The Thread To Vent On Nancy Pelosi & Her Hubris

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Aren’t you just as extreme in defending trump? Or do you think you are objective? 

Do you think it's extreme defending of Trump by correcting the absolute batschittcrazy stupidity of headlines explaining that a couple drank fish tank cleaner because Trump told them it was safe?

Is THAT what you consider extreme defense?

Edited by IDBillzFan

18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Do you think it's extreme defending of Trump by correcting the absolute batschittcrazy stupidity of headlines explaining that a couple drank fish tank cleaner because Trump told them it was safe?

Is THAT what you consider extreme defense?

Listen POTUS Trump talked about chemicals, those imbeciles drank chemicals, therefore #orangemanbad.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

They didn't write this last night. This has been the plan for a week at least. 

Dems are slitting their own throats. And the country is watching (because unlike previous times, they have nothing else to do)

On 3/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Who do you think was the lackey that got stuck with cleaning up these 1400 pages that Pelosi had tucked up her ass for safe keeping ??

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I hope everyone is finally able to figure it out. The Democrats were praying for a recession that would take down Trump. They never figured it would happen like this, but now that it has they are going to prolong it to the very breaking point!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I hope everyone is finally able to figure it out. The Democrats were praying for a recession that would take down Trump. They never figured it would happen like this, but now that it has they are going to prolong it to the very breaking point!

Yep and it will backfire like every other stupid hair brained scheme like the steel dossier,  fisa abuse, entrapment of the trump campaign associates and the attempted coup (impeachment).

Trump is for all intents and purposes a war time president. No way the Dems can win in November especially with a dementia riddled Biden as the DNC heir apparent.

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Yep and it will backfire like every other stupid hair brained scheme like the steel dossier,  fisa abuse, entrapment of the trump campaign associates and the attempted coup (impeachment).

Trump is for all intents and purposes a war time president. No way the Dems can win in November especially with a dementia riddled Biden as the DNC heir apparent.

There is a strong chance this will backfire on them, but they still might have 1 more card in the deck.  If 45 is seen as pushing too hard/fast to reopen society and we see a second wave after that, he will get hit harder by the D's and the media than he has been on anything else to date. (And they've hit him hard to date.)

This whole episode is unprecedented and there will be missteps along the way.  Those will be portrayed as apocalyptic.  

Remember, in the spring of '91, 41 had record high approval ratings.  One very minor recession which we we coming out of by November '92 later and he was out.

11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Anyone being honest with themselves knows there was a bipartisan deal done -- even Schumer touted it over the weekend -- and it was not blown up by McConnell but Pelosi when she found out some Senators were too sick to cast their vote.

The fact that you need me to point this simple truth to you suggests you either are just being a douche canoe, or you literally have not been following the events of the week.

why or?

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

There is a strong chance this will backfire on them, but they still might have 1 more card in the deck.  If 45 is seen as pushing too hard/fast to reopen society and we see a second wave after that, he will get hit harder by the D's and the media than he has been on anything else to date. (And they've hit him hard to date.)

This whole episode is unprecedented and there will be missteps along the way.  Those will be portrayed as apocalyptic.  

Remember, in the spring of '91, 41 had record high approval ratings.  One very minor recession which we we coming out of by November '92 later and he was out.

It was the failure to adhere to the "Read my lips, no new taxes pledge". 

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I very much support direct payments to people as consumer spending is 70% of all economic activity. Spending money gets the ball rolling. 

I don't know anything about the "BS" in the bill because no one knows what's in it yet. My honest opinion is that the Right Wing is already spreading lies as usual. 

The BS in the bill is a negotiation tactic and some meat for her base as I'm sure 2008 is fresh in her mind given the criticism of the TARP bill by the far left.  Tomorrow when they pass this thing we'll see how much of an improvement it was over the Senate bill. 

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The BS in the bill is a negotiation tactic and some meat for her base as I'm sure 2008 is fresh in her mind given the criticism of the TARP bill by the far left.  Tomorrow when they pass this thing we'll see how much of an improvement it was over the Senate bill. 

maybe there will be shovel ready jobs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What BS? Looks more like Democrats are seriously addressing the consumer income issue while the Republicans only want a trickle down approach, much like Hoover did. 

Anyway. If it passes. Will it work? 

How long until they have to pass another round of stimulus? This virus is just starting to hit the middle of the country. We could be in for months of this stuff as it spreads.