a cursory memory of Trump's time in office should be hesitant to hand over a sum roughly equivalent to the GDP ...of Belgium.

You seem to have forgotten to complete that thought. That short little article is just filledwithshit and your little game of not finishing that thought might fool someone of your low intelligence but it doesn't fly here. Just like the sun rises in the East and Old Faithful erupts on schedule, you start the day off with a lie.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

If the Dems are so worried about a slush fund then why not propose congressional oversight of the fund? We have that same process on local school bonds in California! The oversight committee doesn’t make spending decisions but they audit the  expenditures so they’re held up to sunlight for everyone to see. The process had ended the previous trending towards corruption almost overnight. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You seem to have forgotten to complete that thought. That short little article is just filledwithshit and your little game of not finishing that thought might fool someone of your low intelligence but it doesn't fly here. Just like the sun rises in the East and Old Faithful erupts on schedule, you start the day off with a lie.

I'm not sure he is capable of finishing any thought....

• Like (+1) 2

This is pretty ridiculous, and I'm not even someone who would get a check! Here in DC there's a Google doc of service industry workers and their venmo/cashapp because of how hard this is on them. People need help, and their employers do too so they have a job to come back to.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Reference for my point of view is that I’m a multimillionaire and made it from nothing. I have multiple businesses across the country and employees around the world. A couple of my businesses we were forced to lay people off, but my larger business, we were not.  I wanted to give you some feedback and hopefully, you give me your unemotional perspective. 

1). I agree that we need to make the unemployment package larger than what the Republicans proposed. Most people don’t know that small business account for approximately 48% of US employees. We will lose and have lost many of those jobs.  I want our employees taken care of.  

2)The politicians offer for a low interest SB loan is BS. As a small biz owner, we’ve risked our houses, our, 401k’s, and our good paying jobs in hopes we achieve The American Dream.  We don’t want another loan - we’ve had enough. 

**i believe the answer is for the government to cover 100% payroll for the SB and rent.  I believe most SB’s would cover all the other costs as they are minimal for most and it would keep their employees whole**

3) I agree with an effort to give unemployed people with lower income immediate checks from the government for food and other essentials.  What the cut off would be, I’m not sure,  but maybe more $ for those that have lower wages, more $ for those with kids, etc. 

4)I agree that we need oversight for the bailout $ for large firms. No stock buy backs, $ must be used for US employees, committee of Dems and Reps to decide who and how much, etc. 

I think we both agree we need a stimulus package immediately. We/they need to focus on those issues directly tied to our relief and recovery (as per above)I’m both saddened and scared that the Dems would introduce additional non-related issues in the stimulus bill and are holding America hostage. 

What would be your opinion if the Republicans decided to introduce pro-gun legislation? Anti-abortion laws? etc.  Now is not the time!

Agree with all points.